• Show
Clear All

• Cowher Declines Bills Offer

Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4683887

Originally posted by ESPN
    Source: Cowher not interested in Bills

By John Clayton
    ESPN.com

The Buffalo Bills reached out to former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, but he has informed them that he's not interested in interviewing for the job at this time, a source said Monday.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson has been aggressive in the past week trying to find a big-name replacement for fired coach **** Jauron. He has arranged for a meeting this week with former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. Cowher was another logical choice.

Cowher has been selective over the past couple of years in deciding the type of team he wants to coach. According to a source, Cowher doesn't want to interview for a job he's not going to accept despite the fact the Bills might be willing to pay top dollar for the right coach.

According to the source, Cowher told the Bills he wants to wait until the season ends before he starts interviewing for a job. Cowher is going to continue his broadcasting career and then see what's available after the season.
    Thoughts?
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Doesn't seem like much to me. He doesn't want to be involved with any team half way through the season.
    If it is still open at the end of the season there is nothing there that says he wouldn't be interested then. If I was in Cowher's shoes I would do the same thing.

Comment

I agree with Rocco. He said exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Cowher's family lives in the Carolina area, and it has been widely speculated that the only coaching job he would take would be with the Carolina Panthers if he takes one at all.
        sigpic

Adopted Posters:
        Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
        Adopted By:
        Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
        Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
          Cowher's family lives in the Carolina area, and it has been widely speculated that the only coaching job he would take would be with the Carolina Panthers if he takes one at all.
          Being from Pittsburgh I heard the same thing, personally I don't see Cower coaching next year either I think he is really enjoying NFL Today, probably making decent money without any responsibilities. I wanted him to come to Denver so bad when Shannahan was released he is a really good coach.

Comment

From everything I've read regarding Cowher, I don't think he'll be coming back to the NFL any time soon.
            Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Working...
            X