No announcement yet.

Just a thought on the Saints game......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm wondering if Brandon Marshall's offseason and suspension and all of that aren't still affecting our offense.

For instance...does he know the playbook? Is he running good crisp routes? In other words, does he know everything he needs to know to be the beast of a #1 WR that he can be?

Because if the answer to this is "yes" and we're NOT at least trying to go downfield with him, there's something wrong.

With his size, strength and will...Orton shouldn't have to be perfect to complete these passes.

I watched the entire MNF game and many of Brees' passes were not perfect. They were close and where only HIS guy could catch them. And his guys went up and made the catches.

That's all Orton has to do, I think. Marshall is good enough to go up and get the ball. Someone just needs to have faith in him to do it. And faith in Orton to make the throw.

I mean...who knows if Orton can stretch the defenses if we never try?

jim

Comment

Originally posted by vannestjc View Post
      I'm wondering if Brandon Marshall's offseason and suspension and all of that aren't still affecting our offense.

For instance...does he know the playbook? Is he running good crisp routes? In other words, does he know everything he needs to know to be the beast of a #1 WR that he can be?

Because if the answer to this is "yes" and we're NOT at least trying to go downfield with him, there's something wrong.

With his size, strength and will...Orton shouldn't have to be perfect to complete these passes.

I watched the entire MNF game and many of Brees' passes were not perfect. They were close and where only HIS guy could catch them. And his guys went up and made the catches.

That's all Orton has to do, I think. Marshall is good enough to go up and get the ball. Someone just needs to have faith in him to do it. And faith in Orton to make the throw.

I mean...who knows if Orton can stretch the defenses if we never try?

jim
      Remember last year, how many times did we say after a game "the turnovers killed us", "we would've won if we hadn't turn the ball over so many times". You can argue that it was the defense, the running game etc., but the biggest problem was the turnovers, by going more conservative McDaniels has improved this team and our record shows it.

Comment

One thing I would be concerned about with New Orleans is their turnovers.That could come back to bite them in a playoff game.Other then that they have the best offense since the 07 Pats,with a better running game.They have a three headed monster at running back,a Pro Bowl tight end and great receivers in Colston,Meachem and Henderson.At this writing,I have no idea how to neutralize the offense unless they hurt themselves with the turnovers.A big plus for this team is they will not have to play a playoff game in a cold weather site.Two games in the Superdome and then the Super Bowl.I think this offense could be slowed down in a place like Chicago or Green Bay(that is if either one of these teams had a defense)

The defense is average at best and lives off the big play.Sharper is probably the defensive player of the year and I like Vilma in the middle.

I dont see anyone in the NFC able to stop the Saints though the Cowboys or the Eagles could give them a game in a shootout.You would think that the Giants could slow down their offense,but I havent studied why the Giants D has collapsed in recent weeks.
        A Mile High Salute to the greatest Broncos fan of them all.Tim"Barrelman"McKernan,you have given us so many wonderful memories seeing you in the stands of all the Denver Broncos games over the years supporting the team that we all love

LETS WIN ONE SUNDAY FOR THE BARRELMAN! You will be missed

Comment

Originally posted by griff75 View Post
          Im from New Orleans and have been a die hard Saints fan from the womb but Ive also been a die hard Broncos fan since 1985 being a fan of Elway and tecmo bowl lol.

I wanted to get your thoughts on the Saints game last night as it relates to their offense and how they use Colston. I understand that we are totally different teams and they have Bress as quarterback. However, I hope that we can use Marshall in a similar way they use Colston. Also, hope we can use utilize different formations to confuse the defense with misdirection, power and trap run plays which would help play action pass and the pass offense in general.

The Saints do a great job in moving Colston around in all of their formations. He just about line up everywhere. Colston is a beast but so is Marshall. Its amazing how they get this guy open whether its deep, intermediate or short. Colston is not nearly good after the catch as Marshall but he gets way more opportunities. The Saints uses Shotgun, 2 te sets, spread formations etc. The te is also heavily involved in the run and passing game. We have similar if not better offensive weapons as the Saints and im thinking a better offensive line as well but we havent been able to sustain drives consistently throughout the game especially in the first half. I truly believe its because we are lining up in the same formations (shotgun) most of the times and throwing short plays. We also run a lot of draw plays which to me not fooling no one when the defense is playing underneath anyway. Im not sure if McD is holding back Orton or if Orton skills are that limited.

Im not here complaining about the Broncos by any means as we have only lost one game and I love what Mcd has done and will continue to do with this team. I just dont understand why we cant utilize Marshall in the same fashion as the Saints and use more formations and play action passes (esp. on short yardage plays). I dont believe that this has nothing to do with quarterback play only gameplan and scheme. Hopefully Mcd open up the playbook from now on and take shots down the field and utilize some double moves on the outside to take advantage of the deep safety.

Your thoughts.....
          Though I thought you brought up an interesting point and question for topic of discussion, I just dont see how you can be a "die hard" fan of multiple teams that play the same sport. Say they play each other in the Super Bowl, then what? Just seems strange and I am not trying to start an arguement by any means, im just sayin, Im a die hard Broncos fan, I could give 2 flying poops about any others.

Ya know?

