• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillis scores for Cleveland

Nice run for the old Denver back.

Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
    Nice run for the old Denver back.
    Nice pair of fumbles as well.

I've never seen a running back fumble the ball so eloquently.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Nice pair of fumbles as well.

I've never seen a running back fumble the ball so eloquently.
      and this is exactly why we got rid of him.

People who still are on his nuts, need to get their mental health checked

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky The Sun Devil View Post
        and this is exactly why we got rid of him.

People who still are on his nuts, need to get their mental health checked
        I never liked him and never will like him. I've told people on this board several times. Jerome Harrison is a better back than him and they need to give it to Harrison. Not Hillis. The Browns running game was doing well against the Bucs. But, instead of doing what was working, they decided to forget the running game and throw. The Browns ran the ball only a total of 21 times in the game. 21 rushes 9 rushes by Hillis and Harrison. Harrison had over 50 rushing hards on only 9 carries. They should have kept feeding him the ball.

Comment

I never liked him and never will like him. I've told people on this board several times. Jerome Harrison is a better back than him and they need to give it to Harrison. Not Hillis. The Browns running game was doing well against the Bucs. But, instead of doing what was working, they decided to forget the running game and throw. The Browns ran the ball only a total of 21 times in the game. 21 rushes 9 rushes by Hillis and Harrison. Harrison had over 50 rushing hards on only 9 carries. They should have kept feeding him the ball.
          Delhome threw two interceptions, and Cribbs also fumbled. I guess the Browns should bench them too. Cleveland's offense didn't do anything after they stopped handing the ball off to Hillis. Harrison had almost all of those yards on one carry. You might hate Hillis, but if the Browns want to win this year, they are going to have to continue handing him the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
            Delhome threw two interceptions, and Cribbs also fumbled. I guess the Browns should bench them too. Cleveland's offense didn't do anything after they stopped handing the ball off to Hillis. Harrison had almost all of those yards on one carry. You might hate Hillis, but if the Browns want to win this year, they are going to have to continue handing him the ball.
            Hell no. Hillis does not deserve to be on that field. He is fumbling the ball away to the other team. So what that Harrison got most of those yards on one play. That one play still went 3x farther than Hillis' longest play of the game. The only player that had any success running the ball was Harrison. Harrison makes plays. Harrison deserves to get the ball more. Hillis' best play is fumbling and bumbling around on the football field. Sure, he had a decent yards per carry average. But it doesn't mean much when you get almost five yards a carry just to turn it over to the team. Hillis had the ball a total of 13 times in the game (9 rushes 4 passes) of those thirteen plays he fumbled the ball TWICE. Not once, but TWICE. He never should have been on the field as much as he was in the game. Harrison is 3x the back that Hillis is.

Comment

Hell no. Hillis does not deserve to be on that field. He is fumbling the ball away to the other team. So what that Harrison got most of those yards on one play. That one play still went 3x farther than Hillis' longest play of the game. The only player that had any success running the ball was Harrison. Harrison makes plays. Harrison deserves to get the ball more. Hillis' best play is fumbling and bumbling around on the football field. Sure, he had a decent yards per carry average. But it doesn't mean much when you get almost five yards a carry just to turn it over to the team. Hillis had the ball a total of 13 times in the game (9 rushes 4 passes) of those thirteen plays he fumbled the ball TWICE. Not once, but TWICE. He never should have been on the field as much as he was in the game. Harrison is 3x the back that Hillis is.
              OK dude, I can't get through to you, but the way the Browns offensive line opened holes today, they are going to need Hillis this year. Either way, the whole team gave this game away, not just Hillis. Browns never should have lost to these guys. Tampa has one of the worst offenses I've ever seen in the NFL. Doesn't bode well.

Comment

OK dude, I can't get through to you, but the way the Browns offensive line opened holes today, they are going to need Hillis this year. Either way, the whole team gave this game away, not just Hillis. Browns never should have lost to these guys. Tampa has one of the worst offenses I've ever seen in the NFL. Doesn't bode well.
                The coaches lost the game.

