Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steelers Discussing Roethlisberger Trade!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alastor
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    It’s also rare that you can trade for a franchise quarterback. Well, at least before this season with Donovan McNabb going to Washington. You don’t get these opportunities everyday so, if the rumors are true, both teams must jump at this chance.
    Hey! What about Cutler!? Is he no longer a franchise quarterback!?

Leave a comment:

• CHARGER$
    replied
    Originally posted by theshiverman View Post
    Yes, just like in Denver, they ship out the bad apples.
    I think the players have forced their way out of denver and not the other way around.

Edit: I do think Denver has a classy org. though.

Leave a comment:

• theshiverman
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    The Steelers brass run a tight ship. Gotta admire that no player on that roster is safe if you act like a dweeb.
    Yes, just like in Denver, they ship out the bad apples.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    The Steelers brass run a tight ship. Gotta admire that no player on that roster is safe if you act like a dweeb.

Leave a comment:

• 12and4
    replied
    Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
    I hope youre alone in that, if its not the chargers i want the west to fail.
    depending on who they're playing, yes i agree.

but if it were the chiefs vs patriots

chiefs all the way!

Leave a comment:

• CHARGER$
    replied
    Originally posted by Puddleglum View Post
    Darn right he would put it in jeopardy, we really shouldn't have won...like the last 3 or 4 games against them.

Just to make the AFC West more interesting. Part of me hopes the Broncos blow the draft this year, part of me doesn't. It's a love/hate relationship. Though if my Chargers don't make the playoffs I root for whomever is from the AFC West, am I alone in that?
    I hope youre alone in that, if its not the chargers i want the west to fail.

Leave a comment:

• Puddleglum
    replied
    Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    Some smarts? By refusing to trade for a top-10 (some would say top-5) QB who has shown he can succeed without great protection and is only 28?

Roethlisberger would make the Raiders into contenders. The Chargers 14-game win streak against them would suddenly be in jeopardy. I'm relieved to hear that this deal is likely not gonna happen.
    Darn right he would put it in jeopardy, we really shouldn't have won...like the last 3 or 4 games against them.

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
    I'm not sure why Bronco fans are hoping the raiders get a great QB?
    Once the 6 game suspension is up, the Raiders are significantly a better team. I, for one, hope it doesn't happen.
    Just to make the AFC West more interesting. Part of me hopes the Broncos blow the draft this year, part of me doesn't. It's a love/hate relationship. Though if my Chargers don't make the playoffs I root for whomever is from the AFC West, am I alone in that?

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    I'm not sure why Bronco fans are hoping the raiders get a great QB?
    Once the 6 game suspension is up, the Raiders are significantly a better team. I, for one, hope it doesn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Chances are he might go to Arizona instead of Jokeland:
    http://ktar.com/?sid=1286852&nid=229

PLEASE CARDINALS, KEEP ROETHLESBERGER OUT OF THE AFC WEST. TRADE FOR HIM

Leave a comment:

• TRUEBRONCOFAN24
    replied
    Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
    Some smarts? By refusing to trade for a top-10 (some would say top-5) QB who has shown he can succeed without great protection and is only 28?

Roethlisberger would make the Raiders into contenders. The Chargers 14-game win streak against them would suddenly be in jeopardy. I'm relieved to hear that this deal is likely not gonna happen.
    Same here... Big Ben has been pretty good against the Broncos in his career. I do not want to see him twice a year. Plus I hate the guy so it would make me hate Oakland even more.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I hate the Raiders but this trade works for them. They get a QB, finally and can draft a new corner with the Steelers 1sr rounder. The steelers get that corner they are seeking and have a real shot at Claussen.

I like this trade from a objective point of view, as a Bronco fan I hate it.

Leave a comment:

• Chargerbomb
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Damn It!

Al Davis is actually showing some smarts?

:doh:

Leave a comment:

• CHARGER$
    replied
    Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
    I saw that mistake too
    I had to check nfl.com i was about to lose it.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland Raiders a Done Deal?

According to “Kobe,” a former radio jockey in Pittsburgh, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders have completed a deal, pending league approval, that would send suspended quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to Oakland for Nnamdi Asomugha and a swap of first-round picks.

Reports early this week had pointed to the Steelers openly shopping Roethlisberger, and even going as far to call teams with top 10 picks in Thursday’s NFL draft to gauge interest.

More specifically, Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, had hinted at trade talks heating up between the Steelers and Raiders, and they may have finally come to fruition.

After his most recent run-in with the law, Roethlisberger seemed to have fallen out of favor with not only the fans in Pittsburgh, but the almighty Rooney family which eats, sleeps, and breathes everything associated with Steeler football.

The deal, if true, would help both sides fill an immediate need, while allowing both to maintain a first-round pick to further help their team through the draft.

Oakland has been a team in shambles in recent years, and has been in search of a franchise quarterback since the departure of Rich Gannon. Roethlisberger fills that need, and allows Oakland to move on from the disaster that was Jamarcus Russell.

Meanwhile, the Steelers, who have had one of the less-than-stellar secondaries over the last few seasons, gain one of the best corners in the NFL (2nd best by my count) in Nnamdi Asomugha, while also ridding themselves of the dark cloud hovering over the franchise stemming from Roethlisberger’s recent behavior.

The move also allows them to move up ten slots, to the number eight pick, where they could get their hands on the next franchise quarterback in Jimmy Clausen.

It’s rare to trade a two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback, but it’s even more rare to replace him immediately, and the Steelers have a chance to do that here. It is a must for the Steelers to move Roethlisberger this off-season, and this may be the best deal they get to do so.

It’s also rare that you can trade for a franchise quarterback. Well, at least before this season with Donovan McNabb going to Washington. You don’t get these opportunities everyday so, if the rumors are true, both teams must jump at this chance.

http://nflspinzone.com/2010/04/22/be...s-a-done-deal/

Leave a comment:

• RaiderFanSD
    replied
    Originally posted by CHARGER$ View Post
    I thought the first round was tomarrow the 22nd? a thursday.
    I saw that mistake too

Leave a comment:

Working...
X