X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall punting balls in practice again ha ha

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,6606362.story

Yeah, only a matter of time.

I don't see Marshall in Miami much longer. WOW. just WOW.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

That dude needs to get checked, he needs counciling or something. And Miami has to put up with that for 6 years? Meh Idc, He's not in Denver doing it

Comment

Meh. I know I'm a Marshall defender, so everyone will take this with a grain of salt....

But I see a huge difference between punting a ball out of frustration at his own production....

And punting balls because you're upset with the management.
        Thanks, Reid!
        sigpic
        Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
          Meh. I know I'm a Marshall defender, so everyone will take this with a grain of salt....

But I see a huge difference between punting a ball out of frustration at his own production....

Exactly. The guy is just mad at himself. Not like here when he was mad at the team. But whatever. He isn't our problem anymore. Time to move on.
          sigpic

Comment

thats true, but it still speaks a lot about how hes saying he's grown up and a changed man, but still lets his emotions get the best of him. What happens when it's something else that gets him ticked off and he cant control his emotions? (like henne not throwing to him, or him dropping balls in games that matter)

Comment

I agree.

I'm not even convinced the punted balls here in Denver had anything to do with the benching or any kind of issues with management. I think he was just punting the balls...

Comment

Originally posted by TD30* View Post
                thats true, but it still speaks a lot about how hes saying he's grown up and a changed man, but still lets his emotions get the best of him. What happens when it's something else that gets him ticked off and he cant control his emotions? (like henne not throwing to him, or him dropping balls in games that matter)
                Yeah, it's not a great sign... but as long as he manages his issues by punting balls in practice... it's not a big deal either... except that it's because it's Brandon Marshall.

Al.... you're hilarious.
                Thanks, Reid!
                sigpic

Comment

I can't wait to see him punt a basketball next season if there is a lock out.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

Comment

Al.... you're hilarious.
                    No, I'm serious.

At the time I thought it might be that he was benched for acting out in practice, but after I thought about it for a day or so I decided that didn't make sense.

I really don't think his being benched had anything to do with punting the balls in practice or batting balls down or anything. I think he was just goofing off and he was really "just punting the balls."

I don't think there was anything to it.

I think there was other stuff going on.

I'm not kidding. I'm serious. I don't think punting the ball is a big deal, and I don't think it was a big deal at the time he did it in Denver either. I think it just happened at a time when something else was taking place and the media ran with it.

I mean it's thoughtless, rude, and childish, but I don't think it's a major crisis. I mean it's a punted ball... I really think he just does it sometimes because he thinks it's fun or something. I don't think there's anything significant to it.

Comment

this is kind of a stretch on how it relates, but since we're talking about his time in denver...

I'm a big mcdaniels supporter, but he really needs to take a note from shanahan on how to deal with troublesome players. You cant ship out every guy that may not fit perfectly as a person..I know this has been discussed a billion times since cutler, but i find it funny that in two years mcd got rid of two or four trouble guys, while shanahan had an even bigger drama queen in haynesworth (who has even more leverage than all the bronco guys with his ginormous contract) and now has him playing and supporting his team. The guy knows how to handle pain in the butt people and just make it about playing football

Comment

Originally posted by TD30* View Post
                        this is kind of a stretch on how it relates, but since we're talking about his time in denver...

I'm a big mcdaniels supporter, but he really needs to take a note from shanahan on how to deal with troublesome players. You cant ship out every guy that may not fit perfectly as a person..I know this has been discussed a billion times since cutler, but i find it funny that in two years mcd got rid of two or four trouble guys, while shanahan had an even bigger drama queen in haynesworth (who has even more leverage than all the bronco guys with his ginormous contract) and now has him playing and supporting his team. The guy knows how to handle pain in the butt people and just make it about playing football
                        I guess it depends on how you view it.

In my view, Cutler demanded a trade. When he wouldn't return the phone calls of the owner, the Broncos had a choice. They could either wait and hope he changed his tune or they could trade him as he demanded. If they waited and he continued to refuse to play, we'd have been without a quarterback completely.

Marshall didn't want to be in Denver. He made that very clear. The deal he signed in Miami is about the same as the deal Denver offered him too, and maybe was even a little worse in terms of what he actually gets paid versus what it's "possible" to make.

Haynesworth on the other hand, is untradable. He's way too expensive and has a bad image. No one would trade for him even if Shanahan tried to trade him out. Shanahan is stuck with Haynesworth.

Shanahan traded out a lot of players over the years. He was never shy about letting someone go that he didn't get along with.

In Haynesworth's case though, no one else will take him. Not for that kind of cash and with that attitude.

Comment

Marshall is an amazing receiver. But there is a reason why the Broncos decided to get rid of him. And that's because he is an idiot. Flame on. Anyway, I think the head coach has all the right of building a team with responsible football players that also have the necessary talent to win games. I hope that's what we have in Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker. Like Tarquin said, Shanahan used to do the exact same thing when he had a problem with certain player. Jake Plummer is an example.
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm not sure I agree... but I guess it's possible.

I think here, he did it in camp because he was frustrated with management... there he did it because he was frustrated with his own play.
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic

Comment

Marshall...STILL THE SAME!!!!!

Brandon Marshall dropped a pass in the end zone at Dolphins camp Monday, and proceeded to punt the ball over a fence.
                              Still a knucklehead. Since a dominant start to camp, Marshall has struggled over the last nine days, and had two drops in Miami's preseason opener. Marshall reportedly "brooded" off to the side for the rest of Monday's practice. He did similar things in Broncos camp last year, although that was believed to be due to frustration with his contract. He got paid big time since.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...lter_teams=MIA

I know this could go in the other teams forum. However I still thought it was relevant enough to be placed in here! I love the fact we now have Thomas to take his place! He has the same physical presence we had with Marshall but has an upstanding attitude and 4.38 speed!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X