Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on the Chiefs Fan's Petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RodSmithRules
    replied
    This justs seems horribly reactionary.

I don't like Larry any more than anyone else, but let's be realistic. He didn't kill anyone. He didn't kill any animals. He didn't physically do anything. He was pouting about his team and he said the wrong thing. Big deal. Happens to everyone. Just because someone actually listens doesn't mean he's a villain. Just an idiot.

I hope he breaks the record. I really do. Chiefs fans and everyone else needs to realize that when someone apologizes for being an idiot, life moves on. Down the road, he'll probably do or say something stupid again. But this isn't a crime in any way. It's an overreaction in a society mired in political correctness. Let it go and move on.

Chefs fans....feh!

Leave a comment:

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I don't know...I'd have a problem with a player who was about to break a team record but has repeatedly bad-mouthed the franchise, the coaches, the other players, and has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to play for my team.

For argument's sake, let's say Jay Cutler was here right now, but he still was demanding to be traded and was criticizing Josh McDaniels. Say he was on the verge of breaking Elway's record for most touchdown passes in a season. Also (and again, for argument's sake), say you knew ahead of time that he wasn't going to be here in 2010. Would you want him to play and break Elway's record?

I wouldn't. Now, I probably wouldn't go as far as generate a petition for others to sign, but it would definitely be demoralizing.

So in that regard, I can see why Chiefs fans are disappointed.
    What he said^^^^

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    I don't know...I'd have a problem with a player who was about to break a team record but has repeatedly bad-mouthed the franchise, the coaches, the other players, and has made it abundantly clear he doesn't want to play for my team.

For argument's sake, let's say Jay Cutler was here right now, but he still was demanding to be traded and was criticizing Josh McDaniels. Say he was on the verge of breaking Elway's record for most touchdown passes in a season. Also (and again, for argument's sake), say you knew ahead of time that he wasn't going to be here in 2010. Would you want him to play and break Elway's record?

I wouldn't. Now, I probably wouldn't go as far as generate a petition for others to sign, but it would definitely be demoralizing.

So in that regard, I can see why Chiefs fans are disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    There's actually someplace where people sign claiming to be a Chefs fan?

Leave a comment:

• BRONCOS_OWN_U16
    replied
    Originally posted by speardog View Post
    I hope he gets a 100 yards against the Raiders just to piss Chef fans off.
    me too. what a lame petition.

if johnson has a 100 yard game this year it will probably be against us. he always seems to do good against us.

Leave a comment:

• speardog
    replied
    I hope he gets a 100 yards against the Raiders just to piss Chef fans off.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by Bad Reflexes View Post
    ROFL...

here's the link:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/StopLJ/petition.html

I signed it because I picked up Jamal Charles on my fantasy team and I need a running back real bad - LMAO
    I added my sig..................as McSmashie.......with commentary that says CHEFS SUCK! GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bad Reflexes
    replied
    ROFL...

here's the link:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/StopLJ/petition.html

I signed it because I picked up Jamal Charles on my fantasy team and I need a running back real bad - LMAO

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCanada
    replied
    Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    Nah, they may be replaced by a GOOD college team
    I'm willing to bet that the '08 Gators would play the '09 Chiefs pretty close.

As for the petition... Larry Johnson is a jerk. I can under stand why a Chief fan wouldn't want to watch him anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Bad Reflexes
    replied
    Yeah, all that baggage... plus he's 30? I could see him fade out like Shaun Alexander and Marvin Harrison did... just disappear onto waivers, never to return.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by 22cannon View Post
    He's already in their record book, they think he cares if he is the all time leader of some losing franchise?

He'd rather be playing for a winning team anyday.
    I dunno, teams are starting to shy away from "problem" players. Look at TO, he had to go to Buffalo to get a job. Pacman....gone. Travis Henry couldnt get work before his drug bust.

The NFL conduct policy is so hardcore, it isnt worth having high talent, high risk players on your team. It is too damaging to build your offense around a guy that could be suspended for doing some stupid.

I think if LJ get cut loose, he may be out of work. He is getting old and the tread is wearing thin on him.

Leave a comment:

• 22cannon
    replied
    He's already in their record book, they think he cares if he is the all time leader of some losing franchise?

He'd rather be playing for a winning team anyday.

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    Originally posted by JoRo View Post
    Those goofs could be replaced by a good POP WARNER team.

Leave a comment:

• JoRo
    replied
    Originally posted by McSmashie View Post
    If the petition was to have the Chiefs retracted from the NFL, I would be all for it!

Leave a comment:

• McSmashie
    replied
    If the petition was to have the Chiefs retracted from the NFL, I would be all for it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X