Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JaMarcus Russel Still Pounding The Cheeseburgers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JaMarcus Russel Still Pounding The Cheeseburgers!

JaMarcus Russell 10 pounds overweight Despite reports that he was in excellent shape, Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell showed up to offseason workouts 10 pounds over his playing weight. It once again raises questions about his commitment and ability to lead his team. Russell will need to win the starting job from QB Bruce Gradkowski this summer. Neither guy will be on the fantasy radar.
    sigpic

Originally posted by wishb0n3 View Post
    JaMarcus Russell 10 pounds overweight Despite reports that he was in excellent shape, Raiders QB JaMarcus Russell showed up to offseason workouts 10 pounds over his playing weight. It once again raises questions about his commitment and ability to lead his team. Russell will need to win the starting job from QB Bruce Gradkowski this summer. Neither guy will be on the fantasy radar.
    Our local paper had a big article on him stating how noticeable his weight loss was. He might be 10 pounds over, but compared to where he was before it is a big difference. They say his teammates have been really commenting on how different he looks. This town is a big Raiders and 49er's town.

The Fresno, Clovis and Sanger areas have been a source of players and a head coach for the raiders. The area has a lot of football fans who travel not only for Fresno State football, but for NFL football as well.

Comment

He definitely lost weight, don't know how much though

Comment

i live a hour away from fresno in los banos. and i hate all these cali fans, they all just follow one another although i must admit they are loyal.:salute!: i think its more like brainwashing though

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
          He definitely lost weight, don't know how much though
          America is so focused on weight loss.

It is not about weight.

Muscle weighs more than fat , by volume.

A guy who works out hard can gain 20 lbs... then cut for a few weeks to lose the fat that goes along with bulking... and voila...

Dude has gained 10 lbs of muscle.

As you work out and lose fluffy fat, and gain compact muscle...
          you might not lose any weight.

Conversly.. a guy could lose a bunch of weight... but if it is muscle mass he lost instead of fat..
          he might be lighter but not stronger.

You gotta eat to lose fat. Being in starvation mode will cause the body to store fat and comsume muscle.

So... you do not know what kind of shape a guy is in simply by his weight.

You know by how the clothes fit, and strength. The scale lies... photos tell the truth.
          Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 03-19-2010, 01:10 AM.
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Absolutely right Dave. Good Stuff.

This photo was taken last night of JaMarcus getting a quick snack. He's definitely lost a good 20-30 lbs from last year.

Comment

HAHAHA MUG is on fire with the funny stuff tonight
              Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post

It is not about weight.

A guy who works out hard can gain 20 lbs... then cut for a few weeks to lose the fat that goes along with bulking... and voila...

Conversly.. a guy could lose a bunch of weight... but if it is muscle mass he lost instead of fat..

You gotta eat to lose fat. Being in starvation mode will cause the body to store fat and comsume muscle.

You know by how the clothes fit, and strength. The scale lies... photos tell the truth.
                .......all true, but JaBustus is still a lard butt :salute!:
                sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

IBTM
                  I really like Cheese.

Comment

It is not about weight.

Do you have ANY idea how long it would take to gain 20 pounds of lean muscle? Do not fool yourself, the OP said it best in his title.

Made by BroncoManiac53

Comment

Originally posted by wishb0n3 View Post
                      From PFT:

Report: JaMarcus weighs 271
                      Posted by Michael David Smith on March 18, 2010 4:19 PM ET
                      Oakland Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell is supposedly in much better shape than he was last season. But that doesn't mean he's slim.

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury-News reports that Russell weighed 271 pounds when he reported to the team's voluntary offseason workouts this week.

That's 11 pounds heavier than his listed weight of 260 pounds, and it's six pounds more than he weighed at the 2007 scouting combine, when he was a somewhat pudgy 265 pounds.

On the other hand, 271 pounds has to be considered progress considering that two years ago, Don Banks of SI.com wrote that there were rumors that Russell was weighing in at close to 300 pounds.

Hmmmmmm....
                      Never argue with an idiot...he'll only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Laugh...and the whole world laughs with you!
                      Laugh like a lunatic for no apparent reason...and they'll leave you alone!

"Why are you cutting?"
                      "Hey man. Why are you 300 pounds?"
                      Howard Griffith to Levon Kirkland - 1997 AFC Championship
                      sigpic

Comment

I don't care if the guy weighs 240 or 340, he can't hid the broadside of a barn! He's a Ryan Leaf size bust no matter what shape he's in!

Comment

if i was al davis, i wouldve cut russell by now. but al davis is my hero. he'll probably force tom cable to make russell the starter since davis thinks jamarcus is a good QB. thank god he's the raiders owner
                          sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                          Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by insomnia View Post
                            i live a hour away from fresno in los banos. and i hate all these cali fans, they all just follow one another although i must admit they are loyal.:salute!: i think its more like brainwashing though
                            you saying im not a fan? been a broncos fan all my life, since i was like 4 and im 24 now. Or you talking about the raiders fans? because thats all i got here in fresno.
                            sigpic

Comment

You gotta eat to lose fat. Being in starvation mode will cause the body to store fat and consume muscle.
                              your right on the fact that muscle weighs more than fat - but the body would consume the fat in starvation mode before muscle, the body doesn't use proteins for food until it complete runs out of fats and carbohydrates, and when it does thats why you see starving kids stomach swell because the body is eating its organs - back on topic as long as the raiders have Russell as their starting QB I know that the broncos will never go win less
                              Last edited by Dpaparelli; 03-19-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X