Darrelle Revis ticketed for speeding, careless driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darrelle Revis ticketed for speeding, careless driving

Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

Speedy New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis was going too fast.

Revis was ticketed for speeding and careless driving while on his way work Thursday.

According to the Newark-Star Ledger, Revis was driving 81 mph in a 40 mph zone, according to the Municipal Court in Livingston, where the ticket was issued.

Revis will have to appear in court Nov. 4.

The citations were described as "uneventful" by Livingston Police Capt. Jeffrey Payne.

Meanwhile, it's unclear if Revis will be able to play Sunday against the Denver Broncos due to a left hamstring injury.
    sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

That would be wreckless driving and possibly jail time for many others. Revis got off easy.

Comment

That's double the speed limit +1 MPH! That would be bad news for most people. Not too smart on his part but can't say I've never speed.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBounca View Post
        That would be wreckless driving and possibly jail time for many others. Revis got off easy.
        Jail time for speeding? No chance. You might get arrested when being stopped, but no Judge in their right mind would sentence someone to Jail time for speeding.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
          Jail time for speeding? No chance. You might get arrested when being stopped, but no Judge in their right mind would sentence someone to Jail time for speeding.
          yeah its wreckless endangerment. like if someone was waving a gun around in a store even though it wasn't loaded. they could still get time in jail.
          "It's not how many breathes we take in a life time, but how many moments in our life time that take our breath away"

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
            It's absolutely a chance for prison time. I'm not talking weeks, months, or years, but days it certainly not out of the question. Here in Virginia, in some counties, it's a 48 hour required jail sentence for speeding in excess of 20 over the limit.

Comment

It's absolutely a chance for prison time. I'm not talking weeks, months, or years, but days it certainly not out of the question. Here in Virginia, in some counties, it's a 48 hour required jail sentence for speeding in excess of 20 over the limit.
              Thats just stupid. Just suspend the persons liscense and they are no longer a liability. This is assuming they are a law biding citizien, outside of speeding.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                Thats just stupid. Just suspend the persons liscense and they are no longer a liability. This is assuming they are a law biding citizien, outside of speeding.
                You can't formally suspend their license until they see a judge, which can take days. I think driving at those speeds are just as dangerous, if not more so, than drinking and driving.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith275 View Post
                  That's double the speed limit +1 MPH! That would be bad news for most people. Not too smart on his part but can't say I've never speed.
                  I got pulled over once for doing over 80 in a 35, and didn't get a ticket

It was a backroad with no traffic, or homes, I was on a sportbike having a bit of fun, the cop was nice and gave me a warning :thumb:

I guess he wasn't all that upset as I wasn't putting anyone else at risk and it was a very sparsely populated area.

Comment

You can't formally suspend their license until they see a judge, which can take days. I think driving at those speeds are just as dangerous, if not more so, than drinking and driving.
                    Yea its dangerous, but locking someone who follows all the laws beside that? What good is that. I mean driving those speeds are ridiculous but I think our system has bigger worries than a dude who has a thrill for speed.

Now if they get pulled over ample times then thats something that must have an additional step taken.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
                      Yea its dangerous, but locking someone who follows all the laws beside that? What good is that. I mean driving those speeds are ridiculous but I think our system has bigger worries than a dude who has a thrill for speed.

Now if they get pulled over ample times then thats something that must have an additional step taken.
                      You wouldn't be saying that if a speeder hit you and killed someone in your family.

Comment

Can you blame him? This is the only way he can keep up with Percy Harvin.

Comment

You wouldn't be saying that if a speeder hit you and killed someone in your family.

My sister was in a car driving back from spring break in 2003, and their car was hit by someone going about 100 mph. Left her in a wheel chair for a year. Were they wrong? Absolutely, Was it their intent to cause a danger to everyone? No. Most times speeders folllow all the laws except speeding. They are just in a hurry, they don't even realize they are breaking a law.

The most honest people don't even realize they are dangering or breaking a law because they have no idea. Now was everyone in my family upset, well yea obviously. Were we trying to have them thrown in jail for substantial time? No it was clearly an accident. However, they did face some legal punishment. These things happen, people are going to face hard, frustrating times in their life. People make mistakes lets live, learn, and move on. Legislation can only do so much. Tightening up speeding (excessive as some speed) would be a waste of money, when our government already needs to save as much as possible.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just don't see it happening unless there is an accident. We are talking about New York, here. I was with a friend once when he was doing 120, got pulled over and didn't even get a ticket.
                            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

If you think he should be locked up for this you must be someone whos never driven aa car. Seriously I almost thought you guys were joking for a second. Jail time for a speeding ticket hahahahahahahahahahahah

Get em darrell go as fast as you want now because he aint gonna be movin that fast this sunday tryna cover royal

Comment

Working...
                              X