Two Browns leading Pro-Bowl votes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    Hey Charlie, What are your thoughts about Hillis possibly making Pro Bowl this year? Do you think he's deserving? I haven't really watched the Browns play at all this year so I just wanted to hear from someone who has.
    He's not going to be in the Pro Bowl.

There are far more deserving running backs in the AFC alone.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      He's not going to be in the Pro Bowl.

There are far more deserving running backs in the AFC alone.
      Hillis should be a alternative at least. You never know which running back goes down in a month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
        Hillis should be a alternative at least. You never know which running back goes down in a month or so.
        Sure, he can be the 9th alternate to the Pro Bowl.

Hillis isn't near the top in the AFC. In fact, he is a middle of the roads running back. So, to vote for him in the Pro Bowl would be extremely foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by 86rocco View Post
          whining isn't realism! What you could do instead of complaining about it is recognize that as a team they aren't there yet but are making significant strides in becoming that competitive team that is in the hunt for superbowls every year by making the playoffs. Their defense is very close and the offense is improving, but you keep being real and complain your way through the upward trend.

Geesh!!!
          The Browns are 3-7 and you want me to say they are headed in the right direction and are more competitive than the 10-6 Browns team and the other Browns teams that lost half a dozen games by seven points or less every year?

Sorry to burst your bubble but the way the Browns are playing right now is nothing new. It is just that the media wants to cover it because they love Mike Holmgren and want to stoke his ego.

Comment

LINK

Browns among leading vote-getters

Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the leading vote-getters at their respective positions for the 2011 Pro Bowl.
            Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the top vote-getters at their respective positions in this year’s Pro Bowl balloting.

Steinbach is the leading guard in the AFC with 101,519 votes, while Cribbs leads all AFC kick returners with 98,812 votes. Steinbach, an eight-year veteran who has never been to the Pro Bowl, has the most votes of any guard in either conference.

Cribbs has returned 21 kickoffs for 439 yards, a 20.9 yards-per-return average, and 11 punt returns for 95 yards.

Steinbach has started every game at left guard over the last two seasons next to three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and second-year center Alex Mack.

Voting for the 2011 Pro Bowl will continue online and on web-enabled mobile phones by going to NFL.com/probowl through Monday, December 20. For the first time, fans may vote on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/nfl and clicking on the “Pro Bowl” tab.

Balloting will conclude on Monday, December 20 following Monday Night Football (Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings, ESPN, 8:30 pm (ET). The teams will be announced at 7:00 pm (ET) Tuesday, December 28 on a special NFL Total Access 2011 Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network.

The 2011 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, January 30, 2011 and televised live on FOX at 7:00 pm (ET) at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My take: Why?

Cribbs is having his the worst season of his career on special teams. He is averaging barely over 20 yards per kick return. He is averaging just under 9 yards per punt return. He hasn't had any punt nor kick returns returned for touchdowns. None of his punt nor kick returns have gone over 36 yards. This voting is ridiculous. Plus, Steinbach over Joe Thomas?
            people are probably voting cribbs because he's so famous and well known throughout the NFL. some of the only kick returners i know anything about would be the following: Eddie Royal for us, jacoby ford for oakland, darren sproles for san diego, cribbs for the browns, ladarius webb for the ravens, devin hester/johhny knox for chicago, percy harvin for minnesota, desean jackson for the eagles (i know he doesn't always)

im sure some other players like thomas and hillis will get more votes down the stretch
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

LINK

Browns among leading vote-getters

Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the leading vote-getters at their respective positions for the 2011 Pro Bowl.
              Offensive lineman Eric Steinbach and kick returner Joshua Cribbs are the top vote-getters at their respective positions in this year’s Pro Bowl balloting.

Steinbach is the leading guard in the AFC with 101,519 votes, while Cribbs leads all AFC kick returners with 98,812 votes. Steinbach, an eight-year veteran who has never been to the Pro Bowl, has the most votes of any guard in either conference.

Cribbs has returned 21 kickoffs for 439 yards, a 20.9 yards-per-return average, and 11 punt returns for 95 yards.

Steinbach has started every game at left guard over the last two seasons next to three-time Pro Bowl left tackle Joe Thomas and second-year center Alex Mack.

Voting for the 2011 Pro Bowl will continue online and on web-enabled mobile phones by going to NFL.com/probowl through Monday, December 20. For the first time, fans may vote on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/nfl and clicking on the “Pro Bowl” tab.

Balloting will conclude on Monday, December 20 following Monday Night Football (Chicago Bears at Minnesota Vikings, ESPN, 8:30 pm (ET). The teams will be announced at 7:00 pm (ET) Tuesday, December 28 on a special NFL Total Access 2011 Pro Bowl Selection Show on NFL Network.

The 2011 Pro Bowl will be played on Sunday, January 30, 2011 and televised live on FOX at 7:00 pm (ET) at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My take: Why?

Cribbs is having his the worst season of his career on special teams. He is averaging barely over 20 yards per kick return. He is averaging just under 9 yards per punt return. He hasn't had any punt nor kick returns returned for touchdowns. None of his punt nor kick returns have gone over 36 yards. This voting is ridiculous. Plus, Steinbach over Joe Thomas?
              I'd agree with Cribbs, he isn't as awesome as he was last season. I don't know enough about Steinbach though.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X