Originally posted by CHRONIC2oo3
    Uh, yo momma!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!
    Yeeeeaaaah. You make alot of sense.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volssuck07
      Oh he can, he just has to cheat on his drug tests like everybody else
      No kiddin. You'd think dude woulda heard of the carbo cleanse shake.

I'm sure that the tests they use in the NFL are fairly exstensive, though.
      Originally posted by boltzpride619
      What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
      True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Re: Top 5 'Quiters' in the NFL.

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
        5. Barry Sanders- They say his coach misunderstood what he was saying, but if he really wanted to play that bad he would of straitend it up.

4. Ed McCaffry- Bash me for saying this but I think he could of played another year. Either way, he did a great job with his career.

3. Michael Irvin- The guy played what 10 years in the NFL? He is a true quitter

2. Bruce Smith- Yes, he holds the all-time sack record and he is a tremendous player. But he played 13 years I believe in the NFL, he could of held it out till about 16 years, IMO.

1. Ricky Williams- Do I need to explain? He has no love for the game, period.

HHmmm, i dont remember seeing ed mac quit on that pass he caught while his leg was broke in mid air and a bone was sticking outta his leg in that monday night game against the giants sept 10 2001, he held onto the ball, got the first down and got his leg broke in two. if he was a quitter he would have dropped that ball from the onslaught of pain, and if he was a quitter he wouldnt have rehabed and healed and trained to come back the next year to try and help the team again. Ed Mac just knew it was time to step down, it took alot more guts for a man like Ed Mac that loved football so much to walk away then it took for a turd like ricky williams to walk away to go smoke weed. The two shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentance.

Now it's your turn!
        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lynch Bailey247
          christopher reeves

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDownCB24
            this is my list for all sports

#5 - Ali quitted on his country
            #4 - Sanders
            #3 - Ryan Leaf what 4 years and hes out?
            #2 - Jim Brown
            #1 - Sticky
            Ryan Leaf didn't quit, no one wanted him cause he sucked.

Jim Brown felt that there were more important things that football, and at the time, he held the rushing record, had a championship, was still young and healthy...I would have gotten out too. This game can leave guys limping for life.

Muhammed Ali changed his name and religion years before his concientious objection petition. He didn't run to Canada, he didn't get arrested at a sit in. And quite frankly, a court of law supported his right to get those belts back, because the boxing federations broke ther own rules when they stripped him.

I don't know everything in the Koran, but our military does allow people to apply for concientious objector status based on religion. So, even though I wasn't born, I don't see why some people hate him when there were thousands of kids who were cowards and fled to other countries.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1
              What about Charlie Ward. He quit before he even played. So that he could persue an average career in b ball. Course he was kinda short.
              I don't think I would call him a quitter, but that's just me. He was not drafted in the NFL so he went to the NBA, where he was drafted and could actually play. So what you are saying is that he would be a quitter no matter what sport he decided to go for? If he played football he would have been an NBA quitter? Sorry, but I gotsta stick up for my FSU boys.

Comment

This might be the most idiotic thread I have ever seen here. No wonder this is the place so many teenagers hang out at. Everyone has the right to make a change in their life, and if that doesn't include football then so be it.

If you used the criteria that is used in this thread I guess Shannon Sharpe, Sterling Sharpe, Troy Aikman, and even John Elway are all quitters. Shannon and John both could have played another year or two and Sterling only had a possibly life threatening condition that could have killed him if he continued playing, just like Michael Irvin.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1
                  What about Charlie Ward. He quit before he even played. So that he could persue an average career in b ball. Course he was kinda short.
                  Nobody drafted Charlie Ward.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

I think this is one of the worst threads ever.

You just named off some good players and you're calling them quitters?!?!?

I think you're loco!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                    2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Re: Top 5 'Quiters' in the NFL.

Originally posted by DBfan4lyfe
                      5. Barry Sanders- They say his coach misunderstood what he was saying, but if he really wanted to play that bad he would of straitend it up.

4. Ed McCaffry- Bash me for saying this but I think he could of played another year. Either way, he did a great job with his career.

3. Michael Irvin- The guy played what 10 years in the NFL? He is a true quitter

2. Bruce Smith- Yes, he holds the all-time sack record and he is a tremendous player. But he played 13 years I believe in the NFL, he could of held it out till about 16 years, IMO.

