• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pikman
    Starter
    • Jul 2003

Cutler- This is Great

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler warns there will be more interceptions in Mike Martz's system this season.

Need a shoulder shrug smiley
    Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi
  • DiversityA
    Practice Squad
    • May 2010

Hahaha. I knew it, but I'm glad he knows it too.
    "In the red zone, in the red zone...Let's get 7, let's get 7."

Broncos, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche

Comment

• Alastor
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2003

Note how he points out that it's going to be because the receivers aren't in the right spot, and that if they're not it's going to have consequences.

It has nothing at all to do with his ability to make decisions or reads, or be accurate, not throw off his back foot, not try to split four defenders..

It's because the receivers are in the wrong spot.

I've seen people get thrown under the bus before, but it usually happens after the bus actually arrives...

I guess "training camp" means something different to Cutler than it does to the rest of us.

Comment

• PowderAddict
        Go Broncos
        • Feb 2006

Haha that’s great.

Take a reckless QB with a big arm and bigger ego, coupled with mediocre, young WR’s, this has the potential to be a huge circus

It may make me a bad person, but I derive great pleasure with every INT he throws

Comment

• pikman
          Starter
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
          Note how he points out that it's going to be because the receivers aren't in the right spot, and that if they're not it's going to have consequences.

It has nothing at all to do with his ability to make decisions or reads, or be accurate, not throw off his back foot, not try to split four defenders..

It's because the receivers are in the wrong spot.

I've seen people get thrown under the bus before, but it usually happens after the bus actually arrives...

I guess "training camp" means something different to Cutler than it does to the rest of us.
          No Al you're not getting it. Martz's offense has no reads...it's just run and throw. Consequences be damned...these things just happen.
          Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DancingHorsey
            Starter
            • Oct 2006

Translation:

"Wherever I throw the ball is where the receiver should be. If he isn't there, that's his fault not mine. Considering the fact that my receivers suck, they're going to cause a lot of interceptions. Oh well, that's what happens when you give Jay Cutler the Great receivers that belong in the CFL. Get over it."

Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• pikman
              Starter
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
              Translation:

"Wherever I throw the ball is where the receiver should be. If he isn't there, that's his fault not mine. Considering the fact that my receivers suck, they're going to cause a lot of interceptions. Oh well, that's what happens when you give Jay Cutler the Great receivers that belong in the CFL. Get over it."

The CFL might resent that remark.

Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DancingHorsey
                Starter
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by pikman View Post
                The CFL might resent that remark.
                What can I say? Cutler can be a bit insensitive...
                Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

• PowderAddict
                  Go Broncos
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                  What can I say? Cutler can be a bit insensitive...
                  And yet overly senstive at other times.

He really is an enigma

Comment

• kratos_godofwar
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Oct 2006

LOL, at least he acknowledges that he sucks and throws too many picks. I'm just glad he admitted to throwing to defenders on purpose. I'd always thought he made bad reads or just forcing them, but for him to reinforce that he meant to throw the pick. That's just great news.:thumb:

Comment

• Chronic_Toker
                      I have a words with way.
                      • Nov 2003

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                      It may make me a bad person, but I derive great pleasure with every INT he throws
                      Well if it does Powder, then I'm right there with you in the bad person line. The game he threw 5 picks last year...I felt like I was watching a Bronco victory!

Here's hoping for 25+ picks this year too! Oh yeah, and 8+ losses!
                      My other love...
                      sigpic
                      305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

• Sparky The Sun Devil
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by pikman View Post
                        No Al you're not getting it. Martz's offense has no reads...it's just run and throw. Consequences be damned...these things just happen.
                        When Kurt Warner ran that offense he was able to still make reads, and it was a great offense. When Martz put that offense in San Francisco and he had a qb who wasnt great at making reads they sucked and martz got fired.

Comment

• bears6385
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
                          When Kurt Warner ran that offense he was able to still make reads, and it was a great offense. When Martz put that offense in San Francisco and he had a qb who wasnt great at making reads they sucked and martz got fired.
                          Actually everywhere Martz has coached the offense has improved in year 1, SF included.

Comment

• OrangeBlueCrew
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Apr 2009

I really don't understand the pointless hate or talk of Cutler on these boards. The article is not even that funny, any QB would probably say the same thing.

The bottom line is that after seeing Training Camp this year, I would still hands down take him as our QB over all three of the ones we got. And the only reason you hate the guy is because you feel the same way and want to justify your feelings by hoping he fails mightily.
                            sigpic

Champ Bailey in 2005
                            30 times thrown at, 10 interceptions, 10 receptions, 10 incompletions

Comment

• Chronic_Toker
                              I have a words with way.
                              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by OrangeBlueCrew View Post
                              And the only reason you hate the guy is because you feel the same way and want to justify your feelings by hoping he fails mightily.
                              I actually root for him to fail because of the way he forced his way out of town.
                              My other love...
                              sigpic
                              305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X