No announcement yet.

Tiki Barber intends to resume NFL career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barber is simply without money because of a woman, he is broke. Now he wants to gather some penny by playing a 3rd down role or whatever. And to be honest, I think he is a jerk.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football?r=1

Tiki Barber has filed the paperwork to officially come out of retirement.

Barber hasn't played since walking away from the Giants after racking up 2,127 total yards in his age-31 season of 2006. Returning to the NFL after four seasons away is unprecedented for a player of Tiki's age. The closest comp may be Ricky Williams, who missed 2004, 2006 and all but one game of 2007 before returning in 2008 at age 31. Also similar to Williams' scenario, Barber recently claimed to be broke after going through a costly divorce. At age 36 with fresh legs, his upside is third-down back. The Giants still held his rights when he retired, so they'll have to decide whether to bring him back or release him once he's reinstated.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 03-08-2011, 12:36 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

I hope he knows he's too old to be a runningback.

I think a switch to OG or something may suit him better
      sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
      Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
        I hope he knows he's too old to be a runningback.

I think a switch to OG or something may suit him better
        He could be an awesome analyst... Wait a minute, he already did that and still wasnt that great.
        Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Comment

Originally posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
          He could be an awesome analyst... Wait a minute, he already did that and still wasnt that great.
          he could provide awesome analysis from his basement for yahoo sports

oh wait

Comment

if the almighty LT lost a step at (32?) what makes anyone think hell be able to do anything worthwhile. He better go to a team with an amazing o-line and i wonder if hell go back to the old fumbling tiki??

Comment

Here are the facts as I know em...

His contract wasn't renewed at NBC

His wife is dovorcing him

His brother is getting all the glory now for being the better Barber

All up up to ego and his need of some money, but sadly...as much as I love rooting for these stories...Priest Holmes tried the same thing in 2008 and retired again mid season. Fresh legs and being in workout shape doesn't equate to football shape...I don't see anyone signing him let alone him lasting an entire season and contributing anyways...oh well.

Good luck Tik

Comment

Originally posted by BarkdogRX7 View Post
                Here are the facts as I know em...

His contract wasn't renewed at NBC

His wife is dovorcing him

His brother is getting all the glory now for being the better Barber

All up up to ego and his need of some money, but sadly...as much as I love rooting for these stories...Priest Holmes tried the same thing in 2008 and retired again mid season. Fresh legs and being in workout shape doesn't equate to football shape...I don't see anyone signing him let alone him lasting an entire season and contributing anyways...oh well.

Good luck Tik
                I guess he does need the money

You misspelled divorcing

Tiki should stay retired IMO :paper:

Comment

This a joke. It will not end well. An injury prone RB coming back after several years, when he is 36....smells like disaster.
                  sigpic

Comment

i will laugh at any team that signs this guy.

Comment

I've spent some time thinking about it this evening.

There may be good reason to be skeptical, but if Barber wants to try to come back, and he has the will to do so, then he should.

That is all.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Working...
                      X