Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutler leading/passing the bears to the NFC North Division Title

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I never that. Of course he's helped, he's had his good and bad games, just saying he's not the main reason they are 11-4. All i said was the main reason they are going to the playoffs is their defense and special teams, but Cutler has played well as of late.

    A- 63.3 pct, 3,497 yards, 20 TD's, 14 INT's.

    B- 61.1 pct, 3,106 yards, 23 TD's, 14 INT's.

    A is his 07 season in Denver.

    B is this season with Chicago.

    Jay Cutler in 2010 is by definition a middle of the road quarterback. He looks a LOT like 2007 Jay Cutler actually, his first year as a full time starter.

    But since they are going to the playoffs, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    When the Bears were 4-3 Cutler had 7 TD's and 7 INT's. Since then the Bears are 7-1 and Cutler has 16 TD's and 7 INT's. Think about it this way. If Cutler replicated his last 8 games for a whole season. He'd have 32 TD's and 14 INT's. Not to mention during that span he's the best QB in the NFL at converting 3rd downs.

    The guy has 6 games with 100+ QB rating. Another game with a 97.6 QB Rating. Guys like Rivers, Rodgers, and Brady have more, but other big name QB's only have 6 or less 100+ rated games:

    P. Manning (6)
    Ryan (6)
    Freeman (6)
    Vick (5)
    E. Manning (5)
    Garrard (5)
    Schaub (4)
    Roethlisberger (4)
    Fitzpatrick (3)

    Cutler isn't having an MVP year by any means, but his numbers stack up with a lot of other top QB's. He's doing it with lesser receivers and the worst pass protecting o-line: http://newyorklife.stats.com/fb/prot...rall&year=2010

    Sacks
    1. Cutler (46)
    2. McNabb (37)
    3. Flacco (36)
    4. Vick (34)
    5. Orton (34)
    6. Rivers (33)
    7. Garrard (33)
    --some others for comparison--
    Rodgers (29)
    Brady (25)
    Brees (22)
    Ryan (22)
    P. Manning (15)

    Just seems weird you want to make it seem like he's along for the ride. In 2007 Cutler wasn't asked to do as much. It was his first year starting. Now he's a veteran QB where the offense runs through him.

    Comment


    • Also, why has no one mentioned Cutler's pass attempts? He only has had 393 pass attempts for the year, and is averaging 7.9 YPA, meaning he is throwing very efficiently. This is why his yardage totals aren't higher (plus the special teams field position). The fact that he has 23 TDs without any all-star WRs or an O-Line means he is just important to this team as the defense, and is the most important player on the offense.

      Cutler is not the sole reason they are 11-4, but he is a big part of it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Da Swerski View Post
        When the Bears were 4-3 Cutler had 7 TD's and 7 INT's. Since then the Bears are 7-1 and Cutler has 16 TD's and 7 INT's. Think about it this way. If Cutler replicated his last 8 games for a whole season. He'd have 32 TD's and 14 INT's. Not to mention during that span he's the best QB in the NFL at converting 3rd downs.

        The guy has 6 games with 100+ QB rating. Another game with a 97.6 QB Rating. Guys like Rivers, Rodgers, and Brady have more, but other big name QB's only have 6 or less 100+ rated games:

        P. Manning (6)
        Ryan (6)
        Freeman (6)
        Vick (5)
        E. Manning (5)
        Garrard (5)
        Schaub (4)
        Roethlisberger (4)
        Fitzpatrick (3)

        Cutler isn't having an MVP year by any means, but his numbers stack up with a lot of other top QB's. He's doing it with lesser receivers and the worst pass protecting o-line: http://newyorklife.stats.com/fb/prot...rall&year=2010

        Sacks
        1. Cutler (46)
        2. McNabb (37)
        3. Flacco (36)
        4. Vick (34)
        5. Orton (34)
        6. Rivers (33)
        7. Garrard (33)
        --some others for comparison--
        Rodgers (29)
        Brady (25)
        Brees (22)
        Ryan (22)
        P. Manning (15)

        Just seems weird you want to make it seem like he's along for the ride. In 2007 Cutler wasn't asked to do as much. It was his first year starting. Now he's a veteran QB where the offense runs through him.
        Great post.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Oh and I didn't think to look at this before. Here's the biggest difference between 07' Cutler and 10' Cutler if you really want to compare them.

          I included division stats in the splits for one important reason. Division titles are won and lost in those games. In 2007 Cutler was 3-3 against the division. In 2010 he's 5-0 with a meaningless game left. That's a big part of the reason the Bears are NFC North champs.

