Chargers fans: hypothetical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers fans: hypothetical question

If the Chargers did for some reason move to LA, would you still be a fan, or no? Would you be angry? Of course hypothetically speaking.

I didn't put this in smack because I don't mean it as a diss or anything negative like that. I'm just curious.

If my team moved, I wouldn't be happy about it.

Originally posted by 13roncotime View Post
    If the Chargers did for some reason move to LA, would you still be a fan, or no? Would you be angry? Of course hypothetically speaking.

I didn't put this in smack because I don't mean it as a diss or anything negative like that. I'm just curious.

If my team moved, I wouldn't be happy about it.
    I don't think it would be that big of a deal for them honestly. It would kinda be like the Broncos moving to Colorado Springs. I bet a lot of Charger fans are from or live in LA anyway.

Comment

It's a fact that about 30% of Chargers ticket sales are from outside San Diego and those sales are almost all from the Los Angeles and Orange Counties. The Chargers do have fans all over Southern California so it wouldn't hurt that much, but there would certainly be those upset by the move, who can't get to games as easily as before (LA Traffic is the worst in America). Some people would also feel abandoned in a way... but the team would probably last... if any team can survive in LA it would be the Chargers because it's not a far move from their current location and fan base.
      Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

If the moved to LA....would I still root for them yeah I would.

If they changed the name, look, colors all that etc. To hell with them.
        I wouldn't switch to any NFL team either. If their not the Chargers, then I'm not rooting for them.

Comment

I seriously have no idea why anyone in their right mind moves to LA? don't get me wrong, it's not a diss to the city, the culture, etc, but I never hear ANY good stories from the highways and traffic there.

As hard as it is for me to say, one of the top 3 cities I wanna relocate too is San Diego, but I don't know how long I'd survive with being a die hard Bronco fan in Sandy Eggo hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
            I seriously have no idea why anyone in their right mind moves to LA? don't get me wrong, it's not a diss to the city, the culture, etc, but I never hear ANY good stories from the highways and traffic there.

As hard as it is for me to say, one of the top 3 cities I wanna relocate too is San Diego, but I don't know how long I'd survive with being a die hard Bronco fan in Sandy Eggo hehehehehe
            I agree with you about LA. Hypothetically, (Being that there probably wouldn't be a new NFL team in SD) I can't say I'd be happy about the move, but I'd put up with it and support them. . I don't get LA, they had the Chargers, Rams, Raiders and it didn't work out.

I thought I recently read somewhere that the Chargers were trying to work something out downtown, I think near Petco Park. I got to find that article but I think the only negative is that it would take away a lot of space for tailgating,but downtown isn't bad you got all the bars and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Letsgobolts View Post
              I agree with you about LA. Hypothetically, (Being that there probably wouldn't be a new NFL team in SD) I can't say I'd be happy about the move, but I'd put up with it and support them. . I don't get LA, they had the Chargers, Rams, Raiders and it didn't work out.

I thought I recently read somewhere that the Chargers were trying to work something out downtown, I think near Petco Park. I got to find that article but I think the only negative is that it would take away a lot of space for tailgating,but downtown isn't bad you got all the bars and everything.
              I originally wrote a long response, but if you do some research you will find out some of it just had to do with the area and timing of the situations. I don't like going to USC games because of the area around the Coliseum.

I have driven by the new stadium site, but its already stated by the Governor that its for teams outside the state. There is a good chance until a team from outside comes in (Jacksonville most likely ewww), that they are not going to up open that stadium to other teams.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X