Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Shanny is hired, will he try and pick apart our roster/staff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Shanny is hired, will he try and pick apart our roster/staff?

Just a question I haven't seen on here yet, with the recent stumble of our team and a lot of guys somewhat irked by the way McD has run this team, do you think if Shanny is hired in Washington, do you think those Shanny faithful will try and get out of Denver and go play for Washington?

Shockingly, I really do think they will, I can't name names but I think you will see a lot of ex or current Bronco players making their way to Washington. And whats weird is I see Shanny trading/cutting Portis AGAIN

Anyways, any thoughts?

I'm telling you, watch out for this, Scheffler, Marshall, any of our RB's from 2008, all gon be at least talking to offers from Shanny now

Comment

I hope Bobby Turner is still here that is all I care about.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
        I'm telling you, watch out for this, Scheffler, Marshall, any of our RB's from 2008, all gon be at least talking to offers from Shanny now
        Shanahan wont sign Marshall, bank it. Million gazillion infinity dollars on it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chidoze View Post
          Shanahan wont sign Marshall, bank it. Million gazillion infinity dollars on it.
          He won't trade for Marshall, but the rumors that he didn't get along with Marshall I believe are false.

Shanahan would Love to have that talent...but I dont' think they trade away the picks for him.

Comment

The answer is yes, there are quite a few who would love to play for Shanahan again and I believe Bobby Turner is heading to D.C.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
              The answer is yes, there are quite a few who would love to play for Shanahan again and I believe Bobby Turner is heading to D.C.
              I agree, I'm curious what he will do with Portis though lol. And honestly I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't try to make a deal with the Bears for Cutler also. As far as players we have now I'm sure a hand full will go. It always happends. Just like a few from the Patriots came here with McD. . .
              sigpic
              MILE HIGH TIL I DIE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ravage!!! View Post
                He won't trade for Marshall, but the rumors that he didn't get along with Marshall I believe are false.

Shanahan would Love to have that talent...but I dont' think they trade away the picks for him.
                Yes, they got along just fine. But Shanahan knows that Marshall is one incident away from a lengthy suspension. He knew it while he was here, and that's why he wont trade for Marshall.

I'd even guess that Shanahan wouldnt sign him as a free agent, unless Marshall came cheap, but we all know Marshall wont sign anywhere cheap. There will always be a Dallas or Oakland that will pay him big money regardless of the risk.
                Last edited by Chidoze; 01-05-2010, 08:14 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Maybe not.

If the CBA doesnt get resolved (and that sounds unlikely), a lot of players are going into RFA, and a lot of tags will be slapped on players this season.

Do the Broncos have any talent coming up this year that will be Un-restricted, on the offensive side of the ball?

I could see Shanny taking a QB with their 1st rounder, though. I dont think Campbell will be there...
                  sigpic
                  Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                  -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by RickyVoorhees View Post
                    I agree, I'm curious what he will do with Portis though lol. And honestly I wouldn't be suprised if he doesn't try to make a deal with the Bears for Cutler also. As far as players we have now I'm sure a hand full will go. It always happends. Just like a few from the Patriots came here with McD. . .
                    Well during his press conference he said he is excited to be working with Campbell and excited about their future together. That is what a coach is supposed to say, maybe if Josh had said something like that the whole Cutler deal would have never happened. I also think the Bears are in too deep with Jay, it would have to be some kind of crazy deal that benefited Chicago in order for that to happen, because they already gave up the house just to aquire Jay in the first place.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think theyll try and get Scheffler, Hillis, Dumervil, and one of our Olinemen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                        I think theyll try and get Scheffler, Hillis, Dumervil, and one of our Olinemen.
                        I doubt they'll try and get Scheffler, they've already got some pretty good TE's. Cooley will be back and Fred Davis has been a pretty good TE for them.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
                          I doubt they'll try and get Scheffler, they've already got some pretty good TE's. Cooley will be back and Fred Davis has been a pretty good TE for them.

I know, I thought about that, but Scheffler is most likely out the door in Denver and Shanahan will want to get players who know his playbook and system, exactly how McDaniels did here with all those Patriots.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                            I think most of the talent Shanny would want has already moved on. Scheffler will be gone, no doubt and will fit in nicely with Washington.

For Dumervil, I don't think there is ANY chance Denver let's one of the most dangerous pass rushers in the league get away. Correct me, but he handled the OLB position great and should only continue to get better.

As for Hillis, he has great determination but he really isn't a starting back for any team in the league. I'm not sure why people see him as a starting back, anywhere. As the starter, he averaged less than 50 yards a game. I wish him the best of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                              I could see Shanny taking a QB with their 1st rounder, though. I dont think Campbell will be there...
                              while DC may draft a 1st round QB... i don't think campbell is going anywhere for at least one more season

Comment

Working...
                              X