Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revis reportedly wants $162 mill over 10 years

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Revis reportedly wants $162 mill over 10 years

    Citing NFL sources, Newsday's Bob Glauber reports that Darrelle Revis is "demanding" $162 million over 10 years from the Jets.
    The Jets are reportedly offering as much as $122 million over 10 years. None of these figures mean much without the guaranteed money, but Revis' demands are ridiculous if true. While he's certainly outplayed his rookie contract, he still has three years left on that deal. Based on info from his own sources, Glauber isn't buying Dallas Morning News columnist Tim Cowlishaw's report that a deal is close. Aug. 23 - 3:23 pm et
    That's a lot of dough. Nobody is worth that much IMO.

    http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.2230469

  • #2
    manning wont even get that...lol...good luck dude

    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Not happening. He's awesome, but nobody is really worth that. Above most of the premier QBs.
      I'm calling open season on the Jet's secondary!
      Serves them right!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        He's crazy. They should trade him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
          He's crazy. They should trade him.
          They'll have a hard time trading him out when he's demanding that much money.

          Someone will pay it, and the trade will get done, but his trade value drops considerably because of his demanded salary.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's true. He's kind of wrecked things for them.

            They should tell him to go find a team willing to pay that and do a sign-and-trade.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
              It's true. He's kind of wrecked things for them.

              They should tell him to go find a team willing to pay that and do a sign-and-trade.
              Or let him sit on the sideline. I think they can make the playoffs without him myself.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                Or let him sit on the sideline. I think they can make the playoffs without him myself.
                I think they have a solid team without him, but I already think they're rather overrated, and if you look at their schedule, it's gonna be tough for them to make the playoffs with anything but their best shot.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                  Or let him sit on the sideline. I think they can make the playoffs without him myself.
                  not me, they struggled to make the playoffs with him and when you consider the style of defense they play(blitz heavy), that makes him even more important to their success.

                  that said, no way in heck do you pay a corner that kind of money
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                    That's a lot of dough. Nobody is worth that much IMO.
                    No kidding, what a joke.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Revis should just stop..

                      Everytime he makes a demand his IQ seems to drop dramatically. Dumb idiot..

                      If I were the Jets I would trade him...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Selfish people like him make me sick.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not to mention the damage that he and others that do this kind of stuff do to the CBA negotiations.

                          The owners are right now making the argument that, "When we make a contract, we have to stick to it. When you make a contract, you get to hold out and change your mind if you want to. This is why we're not signing a new CBA."

                          That argument has merit. It's an argument that people like Revis are making to the detriment of all the other players that try to do it right and live up to the contracts they signed of their own free will in exchange for an opportunity to prove themselves.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            What's he need that kind of money for? Planning on buying BP because they cover the water like he covers WR?

                            I know it's probably more about him being payed like the Best CB in the league because he thinks he is and his little pride is hurt that they only want to pay hims 122 million. BUT GET OVER IT? Who in their right mind turns down 122 million?
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Alastor View Post
                              Not to mention the damage that he and others that do this kind of stuff do to the CBA negotiations.

                              The owners are right now making the argument that, "When we make a contract, we have to stick to it. When you make a contract, you get to hold out and change your mind if you want to. This is why we're not signing a new CBA."

                              That argument has merit. It's an argument that people like Revis are making to the detriment of all the other players that try to do it right and live up to the contracts they signed of their own free will in exchange for an opportunity to prove themselves.
                              This makes me wonder.

                              What if all conctracts were the same, you get payed depending on playing time/ performance. Then nobody can whine because they're not getting payed like the top CB.... Well if you are the top CB you would be payed accordingly.

                              I know there are a lot of holes in this contract and there would have to be a lot of work done to get something like this into works. But I wish it were more like that.
                              sigpic
                              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X