No announcement yet.

Revis reportedly wants $162 mill over 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

apparently Revis island is covered in a thick gonja fog.....

No wonder why they are 40 million apart. The jets are willing to over pay, and he's still trying to get as much as possible.

Comment

I would be absolutely thrilled to make 10% of that over the next 10 years!

I'll probably be more like 3%-5%

I wonder how many of these guys would do in the real world if something happened to pro sports.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        I would be absolutely thrilled to make 10% of that over the next 10 years!

I'll probably be more like 3%-5%

I wonder how many of these guys would do in the real world if something happened to pro sports.
        if they were actually smart with their money (which they likely arent, being a bunch of greedy classless divas im guessing they blow their money everyday) they could live for quite a while off of what they make in one year.

I did hear that many of them end up bankrupt though, I know marshall was and while it wasnt quite that much as far as nfl standards go its well above what any normal person makes. It just amazes me how they can make THAT much and have the nerve to tell the media that its not enough to support their families.

Its almost like they expect the fans to agree. I realize that most dont want to get a job after the nfl, I understand that and considering the amount of work and pain they go through in an average career I dont blame them.

So it makes sense that in order to support yourself after you retire you would actually have to make more than the average person AND SAVE your money...but I would have to work 20 years to make what a low paying contract gives these guys, so naturally im not going to have too much sympathy for them.

Comment

If, the jets give into that demand I have lost all respect for them.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X