Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Spagnuolo available again ???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steve Spagnuolo available again ???

    Rams’ Spagnuolo has opt-out clause if team is sold Posted: February 13th, 2010 | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Chip Rosenbloom, Lucia Rodriguez, Shahid Khan, St. Louis Rams, Steve Spagnuolo

    The pending sale of the Rams to Illinois businessman Shahid Khan could include a potential wrinkle for the immediate future regarding the team’s head coach, Steve Spagnuolo.

    Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Saturday that Spagnuolo has an opt-out clause included in the contract that he signed with the Rams, giving him the option to walk away if the team is sold.

    Spagnuolo was signed to a four-year, $11.5 million contract last January.

    Rams owners Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez signed the agreement for sale of the team Friday, and the league issued a statement that it is proceeding with the evaluation of the sale, which can take several months
    http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/02/13/rams...-team-is-sold/

    ***EDIT**** Not saying I want him....Just saying...lol

  • #2
    ... what exactly are you saying then?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

    Comment


    • #3
      I wonder if any team will want him as a HC after this or if he'll have to settle for DC if he opts out of his contract.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
        I wonder if any team will want him as a HC after this or if he'll have to settle for DC if he opts out of his contract.
        He'll get opportunities, but the team he chose to work with just isn't that good. He is a very good coach. Look at the Giants now, their D has shattered since his departure.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Letsgobolts View Post
          He'll get opportunities, but the team he chose to work with just isn't that good. He is a very good coach. Look at the Giants now, their D has shattered since his departure.
          That doesn't mean he's a good head coach, just a good DC.

          Comment


          • #6
            If I was him I'd opt out, go to a team with at least a capable defense, dominate again as a DC, then actually go to a team that has a chance to compete in the next 5 years..

            Comment


            • #7
              The ownership might change but his team will still be there, his players will still be there counting on him. It would be wrong to jump ship. By the way, it was reported that Marc Bulger cleaned his locker. More fuel to the rumors of the Rams taking Bradford or Clausen 1st overall.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by iowabronco24 View Post
                If I was him I'd opt out, go to a team with at least a capable defense, dominate again as a DC, then actually go to a team that has a chance to compete in the next 5 years..
                He has a ton of money coming to him guaranteed. He is not going to opt out. He would not get another HC job- especially not this late.

                He may get fired on his own accord and then they'll have to pay him. He's not going to opt out.

                Comment

                Working...
                X