Best NFL Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best NFL Player?

First off, I didn't want to attach a poll here because this is based on random opinion and I don't speak for everyone.

So, I was wondering who everyone thinks is the top player in the entire National Football League today based on the 2009-2010 year?

I would have to say, without a doubt, Drew Brees.

With 4,388 Passing Yards, an NFL record 70.6% Completion Percentage, a league leading 34 Passing Touchdowns, an 8.5 Passing Yards Per Attempt that's 3rd only to Ben Roethlisburger and Philip Rivers and to top it off, a league high 109.6 Quarterback rating. Drew Brees was the single greatest reason the Saints are are Super Bowl Champions and the only reason they have had any relevance since his arrival in 2006.

Honerable mentions:

- Chris Johnson (A 2,000 Yard season is not a fluke, this kid will be around for years to come)
    - Darelle Revis (Shutting down every elite receiver you faced is quiete a feet, especially when that list has names on it like Moss on it twice)

So, who do you think is the best player in the NFL today?
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Although I don't know WHY I'm going to post my answer with this specific player... I feel like Aaron Rodgers had an absolute BEAST of a year.

Sacked 50...50 times, and still put up 44000+ yards, 30 TDs and only 7 INT's???

Wow...

Is he the BEST in the NFL? Nah... But he sure is one of the greats in the league that deserves some major props.

Comment

CJ2K I think was the best this year.

Comment

This past year I am going to go with Drew Brees or possibly CJ, its hard cause u would prefer to break this down by position, it's hard to make a case like Ryan Clady vs. Ryan Longwell ya know

Comment

Have to go with CJ2K he is the greatest show on earth when hes out there on the field.
          sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

I'm gonna have to go with Brees.

Comment

Peyton Manning is the best player in the NFL... He's another coach on the field. He is so football smart its ridiculous.
              sigpic

Comment

Well the best player in the league would have to be someone who can flat out change the game in a moments notice. If you talking about a player like that it would have to be Brees. If it weren't for him the Saints would be an average team.

Can't complain about the production Brees gave his team this year. He was accurate made good decisions and rarely turned the ball over. He could make almost any throw. He'd have the be the best player in the league right now.

That being said I hope Madden doesn't jinx the guy and put him on the cover of their video game lol...it would be a shame to see him get hurt or have an off year defending his title.
                :go:

Comment

Colts led the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks this year. Why? Peyton Manning. There's a reason he won MVP over Brees. Johnson is great, but he can be stopped. During the Titans 0-6 start Johnson had two good games, and a couple bad. He didn't catch fire till they hit the soft spot of their schedule.

Comment

The way you of have it worded is best player in the NFL ...

That has to be Peyton Manning..I think he takes any team in the NFL and instantly makes them a playoff contender..

I think only a few QBs even the greatest QB's of all time would be able to do that in similar fashion..He still has a few years left in him before I think he passes on the mantle of best player in the NFL..If not for getting fired he would have made Jim Mora look like a HOF coach and he took a rookie head coach to the SB..

It don't matter who his head coach is that team is winning some games with him as the QB....

Best player of the year .. I think belongs to Drew Brees,Manning followed very closely behind Chris Johnson ..The season comes in 2 forms and wo a postseason I cant take that away from Brees ...Peyton did win NFL MVP and Jim Caldwell is not Sean Payton ...

What was amazing about CJ2k 2000 yard season that puts him in a very exclusive club.Teams had him and only him to plan for and stop each week and they still couldn't...The focal point of the Titans offense was the running game ... If he played for either the Colts or Saints the focal point would still be the passing game...
                    Last edited by LarryDean; 03-02-2010, 01:11 PM.
                    :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Without a doubt, I would have to say it is Mr. Steven Jackson, he has been picking the Ram's Slack his whole career, and he doesn't have pass support, so that makes it more impressive. P.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                        Although I don't know WHY I'm going to post my answer with this specific player... I feel like Aaron Rodgers had an absolute BEAST of a year.

Sacked 50...50 times, and still put up 44000+ yards, 30 TDs and only 7 INT's???

Wow...

Is he the BEST in the NFL? Nah... But he sure is one of the greats in the league that deserves some major props.
                        44000+ yards in one season would be quite a feat

But seriously, I'm not so sure that Rodgers' tendancy to hold onto the ball too long is something to brag about. He had a great season, but a lot of those sacks (and fumbles) were on him. You could give Peyton that line, and he would've taken less than 25 sacks.

Comment

I'm so behind, Idk that CJ passed 2000 yards!

Best NFL player, I'd say Manning or Brees.

Comment

Originally posted by Senses Fail View Post
                            I'm so behind, Idk that CJ passed 2000 yards!

Best NFL player, I'd say Manning or Brees.
                            lol who'd you think the guy plastered for "2000" yards across every sports website was, selvin young?
                            disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Comment

I'll say Chris Johnson, but his 2,000 yards season was overshadowed by Brees and Manning's performances.

Honorable mentions:
                              - Brandon Marshall , for the 21 catches in a single game ( new NFL record ) with the kind of QB that we have... over 1,000 yards, with the kind of QB that we have...
                              - Elvis Dumervil , coming from one of the worst defenses to rise at this level, leading the league in sacks...
                              - Steven Jackson ( Rams ) , the guy is a beast and the only Ram worth to mention.
                              - Jon Beason ( Panthers ) , the best LB that the NFL has today! In my humble opinion!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X