Fisher Fired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher Fired

Weeks after Titans owner Bud Adams said head coach Jeff Fisher would return for the 2011 season, it appears that that’s no longer the case.

Don Banks of SI.com reports that the Titans and Fisher are preparing to part ways, and the move could be announced as early as Friday. It’s not clear whether they’ll call it a firing, a resignation or a mutual decision, but one way or the other it appears that Fisher is out.

Fisher is the league’s longest-tenured head coach, having gotten the job in 1994 when the franchise was still known as the Houston Oilers. He and Adams didn’t appear to be seeing eye-to-eye during the 2010 season, particularly with regards to Vince Young, but Adams said after the regular season had ended that Young was on the way out and Fisher would be retained.

Now there seems to have been a change of heart, and Fisher seems to be moving on.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-tennessee/

Just saw this. Schefter hasn't broke the story yet, so I won't believe it until he does. But it does definitely sound like Fisher is gone.
    2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Let's hope Fox works out...

Comment

Just got the text from ESPN too, definitely seems like this is a done deal.

Just wonder if it will be 'fired', 'resigned' or 'mutually parted ways'.

sigpic

Comment

Titans are screwed. All the decent coaches are gone.
          sigpic

Comment

Great 180 there by the Titans. Who the heck are they going to get as a coach?
            sigpic

Comment

Titans just came out about it:

Tennessee Titans
              The Tennessee #Titans and Jeff Fisher have agreed to part ways and Fisher will no longer be the head coach of the team.

http://twitter.com/#!/tennesseetitans

sigpic

Comment

A friend of mine sent me a text saying Fox fired Fisher hired as the Broncos HC ...

LOL I went scrambling hook meet fish he knows I cant stand Jeff Fisher ...
                :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Is Bud Adams crazy or stupid? Seriously, why let the drama between Fisher and Young build to the detriment of your team just to ditch both of them?
                  When 303 calls... you answer.

sigpic

I thought you guys meant this Coach Fox!

Comment

Glad to see the only good thing about that team finally leave.

Comment

Very surprising.

Comment

nooooo, is it too late to give back fox?? i wanted fisher since we fired McD!

sigpic
                        Thanks Sporting4life!

Welcome to Denver Von Miller!!

Originally posted by MarshallMoss
                        My bet is open to anyone. 7 sacks minimum playing at least 14 games in 2011. I will eat crow if I am wrong, and will cp everyone who takes my offer. If you lose, you will be happy to send a cp my way![/B]
                        Bet Taken! Although i hope you win

Comment

Here's an interesting little tidbit about Fisher I didn't know.....

So I went on to Wikipedia to see what his overall record was, and learned that:

1) He was a part of the 1985 SB winning Bears team.....and
                          2) In 1983, he had his leg broken on a tackle from a punt return....the guy making the takle that broke is leg? Bill Cowher.......

I just found those two things interesting......

Comment

Originally posted by wayninja View Post
                            Is Bud Adams crazy or stupid? Seriously, why let the drama between Fisher and Young build to the detriment of your team just to ditch both of them?
                            I agree, this is absolutely insane. Not only that, but fire him once all the other teams have sorted their vacancies out so you can scrape the barrel.

Side Note: If this had happened two weeks ago though, Fisher would be Oakland bound, bet you anything.
                            Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

Comment

i thought fisher had a good shot at being our next coach tbh

kind lame on the titans part that they waited this long

Comment

Working...
                              X