Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandstater Cut

Brandstater was cut by the Colts today.

Dangit, I just finished saying how he was going to be good!
    That makes me 0-2 today. I said Leinart should be helpful to somebody else too.

Poor Tom, I hope he finds a team.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LSIGRAD09 View Post
      Dangit, I just finished saying how he was going to be good!
      That makes me 0-2 today. I said Leinart should be helpful to somebody else too.

Poor Tom, I hope he finds a team.
      I'm starting to think he's not the greatest guy in the world. Clearly he is an athlete, he looked great in preseason for us, and he looked good in Indy... Why would they just cut him? It doesn't make very much sence at the least...

Aside from maybe he's just not that good of a person... Think about it, Denver and Indy arent too keen to jerkoff players (or else we'd have Jay or Brandon by kissing their butts)

Comment

I would like to see what Brandstater has to offer in a real live football game,so i can see how he plays.I guess its something we wont see for awile.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
          I'm starting to think he's not the greatest guy in the world. Clearly he is an athlete, he looked great in preseason for us, and he looked good in Indy... Why would they just cut him? It doesn't make very much sence at the least...

Aside from maybe he's just not that good of a person... Think about it, Denver and Indy arent too keen to jerkoff players (or else we'd have Jay or Brandon by kissing their butts)
          I just think the Colts think they are invincible behind Manning. If Peyton ever goes down and they have to rely on Painter that team is SCREWED. Stupid move by Indy
          sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
          Sig by: MHS

Comment

There was a reason why the coaches put a hurt Orton back in over Brandstater last season.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
              There was a reason why the coaches put a hurt Orton back in over Brandstater last season.
              cause brandstater was a 6th round pick. most of the time 6th round QB's don't do anything in the NFL so mcdaniels didn't trust him. (tom brady is the only one i know of that has been anywhere form good-elite)
              sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Tom's a great guy. I don't know why he was cut, but he's a true gentleman and from what I remember a pretty hard worker. (He gave up his Monday's to go watch film with Orton and Simms) I think it's like someone posted that the Colts think Peyton will not go down. Best of luck Tom....

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                  cause brandstater was a 6th round pick. most of the time 6th round QB's don't do anything in the NFL so mcdaniels didn't trust him. (tom brady is the only one i know of that has been anywhere form good-elite)
                  It's easy to say that now but there were A LOT of people calling for him to start over Orton and Simms on day 1. He impressed a lot of people in camp and he couldn't have done a worse job than Simms did.

Comment

They didn't cut him because he's a jerk. I wouldn't be shocked to see him on their practice squad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComeBackKid View Post
                      Seriously though, was Tom getting THAT lucky in the preseason games? Apparently he's a great guy and a competetor in other posts. Does he just suck so bad in camp he has to get cut? Or are the Colts just so self conceided that they think Manning will never go down? If thats the case then the Colts are going to be looking at a lot of hurt if they dont keep that line beefy strong.

Comment

This really stinks.

I sure hope another team picks him up.

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                          This really stinks.

I sure hope another team picks him up.
                          I'd love to see the kid to to New England. Learn under one of the Best in the biz, and be coached by one of the best in the biz. Then coming back to Indy and kicking the heck out of them for cutting him.

Comment

He was signed to the Colts practice squad:

It would've made more sense to me to put Painter on the practice squad instead. Maybe at some point if we need a QB because of an injury we can sign Brandstater off their practice squad.

Comment

StupiD move by the Colts... Painter is one of the worst QBs in the league. He's near the same level of Simms imo, they should've sent him to PS and kept Brandstater.

Comment

Working...
                              X