Just my:2cents:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MVPManning View Post
            The Saints are very good but they're not the juggernaut you're making them out to be. They will not go undefeated and they will be challenged, if not beaten, in the playoffs.
            OK..so I am looking at the saints schedule here:

panthers - um...no
            Rams - nuff said
            Bucs - right..
            Pats - possible but it is in NO so I am saying no
            redskins - no way...
            falcons - we saw what NO can do to them already...
            cowgirls - dont think so...
            Bucs - again..really?
            panthers - see bucs...

So as you can see there are MAYBE one or two challenges really for this saints team to not go undefeated. Worst they go is 14-2 guaranteed. Who they going to lose to in playoffs? Giants? Philly? Cards? I dont think so.....

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
              Though I thought you brought up an interesting point and question for topic of discussion, I just dont see how you can be a "die hard" fan of multiple teams that play the same sport. Say they play each other in the Super Bowl, then what? Just seems strange and I am not trying to start an arguement by any means, im just sayin, Im a die hard Broncos fan, I could give 2 flying poops about any others.

Ya know?

Just my:2cents:
              I understand where you are coming from but to answer your question I would have go with the Saints. Why...1) Thats where I am from and although I dont stay there anymore thats where my heart is 2) Broncos have won a superbowl in the past and the Saints only won a couple playoffs game. We havent even tasted the big one yet. 3) Really though its a win win for me.

I will say this though, I am way more into the Broncos game than the Saints game. My wife have to check on me sometimes lol as im shouting at the tv constantly for good and bad plays. The Saints game i was into it but my intensity is not the same. On Madden, I always play with the Broncos and its been that way since Tecmo Bowl. And for my 10 year anniversary, my wife bought me an autograph Denver helmet by Elway, a NFL football signed by all the Denver players (04 team i think), autograph Champ Bailey picture. I bought myself Denver posters and bar table and stools where I have all this Denver items in. Also I have Champ Bailey authentic jersey, Broncos hats, shirts, and sweatshirts. For the Saints, I have Bush regular jersey, some tee shirts and hats. Thats it. So although I would go for the Saints in the Superbowl that doesnt change my die hard mantality for the Broncos. Like a said it would be a win win for me.

Last year when the Saints played Broncos all of my friends were saying man ive never seen you so quiet for a game and I said its a win win for me.

So there it is. Its not that hard but i understand your point.

Comment

Originally posted by redman4912 View Post
                OK..so I am looking at the saints schedule here:

panthers - um...no
                Rams - nuff said
                Bucs - right..
                Pats - possible but it is in NO so I am saying no
                redskins - no way...
                falcons - we saw what NO can do to them already...
                cowgirls - dont think so...
                Bucs - again..really?
                panthers - see bucs...

So as you can see there are MAYBE one or two challenges really for this saints team to not go undefeated. Worst they go is 14-2 guaranteed. Who they going to lose to in playoffs? Giants? Philly? Cards? I dont think so.....
                Giants Philly will give them a struggle but Im going with the Saints due to the fact they are extremely balanced on offense (4th in rushing and 9th in passing i believe) and the defense is playing extremely well. The D is creating alot of turnovers expecially Sharper and Greer and Porter are playing really well. We do miss Ellis in the middle and Fujita and LB so we will struggle a little in the run game but when Fujita gets back we will get alot better. Unfortunately Ellis is out for year i believe. The two major differences from past recent years are the run game and the pass D. Im so glad Jason David is out of the league as he was the main reason for big plays the last two years. The guy suck in the worst way.

Comment

Originally posted by griff75 View Post
                  im from new orleans and have been a die hard saints fan from the womb but ive also been a die hard broncos fan since 1985 being a fan of elway and tecmo bowl lol.

I wanted to get your thoughts on the saints game last night as it relates to their offense and how they use colston. I understand that we are totally different teams and they have bress as quarterback. However, i hope that we can use marshall in a similar way they use colston. Also, hope we can use utilize different formations to confuse the defense with misdirection, power and trap run plays which would help play action pass and the pass offense in general.

The saints do a great job in moving colston around in all of their formations. He just about line up everywhere. Colston is a beast but so is marshall. Its amazing how they get this guy open whether its deep, intermediate or short. Colston is not nearly good after the catch as marshall but he gets way more opportunities. The saints uses shotgun, 2 te sets, spread formations etc. The te is also heavily involved in the run and passing game. We have similar if not better offensive weapons as the saints and im thinking a better offensive line as well but we havent been able to sustain drives consistently throughout the game especially in the first half. I truly believe its because we are lining up in the same formations (shotgun) most of the times and throwing short plays. We also run a lot of draw plays which to me not fooling no one when the defense is playing underneath anyway. Im not sure if mcd is holding back orton or if orton skills are that limited.

Im not here complaining about the broncos by any means as we have only lost one game and i love what mcd has done and will continue to do with this team. I just dont understand why we cant utilize marshall in the same fashion as the saints and use more formations and play action passes (esp. On short yardage plays). I dont believe that this has nothing to do with quarterback play only gameplan and scheme. Hopefully mcd open up the playbook from now on and take shots down the field and utilize some double moves on the outside to take advantage of the deep safety.

Your thoughts.....
                  moderator....this thread was clearly a broncos thread about utilizing marshall in the same manner as the saints. Some responses later were geared to the saints. I want to hear more responses on their thoughts relating to the offense. Why would you move this when no one will probably respond now. Can you please put back. Unbelievable did you really read the thread

Comment

Working...
                  X