Looks like a QB controversy is brewin in Jacksonville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a QB controversy is brewin in Jacksonville

McCown is tearing it up. I realize it's preseason but as someone who somewhat follows the jags (brothers a big fan of them) I know Garrard is on the bubble anyways and all it'll take is someone steping up behind him.
    sigpic

I hope McCown starts week 1 vs us
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thatkidhunt View Post
      I hope McCown starts week 1 vs us
      Oh God.

We'd definitely get to test that run defense then, because there's no way in the world Del Rio is going to put McCown into the meat grinder of a pass defense that is our secondary.

He'd run often, and we'd definitely get to see how that line held up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin View Post
        Oh God.

We'd definitely get to test that run defense then, because there's no way in the world Del Rio is going to put McCown into the meat grinder of a pass defense that is our secondary.

He'd run often, and we'd definitely get to see how that line held up.
        but what's new honestly? jags have always been primarily run-first. Who wouldn't be with Mjd in your backfield.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          but what's new honestly? jags have always been primarily run-first. Who wouldn't be with Mjd in your backfield.
          It's different when they run first because that's their strength.

It's an entirely different situation when they run because they have no other choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            McCown is tearing it up. I realize it's preseason but as someone who somewhat follows the jags (brothers a big fan of them) I know Garrard is on the bubble anyways and all it'll take is someone steping up behind him.
            McCown started preseason the same way last year and end up falling off. We will see if he can stay consistant, but this is a make or break year for JDR & Garrard. So, it will be interesting to see how things pan out.
            sigpic

Comment

Trade the Chosen One to J-ville and draft Locker/Luck/Mallett/Ponder in 2011.

Problem solved.......

Comment

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
                Trade the Chosen One to J-ville and draft Locker/Luck/Mallett/Ponder in 2011.

Problem solved.......
                You better learn to like or at least tolerate Tebow, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon and that's just the way it is.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                  McCown started preseason the same way last year and end up falling off. We will see if he can stay consistant, but this is a make or break year for JDR & Garrard. So, it will be interesting to see how things pan out.
                  Jacksonville has got to do something, their starters looked absolutely horrible, they couldn't even do anything against the Eagles backups.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                    Jacksonville has got to do something, their starters looked absolutely horrible, they couldn't even do anything against the Eagles backups.
                    It's really kind of hard to say that considering the number of projected starters who did not play - both starting offensive tackles sat out, both starting DTs sat out, one starting DE sat out, two starting LBs sat out, etc. I'll reserve judgment until at least some of these folks actually play.

Comment

Working...
                    X