X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Browns leading Pro-Bowl votes

LINK

Browns among leading vote-getters

Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the leading vote-getters at their respective positions for the 2011 Pro Bowl.
    Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the top vote-getters at their respective positions in this year’s Pro Bowl balloting.

Steinbach is the leading guard in the AFC with 101,519 votes, while Cribbs leads all AFC kick returners with 98,812 votes. Steinbach, an eight-year veteran who has never been to the Pro Bowl, has the most votes of any guard in either conference.

Cribbs has returned 21 kickoffs for 439 yards, a 20.9 yards-per-return average, and 11 punt returns for 95 yards.

Steinbach has started every game at left guard over the last two seasons next to three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and second-year center Alex Mack.

Voting for the 2011 Pro Bowl will continue online and on web-enabled mobile phones by going to NFL.com/probowl through Monday, December 20. For the first time, fans may vote on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/nfl and clicking on the “Pro Bowl” tab.

Balloting will conclude on Monday, December 20 following Monday Night Football (Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings, ESPN, 8:30 pm (ET). The teams will be announced at 7:00 pm (ET) Tuesday, December 28 on a special NFL Total Access 2011 Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network.

The 2011 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, January 30, 2011 and televised live on FOX at 7:00 pm (ET) at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My take: Why?

Cribbs is having his the worst season of his career on special teams. He is averaging barely over 20 yards per kick return. He is averaging just under 9 yards per punt return. He hasn't had any punt nor kick returns returned for touchdowns. None of his punt nor kick returns have gone over 36 yards. This voting is ridiculous. Plus, Steinbach over Joe Thomas?
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    LINK

Browns among leading vote-getters

Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the leading vote-getters at their respective positions for the 2011 Pro Bowl.
    Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the top vote-getters at their respective positions in this year’s Pro Bowl balloting.

Steinbach is the leading guard in the AFC with 101,519 votes, while Cribbs leads all AFC kick returners with 98,812 votes. Steinbach, an eight-year veteran who has never been to the Pro Bowl, has the most votes of any guard in either conference.

Cribbs has returned 21 kickoffs for 439 yards, a 20.9 yards-per-return average, and 11 punt returns for 95 yards.

Steinbach has started every game at left guard over the last two seasons next to three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and second-year center Alex Mack.

Voting for the 2011 Pro Bowl will continue online and on web-enabled mobile phones by going to NFL.com/probowl through Monday, December 20. For the first time, fans may vote on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/nfl and clicking on the “Pro Bowl” tab.

Balloting will conclude on Monday, December 20 following Monday Night Football (Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings, ESPN, 8:30 pm (ET). The teams will be announced at 7:00 pm (ET) Tuesday, December 28 on a special NFL Total Access 2011 Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network.

The 2011 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, January 30, 2011 and televised live on FOX at 7:00 pm (ET) at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My take: Why?

Cribbs is having his the worst season of his career on special teams. He is averaging barely over 20 yards per kick return. He is averaging just under 9 yards per punt return. He hasn't had any punt nor kick returns returned for touchdowns. None of his punt nor kick returns have gone over 36 yards. This voting is ridiculous. Plus, Steinbach over Joe Thomas?
    Oh look, some players on the team you root for are getting positive attention, and you're upset about it. Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
      Oh look, some players on the team you root for are getting positive attention, and you're upset about it. Imagine that.
      The only thing the makes Charlie happy is seeing the Browns fail.

Comment

Good thing fan voting only makes up 33% of the vote

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
          I like real positive attention.

Not fake positive attention.

For example:

"Wow, the Browns are playing great football!"

When the Browns are 3-7.

Or,

"Josh Cribbs is the best special teams player in the AFC."

When he is having the worst year of his career.

Both of those are false praises. Great football is making it to the playoffs. The Browns are not in the playoffs and are actually eliminated from the playoffs. So, yea, nothing to get excited about. Cribbs, great he's likely going to another Pro Bowl. But, every kick returner other than him has a case to go to the Pro Bowl. Cribbs has failed to make plays on special teams this season and is only going because of his play last season.

Thing is, this is about this year, not last year. Why don't they vote for Favre to go to the Pro Bowl as well?

Comment

For example:

When the Browns are 3-7.

Or,

Both of those are false praises. Great football is making it to the playoffs. The Browns are not in the playoffs and are actually eliminated from the playoffs. So, yea, nothing to get excited about. Cribbs, great he's likely going to another Pro Bowl. But, every kick returner other than him has a case to go to the Pro Bowl. Cribbs has failed to make plays on special teams this season and is only going because of his play last season.

