Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XXXII&III
    replied
    Why would Favre go or not go? The Superbowl isn't a rivals game or anywhere near a regular game. Doesn't matter WHO plays, it is an Event With A Capital E. Favre doesn't have anything else important to do next Sunday... I'll bet he goes. As will a good many players from a good many other teams, and professional players from other sports, and a boatload of corporate executives, and a boatload of actors and celebrities, and anyone else who can muster up a ticket.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Yea, Favre retired after playing two seasons with the Vikings and one year with the Jets. Favre signed a lifetime contract with the Packers several years ago saying he was only going to play for the Packers. Last I checked he played for the Jets and the Vikings. Which means, he didn't want anything to do with the Packers. Also, last I checked he wanted to make sure he went to a team in the Packers division because he just "loves" the Packers so damn much.

After making a point to wage a media war with the Packers over his retirement/non retirement and then making a point to sign with one of the Packers bitter rivals, now he wants to sit back and say "I always loved them Packers". No, if he really cared about the Packers he would have kept his word and retired years ago. Instead, he wanted to play a tug of war with the organization and then wanted to make sure he signed with one of their rivals.

Then, to boot, he want and sexually harassed a woman, sending lude text messages to her and so on. Favre is a perverted old man who sent a loud and clear message to the Packers, the Packers organization, and their fans. He doesn't want anything to do with them.

The Packers organization should show Favre the same respect that Favre has shown them, as he once told Julius Peppers he wanted them to destroy the Packers. He sure was a loyal player, weaseling his way to a bitter division rival.
    Like it or not, at the end of the day he is still a Packer, at the end of the day, he will goto the hall as a packer, like it or not he retired a Packer. No matter what teams he played for the last 3 seasons, he spent his life in Green Bay.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    He already sent his retirement papers to the NFL, and Favre is a Packer now that he is retired. Rich played for the Raiders, Favre spent most of his life in Green Bay as a Packer, 2 years with the Vikes don't change the fact that, he is retired as a Packer and he going to the Hall as a packer.
    Yea, Favre retired after playing two seasons with the Vikings and one year with the Jets. Favre signed a lifetime contract with the Packers several years ago saying he was only going to play for the Packers. Last I checked he played for the Jets and the Vikings. Which means, he didn't want anything to do with the Packers. Also, last I checked he wanted to make sure he went to a team in the Packers division because he just "loves" the Packers so damn much.

After making a point to wage a media war with the Packers over his retirement/non retirement and then making a point to sign with one of the Packers bitter rivals, now he wants to sit back and say "I always loved them Packers". No, if he really cared about the Packers he would have kept his word and retired years ago. Instead, he wanted to play a tug of war with the organization and then wanted to make sure he signed with one of their rivals.

Then, to boot, he want and sexually harassed a woman, sending lude text messages to her and so on. Favre is a perverted old man who sent a loud and clear message to the Packers, the Packers organization, and their fans. He doesn't want anything to do with them.

The Packers organization should show Favre the same respect that Favre has shown them, as he once told Julius Peppers he wanted them to destroy the Packers. He sure was a loyal player, weaseling his way to a bitter division rival.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Last I checked he was quarterback for the Vikings. Would you expect Rich Gannon to attend a Broncos game, just to show "team spirit". I doubt it. Favre has no reason to attend a Packers Super Bowl when the last I saw he was on the opposite sideline as quarterback of the Vikings.
    He already sent his retirement papers to the NFL, and Favre is a Packer now that he is retired. Rich played for the Raiders, Favre spent most of his life in Green Bay as a Packer, 2 years with the Vikes don't change the fact that, he is retired as a Packer and he going to the Hall as a packer.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    He is retired, he is part of neither team.
    Last I checked he was quarterback for the Vikings. Would you expect Rich Gannon to attend a Broncos game, just to show "team spirit". I doubt it. Favre has no reason to attend a Packers Super Bowl when the last I saw he was on the opposite sideline as quarterback of the Vikings.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Why would he go to the Super Bowl to watch the Packers? He's a Viking. They are division rivals.
    He is retired, he is part of neither team.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie Brown
    replied
    Why would he go to the Super Bowl to watch the Packers? He's a Viking. They are division rivals.

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by tebowgirl15 View Post
    Just wondering if you think Brett Farve will attend the Super Bowl in Dallas?
    I know he didn't treat Aaron Rodgers right as his backup for three years. I know the two don't really get along but each party seems to have mutual respect for the other because their names will be forever linked. It would be a classy move for Brett to finally show support and embrace Rodgers because I think people realize how good Rodgers will be. Plus it would start the thawing process between Farve and the Packers.
    The thawing has already started, and is close to ending. The Packers and Favre are beyond close, it's the fans that need to patch things, and as for Aaron, I think him and Favre had fun together, both have a great deal of respect for each other, and while Aaron has success, people will say it's because Favre was his mentor.

Will he be at the super bowl? Maybe. Does he want to be there? likely.

Favre is retiring as a Packer, he will enter the hall as a packer.

Leave a comment:

• tebowgirl15
    started a topic Will Brett Farve make appearence at Super Bowl

Will Brett Farve make appearence at Super Bowl

Just wondering if you think Brett Farve will attend the Super Bowl in Dallas?
    I know he didn't treat Aaron Rodgers right as his backup for three years. I know the two don't really get along but each party seems to have mutual respect for the other because their names will be forever linked. It would be a classy move for Brett to finally show support and embrace Rodgers because I think people realize how good Rodgers will be. Plus it would start the thawing process between Farve and the Packers.
Working...
X