Poor gameplan management. No on field awareness. Waiting to call time outs. Any real coach would want to wear the team down with a faster run game. Give Harrison the ball often and early. Then, maybe, if Hillis can run the ball give him the ball towards the end of the game. That way the defense is tired and Hillis is ready to run. But instead of playing like a logical coach, they do a nice mix of run and pass for half a game, then abandon the run for the second half just because the QB threw an interception that led to a TD. Oh my, so their answer to Delhomme throwing an ill advised interception is to make him throw the ball more. Delhomme is supposed to be a game manager and he was doing a damn fine job untill Mangini and Daboll decided they wanted him to be a gunslinger.

Comment

The coaches lost the game.

Poor gameplan management. No on field awareness. Waiting to call time outs. Any real coach would want to wear the team down with a faster run game. Give Harrison the ball often and early. Then, maybe, if Hillis can run the ball give him the ball towards the end of the game. That way the defense is tired and Hillis is ready to run. But instead of playing like a logical coach, they do a nice mix of run and pass for half a game, then abandon the run for the second half just because the QB threw an interception that led to a TD. Oh my, so their answer to Delhomme throwing an ill advised interception is to make him throw the ball more. Delhomme is supposed to be a game manager and he was doing a damn fine job untill Mangini and Daboll decided they wanted him to be a gunslinger.
                  Sadly, I think you're right about Delhome.

Comment

I must say Hillis looked good on the first drive catching balls out of the backfield. He isn't much of a RB on traditional running plays though. He was stuffed a couple times at least and most of his yards came on like a 3rd and 12 on a shotgun draw play. What I found strange was that Harrison didn't get one carry in the first quarter and had only 2 carries the whole first half. This is a guy who torched teams at the end of the year last year and it appears the Browns are doing all they can to find someone else to be their feature back.

The Browns were dominating this game in the 1st half until Delhomme decided he wanted to be Brett Farve on a first down play and throw a ball up for grabs with 30 seconds left in the half. At the time the Browns were looking at a 56 yard field goal if they didn't advance any further. 56 yards is well within Phil Dawson range as was evidenced later on Dawson's 62 yard field goal attempt that just sailed wide and had the distance.

Delhomme was the biggest reason Cleveland lost this game. Hillis also killed a likely scoring drive by fumbling at the 15 but Delhomme has no excuse for making the p!ss poor throw at the end of the half that led to a return down to the 2 yard line and a miracle catch for a TD by Mike Williams on the next play.

Comment

Sadly, I think you're right about Delhome.
                      Truth is Delhomme was never a game manager. He always has been a high risk passer. A game manager doesn't have almost twice as many INTs as TDs for a season. The Browns may WANT him to be a game manager, but he will always take too many risks and those risks may lose them some games like they did against Tampa Bay. The sooner the Browns abandon the pass (like at the end of 2009) the sooner they win these close games

Comment

Originally posted by ECBeastor View Post
                        Truth is Delhomme was never a game manager. He always has been a high risk passer. A game manager doesn't have almost twice as many INTs as TDs for a season. The Browns may WANT him to be a game manager, but he will always take too many risks and those risks may lose them some games like they did against Tampa Bay. The sooner the Browns abandon the pass (like at the end of 2009) the sooner they win these close games
                        We all know what Delhomme used to be, but this is a new scenario. His arm is all but gone, and the Browns are going to have to rely on the running game this year. If the Browns are going to have success, they need him to make the high percentage play. He looked good in the preseason, but the Buccs forced the Browns into passing situations, and his arm and decision making were exposed.

I think it was obvious that he was hurt in this game. Don't understand the logic from Mangini. If Delhomme has a bad leg, get him out of the game. That's why they have Wallace. The way things are going, we might see a lot more of Wallace this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ECBeastor View Post
                          A game manager doesn't have almost twice as many INTs as TDs for a season.
                          Wow? Really, here I thought he was a veteran in the NFL. I thought he played close to 10 years and did very good most of those seasons. But, hey, if you say he's always thrown twice as many interceptions as touchdowns, whatever.

Comment

Working...
                          X