Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steelers Discussing Roethlisberger Trade!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steelers Discussing Roethlisberger Trade!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

WOW. Did not think they would go this far. Could they really get the first overall pick from St Louis in this trade? I hope oakland gives up their whole draft for him
    Dumervil's Biggest Fan

Holy crap. Lets hope the Raidas make the trade!

Comment

Raider by friday

Comment

Rams or Raiders.

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Per Rotoworld:
          The Raiders are unwilling to part with the No. 8 overall pick in a trade for Ben Roethlisberger, a team source tells the Oakland Tribune.
          Nor are the Steelers willing to toss in the No. 18 overall pick to sweeten the pot. The Oakland Trib confirms that the Raiders asked Pittsburgh about Big Ben's availability, but it appears the sides are too far apart when it comes to compensation for a deal to be finalized before Friday night's first round. Expect Oakland to stand pat, and Roethlisberger (most likely) to stay put.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
            Per Rotoworld:
            Damn It!

Al Davis is actually showing some smarts?

:doh:
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I thought the first round was tomarrow the 22nd? a thursday.

The Raiders are unwilling to part with the No. 8 overall pick in a trade for Ben Roethlisberger, a team source tells the Oakland Tribune.
              Nor are the Steelers willing to toss in the No. 18 overall pick to sweeten the pot. The Oakland Trib confirms that the Raiders asked Pittsburgh about Big Ben's availability, but it appears the sides are too far apart when it comes to compensation for a deal to be finalized before Friday night's first round. Expect Oakland to stand pat, and Roethlisberger (most likely) to stay put.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                Damn It!

Don't worry. He'll kill all those smarts tomorrow when he drafts Jacoby Ford

Comment

Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
                  I thought the first round was tomarrow the 22nd? a thursday.
                  I saw that mistake too

Comment

Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland Raiders a Done Deal?

According to “Kobe,” a former radio jockey in Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders have completed a deal, pending league approval, that would send suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha and a swap of first-round picks.

Reports early this week had pointed to the Steelers openly shopping Roethlisberger, and even going as far to call teams with top 10 picks in Thursday’s NFL draft to gauge interest.

More specifically, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, had hinted at trade talks heating up between the Steelers and Raiders, and they may have finally come to fruition.

After his most recent run-in with the law, Roethlisberger seemed to have fallen out of favor with not only the fans in Pittsburgh, but the almighty Rooney family which eats, sleeps, and breathes everything associated with Steeler football.

The deal, if true, would help both sides fill an immediate need, while allowing both to maintain a first-round pick to further help their team through the draft.

Oakland has been a team in shambles in recent years, and has been in search of a franchise quarterback since the departure of Rich Gannon. Roethlisberger fills that need, and allows Oakland to move on from the disaster that was Jamarcus Russell.

Meanwhile, the Steelers, who have had one of the less-than-stellar secondaries over the last few seasons, gain one of the best corners in the NFL (2nd best by my count) in Nnamdi Asomugha, while also ridding themselves of the dark cloud hovering over the franchise stemming from Roethlisberger’s recent behavior.

The move also allows them to move up ten slots, to the number eight pick, where they could get their hands on the next franchise quarterback in Jimmy Clausen.

It’s rare to trade a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback, but it’s even more rare to replace him immediately, and the Steelers have a chance to do that here. It is a must for the Steelers to move Roethlisberger this off-season, and this may be the best deal they get to do so.

It’s also rare that you can trade for a franchise quarterback. Well, at least before this season with Donovan McNabb going to Washington. You don’t get these opportunities everyday so, if the rumors are true, both teams must jump at this chance.

http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/22/be...s-a-done-deal/

Comment

I saw that mistake too
                      I had to check nfl.com i was about to lose it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                        Damn It!

Some smarts? By refusing to trade for a top-10 (some would say top-5) QB who has shown he can succeed without great protection and is only 28?

Roethlisberger would make the Raiders into contenders. The Chargers 14-game win streak against them would suddenly be in jeopardy. I'm relieved to hear that this deal is likely not gonna happen.

Comment

I hate the Raiders but this trade works for them. They get a QB, finally and can draft a new corner with the Steelers 1sr rounder. The steelers get that corner they are seeking and have a real shot at Claussen.

I like this trade from a objective point of view, as a Bronco fan I hate it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                            Some smarts? By refusing to trade for a top-10 (some would say top-5) QB who has shown he can succeed without great protection and is only 28?

Roethlisberger would make the Raiders into contenders. The Chargers 14-game win streak against them would suddenly be in jeopardy. I'm relieved to hear that this deal is likely not gonna happen.
                            Same here... Big Ben has been pretty good against the Broncos in his career. I do not want to see him twice a year. Plus I hate the guy so it would make me hate Oakland even more.

Comment

Chances are he might go to Arizona instead of Jokeland:
                              http://ktar.com/?sid=1286852&nid=229

PLEASE CARDINALS, KEEP ROETHLESBERGER OUT OF THE AFC WEST. TRADE FOR HIM
                              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Working...
                              X