Marshall punting balls in practice again ha ha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d-bronx42 View Post
    Apparently Marshall was back punting at practice for the 2nd straight day on Tuesday... What a moron.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ng-ridiculous/

And this is only his 1st year in Miami!! Things are only going to get worse for them as far as seeing who the real Brandon Marshall is. 1 police report away from being suspended 8 games.
    The bolded parts there are complete assumptions about his meaning and demeanor. It's not like he turned and flipped off the media after doing it... if he did... I'm pretty sure it would have been mentioned.

It was one reporter 'interpreting' the action for the rest of us. Thanks, guy. I love reporting that includes assumptions passed off as fact... which is how he tried to sell this.

Maybe Marshall was laughing at himself for the other day, maybe he thought the media or the fans would get a laugh out of it. Again, if there was any other negative connotation to his actions, I'm sure they would have been reported.
    Thanks, Reid!
    sigpic
    Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Miami starting to worry about Marshall

Brandon Marshall has punted a ball after dropping a pass for the second practice in a row, although this time it looks like the response is the receiver’s way of telling everyone buzzing about his antics to calm down.

Brandon Marshall punted a ball after a drop for the second straight practice.
      According to the Sun Times Sentinel, the first pass thrown to Marshall at today’s practice slipped through his hands, leaving the wideout “clearly frustrated”. When he hauled in a deep ball from Chad Henne a few snaps later, Marshall ran it into the endzone before stopping and punting the ball.

This stunt comes a day after the receiver dropped a pass in the endzone, punted the ball over a fence angrily, and sat out the rest of Monday’s practice.

While Dolphins blogger Ethan Skolnick views the incident as Marshall “lashing out at himself, like a pitcher who throws a glove at the cooler in the clubhouse,” reports state the organization is starting to worry that the receiver “revert to the petulant behavior that marked his time in Denver.”

Marshall, who was traded to Miami in April, is expected to be the team’s premier receiving target and one of the stars of a revamped Dolphins team who nearly went winless in the 2007 season.

Read more: http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/...#ixzz0wuSVvyQa

Comment

big time overreaction

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          That dude needs to get checked, he needs counciling or something. And Miami has to put up with that for 6 years? Meh Idc, He's not in Denver doing it
          Not really, the way they structured the contract, they can cut him next year and cut some of their losses.
          Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastor View Post
            I agree.

I'm not even convinced the punted balls here in Denver had anything to do with the benching or any kind of issues with management. I think he was just punting the balls...
            From Marshall's mouth regarding the punting incident in Denver:

"Me punting the ball was definitely frustration," Marshall said. "It was an error in judgment. There was a lot of frustration (Wednesday) coming out of a meeting."

Link: http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13222721
            Remember: If you dont feed the trolls - they will go away! Neither logic nor a compelling argument will make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
              big time overreaction
              Agreed! BUT, the problem is that he still hasn't found a better way to deal with his emotions. OK, so he's kicking the ball out of frustration with himself. That still doesn't make that particular action right. What ever happen to doing push ups, running laps, staying after practice to catch more balls?

Considering the amount of money the Phins paid him, he is a "leader" by "default", and he needs to find better ways to deal with his anger. If he keep kicking balls in practice, he will eventually do it in a game. And he doesnt have Stoke assigned to him to make sure he doesn't do anything crazy that may cost the TEAM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbroncs View Post
                marshall said he grew up like 3 years ago, actually we heard that speech every offseason and he never changed, I dont expect him to ever change while hes in the nfl, who cares though because hes not our problem anymore.
                That disconnect in what he says and what he does, in his play and in his character/maturity are reasons the Broncos decided not to make "a long term investment in the player".

That's all it came down to, and decisions like punting a ball in practice are no biggie in an isolated incident, but when it is just a continuing pattern of behavior is the concern.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  Meh. I know I'm a Marshall defender, so everyone will take this with a grain of salt....

But I see a huge difference between punting a ball out of frustration at his own production....

And punting balls because you're upset with the management.
                  Great point LT, there is definitely a difference between being upset at an organization and being upset with yourself. Video for this might show something else?
                  sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                  Sig by: MHS

Comment

who cares?

let him punt balls if it helps him.

why question his ways?

why should we care is my biggest question here...

i've punted a ball out of frustration before. and if someone in the media said something bad about it, i would do it again just to piss them off.

maybe i'm a hoodlum too.. immature... yeah thats me.

jeez.

someone said "overreaction"... you are correct sir!

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                      Meh. I know I'm a Marshall defender, so everyone will take this with a grain of salt....

But I see a huge difference between punting a ball out of frustration at his own production....

And punting balls because you're upset with the management.
                      Yeah I am too, you guys bashing him here are REACHING seriously on this one. Same with the media here. Did u see the game against JAX, he looked reeeeaaalll good. This is the trade where we kick ourselves in the ass on this one

Comment

Working...
                      X