No announcement yet.

Jags WIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's only week 3 and there are 13 more games to play.

The Jags season will count on staying healthy. Guys like Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith are injury prone. Those are two key guys on that offense.

And speaking of the O, it's no secret that it's not that good. Don't expect them to win games against teams like Indy, Minnesota, KC by scoring less then 20 points. The O has struggled but they've been fortunante that the D is playing great.

Their D can only take them so far and it's up to the O to put up the points. But like i said their season relies on injury prone players.

I still think they could be a wild card team. Indy will win that division. I see the Jags going 9-7 maybe 10-6 if their O steps up even a little.

Comment

Originally posted by DenverFanInGB

Guys like Fred Taylor and Jimmy Smith are injury prone. Those are two key guys on that offense. And speaking of the O, it's no secret that it's not that good.
      How many RB's can you name who have started 35 straight games in the past three seasons? Jimmy Injury prone? People are bringing in too many preconcieved notions regarding the Jags. Boy the Broncos offense must really suck, I mean the Jags held them to just 6 points right. Imagine how aweful the Broncos offense would look if they faced the same calliber defense all three weeks. Maybe now your getting the picture, maybe not. Bottomline Jags offense came through when they had too against some excellent opponents.

They may not appear to be a good offense, but when we face the rest of our schedule before the bye peopleareound the league will come to grips with the fact that the jags are legit contenders to go all the way this year. So until we get our hands on the calliber defenses you all have gotten your wins from, people will think it's a fluke.

Luck is for losers. Know and understand that our success is the result true grit and percerverance, not luck. As far as I am concerned the Jags are litmus test proving who has a clue and who doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsbch
        How many RB's can you name who have started 35 straight games in the past three seasons? Jimmy Injury prone? People are bringing in too many preconcieved notions regarding the Jags. Boy the Broncos offense must really suck, I mean the Jags held them to just 6 points right. Imagine how aweful the Broncos offense would look if they faced the same calliber defense all three weeks. Maybe now your getting the picture, maybe not. Bottomline Jags offense came through when they had too against some excellent opponents.

They may not appear to be a good offense, but when we face the rest of our schedule before the bye peopleareound the league will come to grips with the fact that the jags are legit contenders to go all the way this year. So until we get our hands on the calliber defenses you all have gotten your wins from, people will think it's a fluke.

Luck is for losers. Know and understand that our success is the result true grit and percerverance, not luck. As far as I am concerned the Jags are litmus test proving who has a clue and who doesn't.
        I'm saying those guys have been injury prone at some point in there carreer. No doubt your D is great but your O still hasn't proven much.

Comment

Oh and another thing. The Seahawks are better then the Jags for whoever brought it up.

Seattle is one of the best in the NFC. You can't deny that.

Comment

Oh I like the Hawks, with a little bit of BBQ sauce. Ya they beat 2 0-3 teams they are very impressive

Besides the Eagles, Jags have had a tougher schedule than any of the undefeated teams.

1. Eagles beat NYG 2-1 and MINN 2-1 Detroit 2-1
            2. Jags Buf 0-2, Titans 1-2, Den 2-1
            3. Jets SD 1-2, Cin 1-2
            4. Patriots Arz 0-3 Indy 2-1
            5. Seahawks beat NO 2-1, Buc's 0-3, SF 0-3
            6. Atlanta beat SF 0-3 Rams 1-2 SF 0-3
            Last edited by Jagsbch; 09-26-2004, 10:50 PM.

Comment

jags are good defenisivley .........i do think that between colts seattle and the ravens are the hottest teams
              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
              While he sits by his hearth at home.
              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
              That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Jacksonville doesnt get enough respect.

Comment

hey man whos not giving respect? i dont think they are better then the broncos not by a long shot

Comment

I dont think they are either.

Comment

Its just some people are making all these excuses or saying its just luck. They went out and played 60 minutes of football and outplayed them. Give them credit.

Comment

excuses excuses ...the broncos got out played in one game that does NOT mean they are better then the bronocs
                        for one play they were

Comment

Did i say they were better than the Broncos?

Comment

Originally posted by Jagsbch
                            I guess the main reason people refer to the Jags as flukes is because we have yet to utilize our full potential on offense, thanks to all the bad ass defenses we faced. Right now the Jags are winning on two cylinders when we get the third firing on offense more consistently like ST and Defense are, then the sky will be the limit for this team.

We are seeing flashes of greatness from our offense. The tools are there, and now that we got the three best defenses out of the way the rest of the way into the bye, the naysayers will see that the Jags are by no means a fluke.

Jags just took down 3 pretty good teams, when you do it three times in a row it's not luck. Whats wrong with people, an offense wins a game it's legit, defense does it and it's a fluke? The nerve. Look the win's were not against KC or San Diego, or Arizona, they were against much better opponents. No way you get lucky three times in a row against top tier teams in this league.

Jags went out there and played physical, Titan bodies were all over the field. Jags defense kicked the Titans ass and the offense pulled out the victory with another 4th quarter rally by the come back KID Byron Leftwich. Elway does it and it's destiny, Byron does it and it's a fluke, ya what ever.

@ 5-11 Jags lost the close games last year, no one said we had bad luck then, we were just a bad team, and now that we are winning the close games, not too many are saying that we are a good team, even though last year the sayng was good teams find a way to win. Jags take out two good teams and one very good defense in the Bill's and it is supposed to be a fluke? LMAO, as if wins over good teams are easy in the NFL.

Jags earned every inch they gained this season with blood sweat and tears. Anyone that want's to take away from their 3-0 accomplishments by saying it was a fluke, does not have any IDEA what the hell they are talking about. Jags just beat the Titans a divisional opponent at home, Jags are 2-0 on the road. You don't get from point A 5-11 to point B 3-0 by a fluke.
                            yeah you do... look at the cheifs fluke season last year and now reality has kicked in. same for your jags as soon as reality hits other teams will stop making bonehead plays and giving up games to you guys. 3 bills defenders couldnt break up a floater in the end zone to one guy, griffin fumbles the game away to you, and today a garbage pass interfence call gives you the game, dont worry my friend, justice will be served, reality is gonna kick in real soon. just ask the chiefs...

Comment

Jags are last years Chiefs . I like how we can have bogus calls against us and yet people love to just go out of their way to find one play and say thats why we one. A game is not won or lost by one play, it's done by 60 minutes of play.

Comment

Man some people are soooo one eyed, give them some respect, they are 3-0, so what if its a fluke, luck or whatever, the point is they are undefeated and who cares how or why?
                                kiwi Bronco fan

Comment

Working...
                                X