How about Colt McCoy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Colt McCoy?

Granted, I'm a HUGE UT fan, but how about Colt McCoy on Sunday? I thought he played excellent considering it's his first NFL start against a strong Steelers defense!

I really hope he gets another start, and gets a jump start on a great career. I wish him the best!
    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
    sigpic

He's going to be decent. Cleveland should use him more. It's a shame that idiot Harrison took out some potent weapons. Still, he is worth the pick, (not saying he has 3rd round quality, but rather the Browns didn't waste a pick) he will be interesting to watch, along with all the big name draft QBs.
    sigpic

Comment

IBCBFCM

(in before charlie brown flames colt mccoy)
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

As a current UT homer and student I'm extremely happy Colt played as well as he did. He was aggressive and attacked downfield, and that first interception really should have been caught by Watson. It was an insane throw in the middle of a bunch of defenders and he had to lay out for it, but it still hit him in the hands.

Overall I'm really happy with how he played. Hopefully he starts and plays well for the rest of the season.

The UT homer in me still kinda wishes we had drafted him...

Comment

Colt McCoy played well. Unfortunately he lost Cribbs and Massaquoi early and they had to abandon the running game because of the score. He deserves to remain the starter at least until Seneca Wallace is completely healthy, and Jake Delhomme should go to the UFL.
          sigpic

Comment

Glad to see the guy do well. I always liked him. He's got moxie and a good attitude.

Comment

Eh... a lot of his passes were short throws but for huge gains. I gotta see him go deep a few times before I can really evaluate him. He played great all in all, and seemed to know what to do with the ball. They should move him up over Delhomme at this point. It's a shame all his weapons got destroyed by Harrison, but overall he played well against a top 5 defense in the league.

Of course Charlie Brown won't agree with any of that...

Comment

Doesn't do much when all you do is complete short passes.

If I wanted a QB to throw 5 yard passes all day long, the Browns should have kept Quinn.

Not impressed with McCoy and personally I think he should be on the sideline soaking up material and not playing in the games.
                The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

For his first start not bad. It will be interesting to see how he develops I hope he has a chance in cleveland. They might as well stick with him and give him a chance and not start the QB circus like they did with Quinn and Anderson. Cleveland actually looks like they are getting some good players and if everyone can gell may have a bright future!

I wonder what Charlie Brown's opinion on McCoy is. Come on Charlie get in on the conversation what you think of McCoy??
                  sigpic

Comment

LOL sorry Charlie you posted a response while I was posting mine! Good timming.

Hey I'd say for his first start and against a great defense it wasn't horrible I would agree he (like any rookie QB) has a long ways to go maybe he will show more upside as the season progresses. Also atleast you drafted him in the 3rd round so if he doesn't pan out you didn't waste a valuable 1st round pick on him.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith275 View Post
                      LOL sorry Charlie you posted a response while I was posting mine! Good timming.

Hey I'd say for his first start and against a great defense it wasn't horrible I would agree he (like any rookie QB) has a long ways to go maybe he will show more upside as the season progresses. Also atleast you drafted him in the 3rd round so if he doesn't pan out you didn't waste a valuable 1st round pick on him.
                      The entire media proclaimed Brady Quinn to be the next great QB because he had a good first start.

Yet, that didn't do much for him.

McCoy got most of his yards and his touchdown in the fourth quarter when the game was already decided. Nothing impressive about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
                        The entire media proclaimed Brady Quinn to be the next great QB because he had a good first start.

Yet, that didn't do much for him.

McCoy got most of his yards and his touchdown in the fourth quarter when the game was already decided. Nothing impressive about that.
                        I hear you about Quinn do not like him one bit! Look at it this way just like it was too early to praise Quinn as the savior after his first start it is also too early to write off McCoy. Now i'm not saying he is going to be great but atleast he brings potential and hope to the Browns. Is he going to start next week or is Wallace or Delhome healthy again?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dsmith275 View Post
                          I hear you about Quinn do not like him one bit! Look at it this way just like it was too early to praise Quinn as the savior after his first start it is also too early to write off McCoy. Now i'm not saying he is going to be great but atleast he brings potential and hope to the Browns. Is he going to start next week or is Wallace or Delhome healthy again?
                          If they are healthy I would certainly hope Delhomme or Wallace would start.

Comment

not bad for McCoy's first NFL start. especially playing against the steelers defense.

Charlie, this is why mccoy was the browns 3rd string QB this season. he's still learning how to succeed in the NFL. you can't just consider him a bust after one game..
                            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                              not bad for McCoy's first NFL start. especially playing against the steelers defense.

Charlie, this is why mccoy was the browns 3rd string QB this season. he's still learning how to succeed in the NFL. you can't just consider him a bust after one game..
                              It may have been his first start. But, by no means should he see any more action this season. I don't care how many yards he threw for nor how accurate his short passes were. That does not make him a good QB nor does that mean that he should start any games.

Comment

Working...
                              X