Dolphins owner asks NFL to move home game start times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins owner asks NFL to move home game start times

On ESPN's PTI today it was mentioned that the Miami Dolphins owner has asked the NFL to move the Dolphins home game start times from 1:00PM to 4:00PM. This is to supposedly lessen the effects of the south Florida heat and humidity on the fans. Now I'm not a meteorologist, but I lived in south Texas for many years and in September the heat and humidity was just as bad, if not worse, at 4:00PM as it was at 1:00PM. I agree with the ESPN anchor who doubts the NFL will honor the request.

This request will probably be denied before other teams can have a chance to complain as well.

Football is meant to be played in tough environments, unless life threatening, the weather shouldn't stop players getting paid millions of dollars and fans who paid good money to come see their favorite teams play.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Game start time changes

I agree, especially on the fan part. At least in Miami the fans can get to the games unless of a hurricane. In cold weather climates if a blizzard hits many fans can't navigate the streets. It's rare when that happens, but it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post
        This request will probably be denied before other teams can have a chance to complain as well.

Football is meant to be played in tough environments, unless life threatening, the weather shouldn't stop players getting paid millions of dollars and fans who paid good money to come see their favorite teams play.
        It's to help the fans endure through the game. Me and my dad went to the Buccaneers game a few years when we were in Florida and it was a 1pm start, and it was just too hot to be sitting in a seat right under the sun all day. I was ill the two following days with "Sun Poisoning" which was basically severe nausea caused by extended exposure to the sun.

Mind you, I'm just a pasty guy from Scotland, where in April, it is currently snowing. Superb.

Comment

As ESPN said, they play night games in December in Green Bay. The NFL does not care about the weather.

~~~
          On a sidenote I think all teams should be FORCED to wear their "Colored" Jersey's at home. I hate how Maimi and other team wear white at home. That would be like Denver not allowing oxygen to visting teams.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andyy_47 View Post
            It's to help the fans endure through the game. Me and my dad went to the Buccaneers game a few years when we were in Florida and it was a 1pm start, and it was just too hot to be sitting in a seat right under the sun all day. I was ill the two following days with "Sun Poisoning" which was basically severe nausea caused by extended exposure to the sun.

Mind you, I'm just a pasty guy from Scotland, where in April, it is currently snowing. Superb.
            Sun poisoning is just a sun-burn accompanied by dehydration and it's preventable by drinking lots of water. :salute!:

So next time, cut down on the beer, drink more water and leave the start time of the games where they are. :salute!:

As for the pasty skin, they make sun-block for that!
            Last edited by jetrazor74; 04-01-2010, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X