Marshall punting balls in practice again ha ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
    Jay just showed it in a different way. He was sulky and sat by himself on the bench with bad body language.

Marshall just expresses his emotions differently. But because he is in the spotlight, he is held to a higher standard, a standard that he says he is striving for.

He has said he's grown up. I don't think he's matured yet into what I would call "a good man." He's still a kid pretending to be an adult...and one that I think likes the attention of the spotlight, be it a kind or a harsh light.
    marshall said he grew up like 3 years ago, actually we heard that speech every offseason and he never changed, I dont expect him to ever change while hes in the nfl, who cares though because hes not our problem anymore.

Comment

I didn't read the whole article but I am going to voice myself.

I don't really think it's that big a deal and may be more positive than some might think. He is frustrated cause he isn't living up to how he knows he can play. That's what I believe his mindset is, and he wants to perform to those expectations he set for himself.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
        marshall said he grew up like 3 years ago, actually we heard that speech every offseason and he never changed, I dont expect him to ever change while hes in the nfl, who cares though because hes not our problem anymore.
        I think this is part of the problem. His words say one thing, his actions say another.

And after a while, people get weary of hearing what they know not to be true.

Originally posted by Mac Dre View Post
        I didn't read the whole article but I am going to voice myself.

I don't really think it's that big a deal and may be more positive than some might think. He is frustrated cause he isn't living up to how he knows he can play. That's what I believe his mindset is, and he wants to perform to those expectations he set for himself.
        More than anything, this action is all Brandon Marshall.

There are a lot of ways to show frustration during a slump like he has now. Doing "Dawkins push-ups" for instance, or clapping your hands and running back to the huddle.

But he decides to do the exact same thing that caused a media uproar last year.

In order to be great, you have to be disciplined. Part of that is controlling emotions, using them to fuel your motivation and determination to be the best.

And maybe Brandon is making strides, and this is just a set back. No one is perfect.

It just sucks he decides to use the same action to express frustration with himself as he did last year to show his frustration at his situation in Denver.

On the outside, it all looks the same.
        sigpic
        Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
        -Sean Payton

Comment

Obviously Marshall was ticked off at the team for hiring Berger, so he thought that he'd try out for punter so he could be listed as a WR and P, save the team a roster spot, because Marshall is and always will be a team player!
          Here's hoping Champ gets into the Hall First Ballot. He deserves it!

Comment

Can't Believe We Gave up on a good Punter

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...l-punts-again/

Now, to be fair, I'm not sure what's going on here. He could be upset with a lingering hip injury, but the divorce that happened between him and the Broncos was probably for the best.

I hope he's able to flourish down there but looking at our own training camp and everyone dropping like flies, I don't know if we could have handled the extracurriculars this year.
            Hate List for 2016-2017 Season: 1. Oakland, 2. New England, 3. Kansas City, 4. Pittsburgh and 5. Houston (yes, Houston....)

Comment

I dont miss the drama myself. Better off without it.
              Theres Ups and Downs, but just hold your Faith in the Orange Jerseys.

Team Tebow Number: 15² Yeah, thats Squared. Give me sum Koolaid

Comment

Marshall is just letting everyone know how versatile he is........being a receiver and a punter....

Some people say that these temper tantrums do not affect the team, but they do. If you've ever been around a player who loses it every once in a while, next thing you know, you are watching for it. And if you're a defender, you can really get into that type of player's head. Marshall has a tendency to try to do too much, and part of it may be because his emotions get in the way of logic. Sometimes it pays off, but not when you lose yards trying to go forward, or fumble when you think you can make something more out of nothing.

As for maturity, it doesn't happen overnight........especially for someone entrenched in his type of behaviour. It takes years.

He has amazing talent, and that part I miss. But not the antics and the off the field actions that we have heard far too much about to dismiss.

Comment

Originally posted by TD30* View Post
                  shanahan had an even bigger drama queen in haynesworth (who has even more leverage than all the bronco guys with his ginormous contract) and now has him playing and supporting his team.
                  This is still to be decided and don't forget that huge contract Haynesworth has.

Comment

Apparently Marshall was back punting at practice for the 2nd straight day on Tuesday... What a moron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-ridiculous/
                    MDS mentioned earlier that Brandon Marshall got in a little punting practice on Monday, reminding some folks of his last days in Denver. A silly little story, but something to keep an eye on just in case Marshall's honeymoon phase ends quickly.

On Tuesday, perhaps unhappy with the attention, Marshall performed an encore.

Omar Kelly of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel noted that Marshall dropped his first pass of the morning, then caught a touchdown on his second pass. And then he punted the ball again. We'll defer to Kelly for his interpretation:

"It was a statement for us [the media]," Kelly wrote.

And that statement was, apparently: I'll do whatever I damn please and punt when I want to punt. So shut up, already.

Kelly also notes that Marshall took snaps with the first and second team units on Tuesday, probably looking to get more work after his recent spate of drops.
                    And this is only his 1st year in Miami!! Things are only going to get worse for them as far as seeing who the real Brandon Marshall is. 1 police report away from being suspended 8 games.

Comment

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
                      Apparently Marshall was back punting at practice for the 2nd straight day on Tuesday... What a moron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-ridiculous/

And this is only his 1st year in Miami!! Things are only going to get worse for them as far as seeing who the real Brandon Marshall is. 1 police report away from being suspended 8 games.
                      Yeah Marshall is total moron, he needs to get it together. He got in all kinds of trouble in South Beach in his college days. Another DUI from him is likely at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                        Meh. I know I'm a Marshall defender, so everyone will take this with a grain of salt....

But I see a huge difference between punting a ball out of frustration at his own production....

And punting balls because you're upset with the management.
                        agreed, i was just going to post that. that said, why is he dropping so many passes?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                          agreed, i was just going to post that. that said, why is he dropping so many passes?
                          My guess is he got paid and stopped training as hard this offseason... Pair that with him living in South Florida (where all off his family and friends live) and its a combo for disaster for the Dolphins...

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                            I think he's trying to figure that out, hence the extra work he is giving himself.

He's such a contradiction.

Immature but talented.

Dedicated but emotional.

Addicted to the media attention, be it good or bad. Hence punting the ball-again- today.

I wonder what the Miami fans are thinking?
                            sigpic

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                            -Sean Payton

Comment

Originally posted by BroncFanIN View Post
                              I wonder what the Miami fans are thinking?
                              I'm sure most of them are choosing to ignore all this...
                              Only fools bet against Tim Tebow.

Team Tebow #108

Yards, without points, mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingHorsey View Post
                                I'm sure most of them are choosing to ignore all this...
                                Maybe. I went and checked. Lots of..."I'm glad he did it. Shows he's hard on himself. He's expressing himself..." and " Media making a big deal. Its different here than when he did it in Denver"....to " I'm concerned..."

Mostly, they are being loyal to their big playmaker.

I can relate to that.

Glad I don't have to do that any more regarding Marshall.

I wish the guy all the success in the world...except when/if we play Miami
                                sigpic

-Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                                X