Adrian Peterson compares himself to a slave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Peterson compares himself to a slave

Tweet this, repost it, facebook it, any place you can. The writer already has pulled the quote to let Peterson explain the "context." Looks like a writer is afraid of losing access.

A Peterson on how players feels:

AP: It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money … the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey -- without us, there's no football.' There are so many different perspectives from different players, and obviously we're not all on the same page -- I don't know. I don't really see this going to where we'll be without football for a long time; there's too much money lost for the owners. Eventually, I feel that we'll get something done.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...post&status=ok

He acts like NFL players don't get payed.

One thing both sides need to get straight.

There wouldn't be football if it weren't for the FANS. Not the owners or the players.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      Tweet this, repost it, facebook it, any place you can. The writer already has pulled the quote to let Peterson explain the "context." Looks like a writer is afraid of losing access.

A Peterson on how players feels:

AP: It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money … the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey -- without us, there's no football.' There are so many different perspectives from different players, and obviously we're not all on the same page -- I don't know. I don't really see this going to where we'll be without football for a long time; there's too much money lost for the owners. Eventually, I feel that we'll get something done.
      http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...post&status=ok
      This dude just trivialized hundreds of years of slavery that his own people and ancestors went through.

Last I checked playing football is a choice, and a friggin' high-paid choice at that.

All this does is prove that the players are nothing more than self-righteous jerks. Get a real job AP and let's see how much of a slave you feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
        There wouldn't be football if it weren't for the FANS. Not the owners or the players.
        Exactly. Teams can always fill rosters.

Comment

Great, he's a slave paid millions of dolalrs.

If slaves were paid so well, why was slavery abolished?
          The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

I am complete against the slavery of our country's past and slavery throughout time and the world; however, if this is how slaves are today. Playing football getting paid hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars. I want to be one.

Now for the serious side.

I like AD great running back was a great student athlete at OU, maybe he was dreaming and talking in his sleep.
            Last edited by 86rocco; 03-15-2011, 02:39 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

That "slave" has more money than I probably ever will.

Come on Adrian, not your best move.
              sigpic

Comment

He fumbled again!

What's new?

Comment

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Well this is just a really stupid thing for him to say.

Belittling his own heritage while making himself look ignorant.

Atta Kid AP Atta Kid
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Poor Poor slave

Peterson was signed by the Vikings on July 29, 2007. His contract is worth US$40.5 million over six years, with $17 million guaranteed.
                      •Peterson’s jersey is now the 11th best selling jersey. Reebok is happy.
                      •Trading card company, Donruss, has exclusive marketing rights on Peterson. They are also smiling.
                      •Fathead is now selling a $99 version of Peterson to slap on your wall.
                      •EA Sports, Nike, and a few other companies are also invested in Peterson’s success.

Wow has he lost sight of reality.

Didn't Sapp pull this same BS a few years back too?
                      sigpic

Comment

That is one of the stupidest things I have read. They are not being forced to play. The are being paid to play. It's not about the players, there are thousands upon thousands who'd take millions less to get paid to play. The player has the choice to up and leave.

This pisses me off. I'm gonna get out now before I get some IPs.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Very dumb thing for Adrian to say. If you don't like playing football DON'T PLAY FOOTBALL!!! Some of these guys are just jerks many of us would kill to do what they do for a fraction of what they get paid! Football players are slaves... give me a break!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

What a stupid thing to say. He CHOOSES to play in the NFL and gets paid millions for it. Just shut up, AP.

I would expect a black man to understand the sensitivity many have towards slavery, and to be smarter than comparing the NFL to slavery.
                            sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Just wow!

I'll tell you what modern day slavery is Adrian Peterson. Women are being kidnapped, sold and forced into prostitution this very day while you collect your $10M check.

A dumb remark is a dumb remark, but this goes to show you what kind of attitude and self-entitlement these players have. They should just quit if they're so unhappy. Oh wait, they can't. They're slaves.

Comment

Working...
                              X