Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''The person who is going to kill this team is the quarterback''

LOL. cutler stinks

''The person who is going to kill this team is the quarterback,'' he said of Jay Cutler. ''Don't take my word for it. Talk to somebody who really knows quarterback fundamentals, and fundamentally this guy is a nightmare right now. Where he holds the ball, how he winds up. His lower half is completely out of sync with his upper half. He almost looks like a guy out in the parking lot throwing a football. Fundamentally, as far as stepping into his throws, setting his feet, the way he carries the ball, it's not very good.

''He's got this everything-is-going-to-be-OK attitude. I don't believe it for a minute. I think he lacks confidence in his offensive line and isn't on the same page with his receivers.''

'The guy who is completely confusing to me is Cutler,'' he said. ''For this team to be good, Cutler has to carry them. He was signed as a franchise quarterback, and when you say franchise quarterback, you're talking about someone who makes players around him better. I don't see it right now.''

LOL's aplenty

That's why I'm picking them to finish behind the Lions this season.

Comment

I agree, the Lions are probably better.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Add me to the pro-Lions chorus. I actually have a bunch of friends here who are Bears fans, and they're not happy about it, but they feel the same way. Bears are the cellar dwellers in the NFC North this year.
        HEAR ME ROAR!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

When I hear the term "hopeless situation" Chicago definitely comes to mind. I never would have thought that Orton would outperform the guy. McDaniels actually played the cards right on that one.

Thank God we're not in that kind of situation as DA Bears.
          sigpic

Comment

It doesn't look good ...

... for Da Bears. It might cost Lovie Smith his job which is too bad because he is a class guy.

Bears got hosed on the Cutler trade. At least they got Johnny Knox out of it.

Martz likes to throw deep and I think that means a lot of picks from Cutler again. I don't know if Jay Cutler is coachable. He seems like a major head case.
            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Jerry Angelo has destroyed that franchise. Last year, the Bears were at or near the bottom of the league in nearly every rushing category. To pad's Cutler's stats, they started throwing the ball nearly every down inside the 10. A higher percentage of his TD passes were inside the 10 than any other NFL quarterback. Only Favre even came close. Inside the 10, they scored three rushing touchdowns, and threw for 15. The team rushed for a total of six, and one of those was Cutler calling his own number. They extended him early, gave him a huge signing bonus, making Cutler (I believe) the NFL's highest paid player in '09. They've traded all their top draft picks and spent a fortune in free agency, trying to buy talent they couldn't develop on their own.

Does that sound like the Chicago Bears to anyone? Angelo's becoming the George Steinbrenner of the NFL, but with none of George's skills.

If it had paid off, if they had gotten to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl last year, then great. But they've become an embarrassment. (Just ask the networks that carried all those prime-time games last year.)

I predicted the Bears would be last in the division by 2011. I may have given them too much credit.
              Respect...it's earned, not given.

sigpic

Comment

The one thing Jay has really illustrated to the NFL is coaches need to start evaluating with more emphasis of players above the shoulders instead of below.

Million dollar arm and $0.05 head just makes for a bad combination, especially for a leadership position of being a QB.

Comment

I think that 1 day, when Cutler is in his 30's and at the end of his career, he will guide a team to a winning record and the playoffs.

Then in his first and only playoff appearance everything will go wrong, he will revert to being a headcase and throw 3 or 4 awful interceptions, and we'll see a return of the dreaded Cutler-face.

http://www.cutlerface.com/

Comment

If Tebow looks ready to start for us in 2011, we can trade Orton for a bunch of picks.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
                      Add me to the pro-Lions chorus. I actually have a bunch of friends here who are Bears fans, and they're not happy about it, but they feel the same way. Bears are the cellar dwellers in the NFC North this year.
                      Man I have to listen to how Devin Aromashadu is gonna be the next big thing all year. Bears oline is HORRRIBLE and Cutler already makes bad mistakes. That pressure this year is gonna kill him

Comment

I already put that in the Prognostication thread
                        sigpic
                        2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by ExBearFan View Post
                          Jerry Angelo has destroyed that franchise. Last year, the Bears were at or near the bottom of the league in nearly every rushing category. To pad's Cutler's stats, they started throwing the ball nearly every down inside the 10. A higher percentage of his TD passes were inside the 10 than any other NFL quarterback. Only Favre even came close. Inside the 10, they scored three rushing touchdowns, and threw for 15. The team rushed for a total of six, and one of those was Cutler calling his own number. They extended him early, gave him a huge signing bonus, making Cutler (I believe) the NFL's highest paid player in '09. They've traded all their top draft picks and spent a fortune in free agency, trying to buy talent they couldn't develop on their own.

Does that sound like the Chicago Bears to anyone? Angelo's becoming the George Steinbrenner of the NFL, but with none of George's skills.

If it had paid off, if they had gotten to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl last year, then great. But they've become an embarrassment. (Just ask the networks that carried all those prime-time games last year.)

I predicted the Bears would be last in the division by 2011. I may have given them too much credit.
                          GREAT facts there, my friend. I told all my buddies that this was exactly what Chicago was doing last year - making their investment look good. Do you have any idea where you got those from? Is it just nfl.com, I can never find good stats like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ExBearFan View Post

Ya I think you did. I'm predicting the Lions to pull a rabbit out of the hat this year . Lions 6-10 (2 wins over bears) Bears 4-12/5-11
                            sigpic

Adopted by: Andrewmlb :thumb:
                            Sig by: MHS

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                              If Tebow looks ready to start for us in 2011, we can trade Orton for a bunch of picks.
                              lol, trade orton BACK to chicago... that would be hilarious!

but anyways... i love orton.... he will be here for 20 years

Comment

Working...
                              X