• Show
Clear All
  • Den615
    Playmaker
    • Jul 2008

Cromarti Traded to Jets

For a 3rd round pick

From Adam Shefter
    Filed to ESPN: Chargers traded cornerback Antonio Cromartie to Jets for a 2011 third-round pick that could turn to a second.
    oops, spelled his last name wrong

What do the Charger fans think of this?
  • CHARGER$
    Beast Mode: OFF [ON]
    • Jun 2009

yeah i read this a few minutes ago that it was either a 2nd or 3rd round pick, oh-well glad hes gone. Now i think with defensive scheme they have in NY that he might do very well and this trade will look bad. The guy is a cancer though so getting a 3rd im happy, if it turns out to be a 2nd ill be ecstatic.
    Last edited by CHARGER$; 03-04-2010, 07:44 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
      Football Immortal
      • May 2004

Steal for SD.

Comment

• Den615
        Playmaker
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
        yeah i read this a few minutes ago that it was either a 2nd or 3rd round pick, oh-well glad hes gone. Now i think with defensive scheme they have in NY that he might do very well and this trade will look bad. The guy is a cancer though so getting a 3rd im happy.
        Its a 2011 3rd that could turn into a 2nd based on playing time, wins, etc... Not a bad move, but who would have thought this would happen 2 years ago?

Comment

• Hoserman117
          Pwnin' Nubz
          • Dec 2006

Definitely a steal for the Chargers. Cromartie will look good in New York, but he wasn't doing anything for SD.

Comment

• Project KSL
            Banned User
            • Sep 2009

I feel like this is a really stupid move for the Jets. Cromartie could be a good fit on a team without a REALLY good CB. But on a team like New York, a lot of balls are gonna be thrown his way, and I highly doubt he'll have success playing across from Revis. Really dumb move by the Jets.

Comment

• Bernie24
              Playmaker
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Project KSL View Post
              I feel like this is a really stupid move for the Jets. Cromartie could be a good fit on a team without a REALLY good CB. But on a team like New York, a lot of balls are gonna be thrown his way, and I highly doubt he'll have success playing across from Revis. Really dumb move by the Jets.
              Jets play a lot of Man coverage though which is Cromartie's forte.

The Jets are gonna be scary good at pass defense next year.

Comment

• PhillyBronco24
                Bench Warmer
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post

If they would have kept Lito they would have the nastiest cb depth hands down.
                sigpic

Team Tebow #267

Comment

• getlynched47
                  gEt WrEcKeD!!!
                  • Mar 2008

I hated his ass.

Good riddance.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

• RaiderFanSD
                    Starter
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post

Exactly.

IMO it was a steal for the Jets, it's not even a 3rd for this years draft. Cromartie can cover pretty well, just doesn't want to tackle.. Rex might get to him though.

Comment

• LSIGRAD09
                      GO BRONCOS!!!
                      • Sep 2009

We still have to play him next year, I believe he is a threat, if not him the Jets D is formidable, unless we can get our act together.
                      sigpic

Comment

• getlynched47
                        gEt WrEcKeD!!!
                        • Mar 2008

I like how Rex Ryan understands that you need talent on a team, and is willing to trade/pay big contracts to get the players needed. He's made some pretty big trades (Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, trade up to get Sanchez) and acquired good talent from free agency (Bart Scott).

I kind of wish that was Josh McDaniels' approach.

sigpic

Comment

• VenomousDB
                          All-Pro
                          • Apr 2008

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
                          I like how Rex Ryan understands that you need talent on a team, and is willing to trade/pay big contracts to get the players needed. He's made some pretty big trades (Cromartie, Braylon Edwards, trade up to get Sanchez) and acquired good talent from free agency (Bart Scott).

Not gonna do it with his "just do your job" attitude. Im not saying its a bad thing, but you still need stars to make it work.
                          sigpic

Comment

• SBboundBRONCOS
                            some fans are just dumb
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post

except the jets had a real solid team before rex got there i can def not say the same about the broncos
                            sigpic
                            -------

Comment

• getlynched47
                              gEt WrEcKeD!!!
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                              except the jets had a real solid team before rex got there i can def not say the same about the broncos
                              True.

But I don't see how that really changes my point. They needed a wide receiver, they went and traded for Braylon Edwards. They needed a QB, they went and traded up for the "Sanchise". They needed help at Right CB, they went out and traded for Antonio Cromartie, who excels in press coverage. They're aggressive when addressing needs, the Broncos look for more value players as opposed to talented players.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X