Thing is, this is about this year, not last year. Why don't they vote for Favre to go to the Pro Bowl as well?
            got to agree with you charlie. vickers should be there though.

Comment

Originally posted by pblack18707 View Post
              got to agree with you charlie. vickers should be there though.
              Or Pontbriand

Comment

For example:

When the Browns are 3-7.

Or,

you are the biggest whiner ive ever seen post in here

are all brown fans this way?

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post

It is called realism.

The Browns are 3-7 yet people in the media and on this board are acting like they are going to the playoffs. Hello, the Browns are 3-7.

Cribbs is leading the AFC Pro Bowl ballot at the moment for special teams player. What has he done on special teams this season to warrant that vote? Yea, I know, last year he did very well. He did extremely well last year. But, the problem is that the pro-bowl voting isn't for last year's pro bowl. It is for this year's pro bowl and should be reflective of their play this season.

Cribbs is having his worst season yet on special teams. Usually he takes a few kick and punt returns to the house and is among the leaders in the NFL in those statistics. He usually averages between 25 and 28 yards per kick return. This season? He is averaging 20.9 yards per kick return. That is among the worst in the NFL (let alone the AFC). So, what has Cribbs done this year to warrant a trip to the Pro Bowl? You tell me right now, what has Cribbs done this year to warrant a trip to the Pro Bowl?

Comment

It is called realism.

The Browns are 3-7 yet people in the media and on this board are acting like they are going to the playoffs. Hello, the Browns are 3-7.

Cribbs is leading the AFC Pro Bowl ballot at the moment for special teams player. What has he done on special teams this season to warrant that vote? Yea, I know, last year he did very well. He did extremely well last year. But, the problem is that the pro-bowl voting isn't for last year's pro bowl. It is for this year's pro bowl and should be reflective of their play this season.

Cribbs is having his worst season yet on special teams. Usually he takes a few kick and punt returns to the house and is among the leaders in the NFL in those statistics. He usually averages between 25 and 28 yards per kick return. This season? He is averaging 20.9 yards per kick return. That is among the worst in the NFL (let alone the AFC). So, what has Cribbs done this year to warrant a trip to the Pro Bowl? You tell me right now, what has Cribbs done this year to warrant a trip to the Pro Bowl?
                    I understand where you're coming from, but you're getting media attention when it comes down to it. I'd say take what you can get

Comment

Is Peyton Hillis in the hunt for RB/FB?

I agree with you though this year Cribbs doesn't deserve it. But other than Marianni(NFC) there hasn't really been anyone doing great in ST this year. Hester has been okay.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutOrton8 View Post
                        I understand where you're coming from, but you're getting media attention when it comes down to it. I'd say take what you can get
                        Why would I want media attention?

The media only talks about the Browns to mock them or (now as it turns out) praise them for things they've been doing for years and pretending like they just now have done them.

The Browns have had several close games for years that they have lost. Many of them to "good teams". But, now that Mike Holmgren is with the Browns those close games that the Browns had against "good teams" deserve praise?

The media is extremely biased in their views and the only time they praise anybody is when it is false praise. As a Bronco fan how would you feel right now if the media said that Josh McDaniels is the greatest coach in the history of the Broncos and any negative talk about him is horrible because he's going to be the "next Bellicheck".

You wouldn't like that would you? That is false praise. That is all the Browns are getting. Praise because the Browns "shockingly" have a 3-7 record. A 3-7 record is a losing record and is a very bad season. Your team is 3-7 and this board is full of people saying your coach needs to be fired, players need to be benched, etc... Yet, you and the media are sitting here saying that Browns fans should be happy that they are 3-7?

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                          Is Peyton Hillis in the hunt for RB/FB?

I agree with you though this year Cribbs doesn't deserve it. But other than Marianni(NFC) there hasn't really been anyone doing great in ST this year. Hester has been okay.
                          I have voted for him each time I filled out a ballot. I think he is deserving of a pro bowl.

I do agree with Cribbs haven't seen or heard much about him this year it seems like there has got to be someone else on special teams in the AFC that is more deserving. Don't forger it isn't 100% decided on fans vote either.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey Charlie, What are your thoughts about Hillis possibly making Pro Bowl this year? Do you think he's deserving? I haven't really watched the Browns play at all this year so I just wanted to hear from someone who has.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by captainbronco View Post

It is called realism.
                              whining isn't realism! What you could do instead of complaining about it is recognize that as a team they aren't there yet but are making significant strides in becoming that competitive team that is in the hunt for superbowls every year by making the playoffs. Their defense is very close and the offense is improving, but you keep being real and complain your way through the upward trend.

Geesh!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X