No announcement yet.

Cutler- This is Great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome. I don't think I was comparing Orton to Cutler though... idk I could've been... maybe I blanked out there when I was typing.

How can you compare four years of stats when Jay played all of like 4 games in 06 and is widely regarded as the reason we didn't make the playoffs that year. I'm not gonna sit here and debate a 2008 topic though, and I wasn't even hating on Jay. I just don't agree that he's anything more than an average red-zone QB so far in his career. He's still like 1:1 tds/int... not gonna win anything as long as that keeps up. Great quarterbacks don't buckle in every shootout they've ever been in. shrug.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
      Note how he points out that it's going to be because the receivers aren't in the right spot, and that if they're not it's going to have consequences.

It has nothing at all to do with his ability to make decisions or reads, or be accurate, not throw off his back foot, not try to split four defenders..

It's because the receivers are in the wrong spot.

I've seen people get thrown under the bus before, but it usually happens after the bus actually arrives...

I guess "training camp" means something different to Cutler than it does to the rest of us.
      Not to be a Cutler defender here, but you are picking and choosing what he said. He justified it reasonably by stating the fact that he's working with a group of young receivers, and all of them, including himself, are working with a new offense. Receivers will be out of place, he'll make wrong reads or different reads from what the receivers make when making breaks, etc. That's very typical of an offense such as Martz is instituting, especially when there are a bunch of younger players involved in it.
      Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        That's awesome. I don't think I was comparing Orton to Cutler though... idk I could've been... maybe I blanked out there when I was typing.

How can you compare four years of stats when Jay played all of like 4 games in 06 and is widely regarded as the reason we didn't make the playoffs that year. I'm not gonna sit here and debate a 2008 topic though, and I wasn't even hating on Jay. I just don't agree that he's anything more than an average red-zone QB so far in his career. He's still like 1:1 tds/int... not gonna win anything as long as that keeps up. Great quarterbacks don't buckle in every shootout they've ever been in. shrug.
        Whether someone is a Cutler lover or Cutler hater, he's not widely regarded as the reason we missed the playoffs in 2008. Massive amounts of injuries and a defense that couldn't stop anyone from running are the widely regarded reasons for missing the playoffs that year. You do recall how many RBs were on IR that year, right, or did you just become a Broncos fan this year because of Tim Tebow?
        Fire Rick Dennison - This Signature will stay until the worst playcaller in the NFL is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
          Whether someone is a Cutler lover or Cutler hater, he's not widely regarded as the reason we missed the playoffs in 2008. Massive amounts of injuries and a defense that couldn't stop anyone from running are the widely regarded reasons for missing the playoffs that year. You do recall how many RBs were on IR that year, right, or did you just become a Broncos fan this year because of Tim Tebow?
          He said 2006.

The year that you started off 7-4, and then finished out 2-3 with Cutler at the helm.

It was certainly a puzzling move from a Charger fan's perspective, handing the keys to the rook when you were still in playoff contention. But then again, Plummer wasn't having his best year, so idk.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
            As far as your red-zone evaluation, here's how Jay did over the past 4 seasons compared with some other QBs that are considered better than he is.

1) Brett Favre -- 94.55 Rating -- 10 Total Red-Zone INTs

2) Jay Cutler -- 92.45 Avg. Rating -- 10 Total Red-Zone INTs

3) Ben Roethlisberger -- 89.4 Avg. Rating -- 9 Total Red-Zone INTs

4) Tony Romo -- 89.2 Avg. Rating -- 10 Total Red-Zone INTs

5) Eli Manning -- 86.7 Avg. Rating -- 10 Total Red-Zone INTs

6) Peyton Manning -- 85.75 Avg. Rating -- 9 Total Red-Zone INTs

7) Drew Brees -- 84.85 Avg. Rating -- 10 Total Red-Zone INTs

First off I think your stats are crap. According to ESPN.com neither Peyton nor Brees thew more than 6 interceptions in the redzone over the past 4 years, and both had redzone passer ratings much higher than the ones you posted. I didn't bother to check beyond those 2 guys.

Secondly it is cute how you skipped over guys like Brady and Rivers, who almost never throw redzone interceptions. IIRC Rivers has thrown 2 in his career, and his passer rating in the red zone is north of 105.

Thirdly Cutler seems to be getting worse. After not throwing a pick in the redzone his first year and a half, he threw 4 in 2008 and 6 last year. None of your handpicked stats will dispel the obvious fact that he struggled a lot in the redzone the past 2 seasons, and lost games because of it. I still remember the sequence at the end of the Bills game in 2008 that allowed the Chargers to sneak into the playoffs. Ahhh, the memories

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
              He said 2006.

The year that you started off 7-4, and then finished out 2-3 with Cutler at the helm.

It was certainly a puzzling move from a Charger fan's perspective, handing the keys to the rook when you were still in playoff contention. But then again, Plummer wasn't having his best year, so idk.
              I can see both sides to this move.

Personally, I wrote of Plummer the year before when he had that ridiculous meltdown in the playoffs against the Steelers. I think it was painfully obvious Plummer had taken us as far as he could- time to get on with the future. For Jake as well- obviously the passion wasn't there anymore as referenced by his retirement.

Comment

Cutler suuuuuuuuccccckkkksssss

I can’t believe the way he pissed on this organization and it’s fans on his way out the door, that he has any supporters left in Denver!

Comment

What's going to be really sick is when the lions beat chicago the opening week.....

that D-line is going to have them some Cutler on a platter, and man-o-man the fans are going to die.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chargerbomb View Post
                    First off I think your stats are crap. According to ESPN.com neither Peyton nor Brees thew more than 6 interceptions in the redzone over the past 4 years, and both had redzone passer ratings much higher than the ones you posted. I didn't bother to check beyond those 2 guys.

Secondly it is cute how you skipped over guys like Brady and Rivers, who almost never throw redzone interceptions. IIRC Rivers has thrown 2 in his career, and his passer rating in the red zone is north of 105.

Thirdly Cutler seems to be getting worse. After not throwing a pick in the redzone his first year and a half, he threw 4 in 2008 and 6 last year. None of your handpicked stats will dispel the obvious fact that he struggled a lot in the redzone the past 2 seasons, and lost games because of it. I still remember the sequence at the end of the Bills game in 2008 that allowed the Chargers to sneak into the playoffs. Ahhh, the memories
                    Yep Cutler has struggled in the red zone the last two years, but I also don't think it was coinsidence that Jay did not throw a red zone pick once the 6-2Aromashodu got into the lineup, to go along with the 6-5 Olsen.

The other thing to factor in is the red zone running game. It was nonexistent in Denver and Chicago the last two years for Cutler's offense.

Comment

Originally posted by floridabroncos View Post
                      I said 2006..... you know the year after the snake took us to the AFCCG and then took us to 7-4... read something. We did not make the playoffs in 2006 because of Jay Cutler. In actuality I SHOULD say we didn't make it to the playoffs in 2006 because of Mike Shanahan.

I've also been a Bronco fan since the early 90s and a member here since 2004 tyvm, and who the hell said anything about tebow?

Comment

Working...
                      X