Brady: Colts tried to illegally simulate snap count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady: Colts tried to illegally simulate snap count

Tom Brady was quite upset at the end of Sunday's 31-28 win over the Indianapolis Colts, but at the time it was unclear as to why he was so mad.

Turns out, Brady was mad at the fact that the Colts' defensive line was simulating the snap count in an attempt to get the Patriots' offensive line to jump early, causing a penalty, and essentially stopping the clock.

The Pats never jumped, and ran the clock out with a kneel, but Brady said on his weekly WEEI Radio appearance Monday that he was just trying to "create some awareness" for the referees at the time.

"Well the defensive line, they can't simulate a snap count, at the end of the game, you know, when you're kneeling on the ball," said Brady. "And really, the only thing that could have stopped us was an offensive penalty to stop the clock. So, you know, I'm in the middle of my snap count, and the defensive tackle is going, 'Hut, hut' to try to get us to jump offsides. To me, the only thing that the ref should be listening for is that."
    http://www.csnne.com/11/22/10/Brady-...52&feedID=3352

That really a rule? I think it's funny.

Wasn't there a time when the Pats use to tape the opposing teams play calls? Illegally?

Wouldn't a penalty of simulating a snap count stop the clock anyway?
    sigpic

I noticed how Pissed off he was, i thought the DT might of swiped at the ball while the center was about to snap it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
      http://www.csnne.com/11/22/10/Brady-...52&feedID=3352

That really a rule? I think it's funny.

Wasn't there a time when the Pats use to tape the opposing teams play calls? Illegally?

Defensive penalties stop the clock if you accept them. The Pats would have either declined it and let it run out, or accepted it and just re-do the kneel down.

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
        Defensive penalties stop the clock if you accept them. The Pats would have either declined it and let it run out, or accepted it and just re-do the kneel down.
        But he is saying it would have been a false start. Trying to get the Oline to jump, therefore stoping the clock.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
          But he is saying it would have been a false start. Trying to get the Oline to jump, therefore stoping the clock.
          I was answering his question of

Comment

The belicheat patsies cheating ways should be put against brady's achievements. He should have an * by his name along with Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
              The belicheat patsies cheating ways should be put against brady's achievements. He should have an * by his name along with Barry Bonds, Mark Mcgwire, etc etc.
              Because the coaches were taping the opponents? What does that have to do with Brady?
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X