If you could change one thing about the Pro Bowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could change one thing about the Pro Bowl

After watching the pro bowl today (I had to record it and watch it cause i was at work) I noticed how lame it has kind of gotten, I know a lot of people aren't fans to begin with and that was discussed in the "Are you going to watch the Pro Bowl" topic, but if you could change one or two things to make it better what would that be?

-Me personally? I'd make it so the players that are voted have to play, now barring injuries or a child birth or something i think you should have to, following your team and seeing them show up on that stage should be an honor and having "elite" superstars back out for no real reason is kind of a slap in the face to fans. I would make it to where you have to show up and represent your team if you are fully able to

-Second thing is, I would change these sissy la-la rules, no blitzing, no man coverage, etc etc.....C'man man! Revis looked like a 4th string CB in the game, the lineman on both sides kinda just entertained one another and caught up on person life stuff during plays, I mean, let these guys do what they do, I am not for anyone getting hurt in a game ala Rod SMith 2005 Pro Bowl concussion, but the game is nothing more than a fancy practice in cool jerseys and unique helmets lol, the NBA and NHL All Star games are years more exciting than this and I remember back in the 90's when those used to be some of the best games to see. I just want them to make it worth the hoop-la every year and bring some intensity back to this game. The last 4 games of the Browns looked better than parts of this pro bowl.

Okay sorry for the rant, /rantoff, thoughts? :paper:

*Bark

I would leave it alone. If you want to see many of the NFL's stars you can watch it for some mild football entertainment. I you don't like it; you don't watch it. But to create risk for the sake of trying to legitimize an exhibition game of no consequence would be foolish.

I do kind of like the game in the Super Bowl city during the weekend between Championship games and the Super Bowl like this year. It provides some football to watch with some Super Bowl analysis and talk mixed in.

Comment

Oh wait...I thought of something they could do.

Bring in the hottest cheerleaders from around the league and get them on camera for most of the three hours.

Comment

Imo the Pro Bowl should just become like any all-star/all-decade team list. A list of names selected or voted into a line-up that never actually exists. And yes, I am insinuating that the Pro Bowl game itself is kinda pointless... it's the getting nominated that matters. I don't see any way you can make the game itself more interesting since there's nothing on the line, there's no real motivation for either team outside of a slightly bigger payday (and to most of these guys I'm sure it's negligible), and it's not even played like a real football game.
        sigpic
        - ★ -
        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Make it pre-season, and do it in the style that the MLB have going, the winner's division has homefield in the superbowl. Simple, everyone would try, because its pre-season also its fair to say everyone has a chance, base it on last years performances too.

It would be important and relevant to every player.

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
            Make it pre-season, and do it in the style that the MLB have going, the winner's division has homefield in the superbowl. Simple, everyone would try, because its pre-season also its fair to say everyone has a chance, base it on last years performances too.

It would be important and relevant to every player.
            I kinda agree, I feel like they should do SOMETHING to make the game worth it aside from a difference in pay for the guys. And the whole cheerleader thing is a superb idea lol, I'm feeling that. I thought they did that in the years it was in Hawaii though...

Comment

My only problem with the Pro Bowl is that if the player voted in doesn't go, an alternate gets his spot and gets to put it on his resume and officially be a pro bowl player. They should let the players that got voted in get credit and the alternates don't even if they play in the game as a substitute.
              2 of the top 3 NFL QBs of all time have been Broncos

Comment

Get rid of it

Comment

Originally posted by licence_to_kill View Post
                  Get rid of it
                  I'll second that notion.

The Probowl is a piece of garbage game if there ever was one.
                  Brock you like a hurricane!
                  sigpic
                  Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

I'd like to see them do some crazy position changes.

Put Champ at receiver, make Clady play DE, put Dawk as a TE, make Doom a runningback, just do fun things like that. I don't think the game needs to be made competitive because the risk for injuries is way too high.

Comment

Entertainment value of the Pro Bowl would admittedly go up if they got the fattest guy on the team, told him to line up as an eligible receiver, and go deep. But I'm not sure it's practical. Would make the whole thing worth watching though!
                      sigpic
                      - ★ -
                      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Make it a normal football game. Hit the crap out of each other, press, etc.

Did I mention hit the guy yet?
                        sigpic

Comment

one thing i would do is move the game around internationally and use it to gain international support.

outside of that.... flag football? make them play soccer/basketball instead? the possibilities are endless.
                          disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsSB#3 View Post
                            My only problem with the Pro Bowl is that if the player voted in doesn't go, an alternate gets his spot and gets to put it on his resume and officially be a pro bowl player. They should let the players that got voted in get credit and the alternates don't even if they play in the game as a substitute.
                            Yeah me too, cause now guys like David Garrard are "PRo Bowl" talent which is not the case sadly, they should be considered pro bowl subs or something but that would get annoying, but half the guys this year, like Jeremiah Bell or whatever from Miami.....pro bowl talent........child please

Comment

I would like to see contests as part of the week leading up to the Pro Bowl. Something similar to the Combine but having guys right next to each other, competing. Who wouldn't love to see who the fastest guy is to make it to the Pro Bowl, or the strongest guy, or who could throw the farthest, etc. It's just like how MLB has the home run derby and the NBA has the dunk contest.

I read this somewhere else recently...really liked the idea!
                              My other love...
                              sigpic
                              305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X