          2007 Cutler Splits
          BY CLOSE
          4th Q: +/- 7 pts. 34/54 (63.0%) 444 yards (8.22 YPA) 1 TD 2 INT (79.6 QB Rating)
          Last 2 min. of half 37/63 (58.7%) 440 yards (6.98 YPA) 2 TD 3 INT (70.9 QB Rating)

          BY GROUP
          vs. Division 113/189 (59.8%) 1,306 yards (6.91 YPA) 6 TD 8 INT (73.6 QB Rating)

          BY POINT DIFFERENTIAL
          Behind 153/253 (60.5%) 1,746 yards (6.90 YPA) 5 TD 8 INT (74.6 QB Rating)

          2010 Cutler Splits
          BY CLOSE
          4th Q: +/- 7 pts. 35/56 (62.5%) 423 yards (7.55 YPA) 5 TD 2 INT (100.5 QB Rating)
          Last 2 min. of half 28/44 (63.6%) 414 yards (9.41 YPA) 6 TD 2 INT (115.0 QB Rating)

          BY GROUP
          vs. Division 96/147 (65.3%) 1,258 yards (8.56 YPA) 10 TD 5 INT (100.7 QB Rating)

          BY POINT DIFFERENTIAL
          Behind 125/207 (60.4%) 1,746 yards (8.44 YPA) 13 TD 7 INT (94.4 QB Rating)

          Comment


          • Well, it was a great defensive game.

            Cutler looked bad, luckily he didn't get hurt, Green Bay got a lot of hits on him.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
              Cutler looked bad, luckily he didn't get hurt, Green Bay got a lot of hits on him.
              Jay had a bad game. As did Knox. The line wasn't particularly to blame.

              Martz annoyed the hell out of me though and bears much of the brunt - how do you call 47 passes and 18 runs when Forte is averaging over 6 yards a carry?

              Sometimes you have to save Jay, and this passing O, from itself. You don't do that by calling 70% passes. Idiotic.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
                Jay had a bad game. As did Knox. The line wasn't particularly to blame.

                Martz annoyed the hell out of me though and bears much of the brunt - how do you call 47 passes and 18 runs when Forte is averaging over 6 yards a carry?

                Sometimes you have to save Jay, and this passing O, from itself. You don't do that by calling 70% passes. Idiotic.
                You call whatever works. So in this case yes you run instead of passing a lot. If you go against a bad pass defense you pass. Packers are 18th against the run, and 5th against the pass. I'm not sure if that includes today or not. Regardless it's stupid to not attack a weakness when Forte was doing that well.

                That being said Cutler could have played better, but the offense overall had lots of issues. I'm going to say it's a good thing they played the whole game with the issues they have.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                  I have manned up and said he's part of the reason. All i'm saying is he's not the single reason they are 11-4 but the Cutler fanboys think he is.

                  I've said he's not "elite" either, by his numbers he's average. He's had his good games and bad games which is what you get with Cutler. Should be interesting how he does in the playoffs.

                  I have him major props in the Jets game. He had a ridiculous 3rd quarter, he ripped apart the Jets defense.
                  must have miss that part, if so, carry on

                  Comment


                  • Told all of you in preseason 2009 that Cutler would have a horrible year in 2009, an average year with better team results in 2010 and 2011 is when he will probably get back to his form from 2008.

                    Did not think they would win the division this year but I did think they would win 9+ games. I predicted them to win 10-11 games if favre did not come back...which is essentially what Minn got considering Favre's crappy performance.

                    Favre let me down.

                    GB also let me down, they did have allot of injuries though.

                    I have always been right on in what Chicago will give.

                    Cutler is the real deal, that is why we should have never traded him.
                    Skill + Effort = Talent. Talent + Effort = Achievement. A. Duckworth - Grit.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JohnShaft View Post
                      Jay had a bad game. As did Knox. The line wasn't particularly to blame.

                      Martz annoyed the hell out of me though and bears much of the brunt - how do you call 47 passes and 18 runs when Forte is averaging over 6 yards a carry?

                      Sometimes you have to save Jay, and this passing O, from itself. You don't do that by calling 70% passes. Idiotic.
                      Looking back on that game, I don't think Chicago wanted to show to much on offense to a team they may play down the road.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bears6385 View Post
                        Looking back on that game, I don't think Chicago wanted to show to much on offense to a team they may play down the road.
                        I really hope that's true, and since then that's sorta the story that's come from Martz.

                        Bears can without a doubt get to the Superbowl with a balanced Offense, and then in the Superbowl who knows. It's one game.

                        But we have no chance with a pass-to-run ratio of 2:1.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X