Did Deuce get a ring with the Saints?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Deuce get a ring with the Saints?

I know they "signed" him in some unofficial role but will he get a ring cause of this? if so I think it is awesome, Deuce was the face of that city when they were bad (Along with Joe Horn) and it'd be cool if he got one. I saw him on the sidelines of every game, anyone know anything else?

I dont know. I remember reading an article right before the NFC championship, likening him to Moses. Leading his people to the promised land, but not being allowed to enter. Hopefully he got one, he did a lot for that franchise for his career.
    sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

He'll get one. The team can make as many as they want after their allotment. I remember Elway's dad had his own SB 32 ring.

Comment

He probably win as an honorary type of thing, same as Edgerrin James received one from the Colts.

On a side note, AJ Smith and Marty Schottenheimer will also receive them as a thanks from Drew Brees.
        Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
          He probably win as an honorary type of thing, same as Edgerrin James received one from the Colts.

On a side note, AJ Smith and Marty Schottenheimer will also receive them as a thanks from Drew Brees.
          Haha, thats funny about the AJ/marty thing.

But they did OFFICIALLY sign Deuce so I assumed he would get one, didn't know if u had to play or anything for ring eligibility.

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
            Haha, thats funny about the AJ/marty thing.

But they did OFFICIALLY sign Deuce so I assumed he would get one, didn't know if u had to play or anything for ring eligibility.
            I heard he was physically unable to play so they put him on IR, but he is still technically on the team so he will get one.
            Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Deuce will almost definitely get a ring. He was there on the same float that carried the other RBs in the "Lombardi Gras" parade on Tuesday. Would not be at all surprised to find him somewhere in the Saints organization next year.

I'm pleased to say that the Saints have a good history of continuing a working relationship with former players. Aging kicker John Carney was let go as a player but kept on as a coach and at least three other guys I can think of have some place in the organization (only one that springs to mind is Fred Mcafee as director of player programs, but I know there are more).

(By the way, that parade was incredible!)

Comment

Working...
              X