1. Ricky Williams- Do I need to explain? He has no love for the game, period.

Now it's your turn!

Injuries and age affected 2-4 and at the time barry was the 2nd leading rushing in the history of the nfl. so he felt he did enough.
                      rickey williams left because of weed and his need for it. he quit.

neck and head injuries usually lead to early retirements and so does age that's not quitting.

leaving the game just because you don't want to get hassle smoking your skunk is quitting and the epitomy of selfishness.
                      Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Comment

Re: Re: Top 5 'Quiters' in the NFL.

Originally posted by bklynbronco
                        leaving the game just because you don't want to get hassle smoking your skunk is quitting and the epitomy of selfishness.
                        No, the epitomy of selfishness is wanting someone to do something that they don't want to do anymore just for your enjoyment...

Ricky made his choice, bad timing, but it's his choice! Barry didn't want to waste away in the wasteland that was Detroit, again, his choice! Ali is a man, not a quitter! if you want to talk about getting out of the draft to save your own ass, you might want to take a look at our President as well as the rest of his administration! Injuries end careers, it's all part of the game, it doesn't make you a quitter to put the quality of the rest of your life above a sport...
                        Last edited by hendrixisgod; 09-29-2004, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Please, No one post beyond this line as to keep other bronco fans from reading this junk....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Beneath the shadow of the NFL's greatest player, AL Wilson shall cement his legacy in Denver - leading the new Orange crush to a third superbowl.

Comment

this has GOT to be the WORST list I have ever read any ANY opinion poll EVER! Damnit... I broke the line rule

Comment

DBFan4Lyfe has just proved again that number of posts has nothing to do with football intelligence. This kind of crap should be remembered when we read the rest of his stuff.

To me the biggest quitters are the guys that throw their careers away because of drugs. They technically get suspended but in my book they quit on their team and on the league. And they may even still be around but they definately tanked their career and their talent.

My list of wasted quitters includes

1- Dale Carter (a-hole screwed our cap situation for years and files bankruptcy)
                              2- Ricky Williams (show me the weed)
                              3- Daryl (let me video tape myself raping your daughter) Russell

And leave Barry alone, man. He may have left before I wanted him to, but he was the best back I have seen. And some of my best memories of football are that guy handing defenses jocks to themselves. appreciate what he gave us. His greatness should also be valued by the fact that he took the Lions to the playoffs several times and look where they went when he left. Look at what they put on the field with him. The guy was fed up with the org and tired of carrying them. He was one of the great ones.

Comment

He was one of the great ones, Myoung, but the way he quit his football team is unforgiveable.. IMO. He let the team believe he was coming back the ENTIRE offseason and training camps. He never came to the offseason workouts, so nothing was unusual. The team could have looked to sign or draft another running back, but the way HE quit on them was a HUGE blackmark on his character.

He was great to watch on the field...but that doesn't give him a free pass for quitting on his team like he did. No way. (he only went to the playoffs once). I don't care how much a team is LEANING on you. Did John Elway quit when the team was leaning on him for years? DId Dan Marion quit when he didn't have a running game forever? Did Fran Tarkenton quit? I don't care if you play for the Lions or for the Broncos. If your team is RELYING on you, you can not just QUIT on them without giving them the proper respect to accomodate for that. Barry didn't. Williams didn't. There have been a lot of great players stuck on teams that didn't have a lot of support for them. There have been great WRs that didn't have good QBs. There have been great RBs that didn't have offensive lines. Doesn't make Barry exempt because he played in Detroit. No way, no how.

How about the Heisman trophy winner from a couple years back..the QB from Nebraska... whats his face? He quit because they woudln't let him be a QB in the pros...twice.

I think players like Eddie Kennison lead My list. This guy had the chance to be the #1 WR on a team (his 5th team) because of injuries.. a chance to stand up and be THE man to help.. and he QUITS the night before the game!! Thats the ULTIMATE in quitter!!

Williams is obviously at the top of the list along with Sanders.

How about the Baltimore Colts...quitting on their fans and just packing up and MOVING away in the middle of the night without even telling anyone they were going?

Comment

Working...
                                X