Ed Reeds brother presumed dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Reeds brother presumed dead

Brian Reed, the 29-year-old brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed, is missing after jumping into the Mississippi River in Louisiana to avoid police, according to reports.

ESPN.com news services

The 29-year-old brother of Ravens safety Ed Reed is missing after jumping into the Mississippi River in Louisiana, several media outlets are reporting.

Officers from the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office had been pursuing Brian Reed, 29, in St. Rose, La., on Friday, WWLTV.com in New Orleans reported. The man was seen jumping into the river at about 10 a.m.

Deputies say they saw Brian Reed jump into the river, go underwater and disappear, the website reported.

"The suspect jumped into the river, went about 15 feet according to the deputy," Sgt. Dwayne LaGrange, a spokesman for the St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office, told WWLTV.com. "At some particular point they said he did witness hands and head come up and go under the water and never resurface again."

Authorities have called off the search for the missing man.

Brian Reed had been involved in a chase with police, WWLTV.com reported. Brian Reed's car matched the description of a vehicle that almost ran another driver off the road.

Ed Reed and the Ravens are scheduled to play the Chiefs Sunday in Kansas City.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh spoke briefly about Reed during a Friday night teleconference that had been scheduled to discuss the hiring of his brother Jim as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, the Baltimore Sun reported.

"We've been in contact as an organization," John Harbaugh told the Sun. "All I want to say is, our thoughts and prayers are with the Reed family at this difficult time. We're just praying for them. I love Ed Reed, I know he's fighting something now and hopefully it'll turn out OK."
    sigpic

Yeah, this has been big news here (along with the two explosions in government buildings).

Prayers to the Reed family.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Yeah, this has been big news here (along with the two explosions in government buildings).

WOW hadn't heard about that one ( no cable and don't often pay attention to news)
      sigpic

Comment

I was just about to post this, luckily I looked in this section before I did.
        Sad story, I wish ed and his family the best, and I hope(even though they wont), the media give them some room and not but into his family issues.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I was just about to post this, luckily I looked in this section before I did.
          Sad story, I wish ed and his family the best, and I hope(even though they wont), the media give them some room and not but into his family issues.
          If they win this week the media will focus on this situation instead of the win...the news media are complete vultures.
          sigpic

Comment

Well if he is dead, my thoughts and prayers to Ed Reed and his family.

RIP Brian Reed
            sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
            Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              If they win this week the media will focus on this situation instead of the win...the news media are complete vultures.
              Which is screw up, and to at to this, a congresswoman was shot point blank in the head.

I just started a thread on it, man today is just crazy.
              sigpic
              Adopted Broncos:
              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Ugh, that can be a huge blow to that team, he has the ability to change the entire game for them, Ed, being one of my top 3 players to watch....this is heart breaking

Comment

He's still playing 2morrow

Comment

I hope they find him alive, that's just rough stuff to deal with for a family.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Two small package bombs exploded in Maryland government buildings Thursday, including one addressed to the governor.

The devices ignited in a flash of flame, a puff of smoke and a sulphur smell. They caused chaos, evacuations and lockdowns, but only minor injuries.

The packages included a statement saying, "Report suspicious activity. Total bull....! You have created a self fulfilling prophecy," ABC News reported.

The NYPD's Counter Terrorism Bureau reminded the city's corporate and official mailrooms to be vigilant.

The first Maryland device, bearing five gaily colored Christmas stamps and addressed to Gov. Martin O'Malley, was opened at 12:25 p.m. in Annapolis.

A mailroom worker's fingers were singed but the flash was so minor that the paperback book-sized package was not significantly damaged.

About 20 minutes later, a similar package was opened at the Maryland Department of Transportation. Again, there was a flash, a puff of smoke and the smell of sulphur. The person who opened the parcel and several other employees were taken to the hospital "as a precaution," said Maryland State Police spokesman Greg Shipley.

Two other packages thought to be suspicious were found in Baltimore at the Maryland Department of Health and Hygiene and at a courthouse. One contained laptop batteries and one had an ink cartridge.

Forensics teams were tracing postmarks, dusting for prints and testing for DNA.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz1AUzePWzs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...maryland_.html
                      Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
                      sigpic
                      I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
                      Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Prayers go out to the Reed family.

Comment

That's horrible. RIP Brian Reed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Why someone who has a bro that made it into the NFL be dumb enough to do something like this?

Comment

Originally posted by AznBroncoFan View Post
                              Why someone who has a bro that made it into the NFL be dumb enough to do something like this?
                              Free will. Personal responsibility.

It is tragic.

I feel bad for the Reed Family. I pray for them.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
                              -Sean Payton

Comment

Working...
                              X