Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiki Barber intends to resume NFL career

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...ume-nfl-career

The player rep for Tiki Barber announced Tuesday that the former Giants star has filed papers to officially come out of retirement.
    Barber hasn't played since walking away from the Giants after racking up 2,127 total yards in his age-31 season five years ago. Returning to the NFL after four seasons away is unprecedented for a player of Tiki's age.

The closest comp may be Ricky Williams, who missed 2004, 2006 and all but one game of 2007 before returning in 2008 at age 31. Also similar to Williams' scenario, Barber recently claimed to be broke after going through a costly divorce. At age 36 with fresh legs, his upside is third-down back.
    The dude is 36... this can't end well. Look what Favre started!
    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Lol he's gonna hurt himself. 5 years away? Not a good idea AT ALL. How are these guys broke?? Even if his chic took half these guys need to hire financial advisors lol I could live off the intrest alone on 1 million dollars. These dudes are college educated FOOLS

Comment

Huh, I don't see how he's gonna make much more as a player than he would as an analyst.
      sigpic
      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
        Huh, I don't see how he's gonna make much more as a player than he would as an analyst.
        Good point! Maybe he's banking on getting a contract with incentives that would pay him more than he's making as an analyst.
        sigpic

Comment

I just loved the fact that he retires and then the Giants win the Super Bowl next year lol...he probably regrets that decision!
          sigpic
          Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

The question is, WHO WILL SIGN HIM?
            Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
              The question is, WHO WILL SIGN HIM?
              LOL you should not have asked

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter

Early speculative candidates that conceivably could take a flyer on Tiki: John Fox in Denver, Sean Payton in NO, Raheem Morris in Tampa Bay.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                LOL you should not have asked

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter
                I just saw that... I'm a little worried.
                sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                  I just saw that... I'm a little worried.
                  Schefter used the terminology "could take a flier". He's not going off of inside information, or he would use terminology such as, "likely". He's only speculating. It doesn't mean they are likely to take him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in for a work out, however. I think at his age, they are going to want to take a good look at what kind of speed he has left. Either way, it would be a huge risk. There's a reason he walked away when he did.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                    Schefter used the terminology "could take a flier". He's not going off of inside information, or he would use terminology such as, "likely". He's only speculating. It doesn't mean they are likely to take him.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him in for a work out, however. I think at his age, they are going to want to take a good look at what kind of speed he has left. Either way, it would be a huge risk. There's a reason he walked away when he did.
                    I know it's pure speculation at this point but I'd be very concerned if we brought him in. Signing Tiki Barber has Josh Mcdaniels written all over it.
                    sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

aka tiki barber ran out of money

Comment

I know it's pure speculation at this point but I'd be very concerned if we brought him in. Signing Tiki Barber has Josh Mcdaniels written all over it.
                        There's a painful element of truth in that statement.
                        sigpic

Comment

except that he won;t cost much and could be kicked to the curb at no cost at all

Comment

Hey now don't blame it on Favre. Tiki is probably just going through withdraw.

He is regretting ever retiring, the chances of him coming back is small. Doubt any team would risk it, if you wanna play ball Tiki maybe the Arena league can use you or the CFL, or UFL, or the EFL(if thats still around)
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Broncos:
                            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

If fox brings tiki in over tatum he's a fool. And tiki will make over 300k in the nfl(veterans league minimum) I'm sure that's 3x what he makes as an anaylist

Comment

Working...
                              X