SD Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethanjano View Post
    Hahaha, I hate to be this guy, but didn't the Chargers cut Jamal this season? So obviously that is a bad example. However, I think they made a mistake in doing that. Also I would throw in DJ Williams on that list.
    They cut him due to injury concerns. If he's healthy, he's better than anybody they currently have.
    Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Was at the game today (free tickets..what can i say).

Ryan Mathews is a good running back, unfortunately,lol. If defenders dont wrap him up, he's got really good balance to keep going if someone goes for a big hit.

Hopefully once he plays some games and people get tape on him, the defenders will be more conscious about wrapping him up. He might be containable then, but the dude had a real knack of bouncing off a guy trying to just hit him to the ground and getting extra yards

He did struggle a bit as a receiver and I doubt he's ready to be THAT good at pass blocking, so he's not amazing. Was still impressed with his running
      Last edited by TD30*; 08-15-2010, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Lets see.

Without MCNEIL. SD still has a what 3 time probowl LG in Dielman a probowl center in Hardwick. A young stud in Vasquez at RG.

They have one of the most explosive players in the NFL in Sproles.

2 good versatile FB's in Tolbert and Hester.

Floyd who is better than any WR on your roster and had 767 yds in 9 starts.

They have Naane who had the highest catch % of any WR with atleast 20 targets.

They have the best TE, top 3 QB a potentially stud RB rookie.

They have 2 veterans in Randy Mcmichael at TE and Josh Reed.

They have a solid TE in Kris Wilson.

They have a good young safety in Weddle, a underrated top 10 CB in Jammer. They have a veteran in Vasher. They have Merriman, Cooper, Burnett, Phillips, English, Tucker, Siler.

They have the best 3-4 DE in the AFCW in Castillo, a dominant punter and probowl kicker.

Then they have a bunch of young potential stars who have show glimpses.

Even with 4 NT's on IR they have the best rush defense in the AFCW, they allowed the least points in the AFCW.

Basically SD is stacked and that's without VJ and Mcneil, 2 more probowlers.

The team lost 4 probowl players in LT, Cromartie, Jamal and Osgood and still has probowlers all over the field. INSANE!

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
          They cut him due to injury concerns. If he's healthy, he's better than anybody they currently have.
          They actually cut him because he was due a rather large roster bonus they didnt want to pay. The plan had been to resign him to a contract without the bonus in it.

Funny thing is, Big Maul kinda took that hard. Who woulda though that?

Then he headed Mile High. Yea for us!
          sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargersDivison View Post
            Lets see.

Without MCNEIL. SD still has a what 3 time probowl LG in Dielman a probowl center in Hardwick. A young stud in Vasquez at RG.

They have one of the most explosive players in the NFL in Sproles.

2 good versatile FB's in Tolbert and Hester.

Floyd who is better than any WR on your roster and had 767 yds in 9 starts.

They have Naane who had the highest catch % of any WR with atleast 20 targets.

They have the best TE, top 3 QB a potentially stud RB rookie.

They have 2 veterans in Randy Mcmichael at TE and Josh Reed.

They have a solid TE in Kris Wilson.

They have a good young safety in Weddle, a underrated top 10 CB in Jammer. They have a veteran in Vasher. They have Merriman, Cooper, Burnett, Phillips, English, Tucker, Siler.

They have the best 3-4 DE in the AFCW in Castillo, a dominant punter and probowl kicker.

Then they have a bunch of young potential stars who have show glimpses.

Even with 4 NT's on IR they have the best rush defense in the AFCW, they allowed the least points in the AFCW.

Basically SD is stacked and that's without VJ and Mcneil, 2 more probowlers.

The team lost 4 probowl players in LT, Cromartie, Jamal and Osgood and still has probowlers all over the field. INSANE!
            I always wondered how you could verbalize the essence of a big, hot, steamy pile of crap on a humid day.

Now I know.
            sigpic

I adopt andrewmlb.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
              3 or 4 guys? lol

Champ Bailey
              Brian Dawkins
              Andre Goodman
              Elvis Dumervil (injury aside)
              Ryan Clady
              Knowshon Moreno
              Ryan Harris
              Chris Kuper
              Jamal Williams
              Jabar Gaffney (better than all but Vincent Jackson)

Japfaff, your negativity towards your own team never ceases to amaze me...
              Bolds are yes..... Doom would be a yes but he is hurt. Harris, Moreno I would give a maybe......Everyone else is a definite no

Your view of the team really makes me question if you have ever actually seen them play?
              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                Bolds are yes..... Doom would be a yes but he is hurt. Harris, Moreno I would give a maybe......Everyone else is a definite no

Your view of the team really makes me question if you have ever actually seen them play?
                Lol you're crazy....

Goodman would defintely be starting in SD, as would Gaffney with no VJ.

A healthy Ryan Harris would also start most likely...

Kuper is a likely starter in SD as well.
                Last edited by Amari24; 08-16-2010, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                  Lol you're crazy....

Goodman would defintely be starting in SD, as would Gaffney with no VJ.

A healthy Ryan Harris would also start most likely...

Kuper is a likely starter in SD as well.
                  Dawkins would not start in SD, he plays same position as Weddle and Weddle would start over him, unless they moved him to the other side.

Goodman would start.

Gaffney would not. Floyd and Naane would.

Harris would at RT.

Kuper would not.

Comment

Reading through this thread got me thinking about the high profile QBs both SD and DEN have. I considered their similarities and differences:

Phylis Rivers
                    Tim Tebow

Similarities include the unnatural self taught throwing motion and how they get it done regardless.

Differences include Rivers success while comfortable and content during the season against regular teams and when things are going his way and Tebows ability to play well when things are NOT going well and his team needs production to turn it around (an Elway attribute that separated him from a regular pro)

Our preseason game encapsulates that idea with the final drive score. I never would have guessed we'd have taken Tim but now that we have him I get more and more excited. He's like Cal Ripken off the field and like _____<--(can't say it yet) on the field

Back to the Original Topic: I am not about to underestimate SD based on the criteria given in the OP. I still believe SD will need luck along with their talent to win in post season but they are more than capable of winning this division again this year.

IMHO -next season is where our team takes the giant leap but it's going to be great to watch this season
                    The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

Working...
                    X