X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Burnett Rips Roger Goodell

ESPN Article: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6229285

Kevin Burnett:

"Goodell's full of it. He's a liar. You're a blatant liar. 'It's our league, it's we, we love the players, we want the league,' but what have you done for the players? What have you done, in all honesty, to improve the game, besides fine guys, besides take money away from guys, besides change a game that you've never played? ... He's done nothing to improve the game."

----------

Wow, that's all I have to say.
    Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Suddenly I have huge respect for Burnett. Spot on. I know that other players are upset with Goodell and his acts, Urlacher is one of them. We need more.
    sigpic

Comment

i side with goodell on this one

but i hope we re-sign burnett, he was awesome last year
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by powderblues View Post

Kevin Burnett:

"Goodell's full of it. He's a liar. You're a blatant liar. 'It's our league, it's we, we love the players, we want the league,' but what have you done for the players? What have you done, in all honesty, to improve the game, besides fine guys, besides take money away from guys, besides change a game that you've never played? ... He's done nothing to improve the game."

----------

Goodell has ruined a lot of what this league was about. IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisKamanowns View Post
          Goodell has ruined a lot of what this league was about. IMO.
          i tend to believe steroids did that

players are faster and bigger and deadlier

players want more protection but they're the victims of their own steroid abuse

we're now seeing a babying of the league because of it
          sigpic

Comment

Yea!!! go KB! This is what I like to hear

Comment

Kevin Burnett:

----------

what is he referencing? i dont mean any discrespect to the chargers but they really do have a bunch of thug LBs

i honestly hate what goddell has done to football but to say its not for the better is foolish IMO, this is the first time information has been available like it has now with duerson and another FB i forget his name but he has ACLS. . . and its astonishingly crazy the percentage of football players that suffer

its a brutal game . . a fact

the last CBA favored the players . again im pretty sure anyone will admit that . . . make it fair and i dont care
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Kevin Burnett:

----------

Just like you wow!
                1- It's our league, it's we, we love the players, we want the league,
                Not it's not, this is why there is 32 owners and a lot more players...
                2-What have you done, in all honesty, to improve the game, besides fine guys, besides take money away from guys
                Ok maybe not that much. Fining player comes from to mesures,
                the first one relates to the privilege of playing in the NFL and representing the NFL (ex: gun shooting professionnal player is not what the league is about for sure)
                the second comes in a form of negative conditionning (fines) for the players in the name of safety, this one is not that old and needs to be refine I am sure, but I bet the players who had carrer ending concussion or injury comming from a boderline fair hit (let's call that way) would have loved to have those kind of protectiong rules...
                Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                  what is he referencing? i dont mean any discrespect to the chargers but they really do have a bunch of thug LBs

i honestly hate what goddell has done to football but to say its not for the better is foolish IMO, this is the first time information has been available like it has now with duerson and another FB i forget his name but he has ACLS. . . and its astonishingly crazy the percentage of football players that suffer

its a brutal game . . a fact

the last CBA favored the players . again im pretty sure anyone will admit that . . . make it fair and i dont care
                  Burnett was referencing this, I'll just post the intro to the article which explains it:

"Appearing on XX Sports Radio in San Diego, Burnett ripped Goodell when asked to respond to the commissioner's e-mail to NFL season-ticket holders after the NFL Players Association filed to decertify as a union and the NFL owners locked out the players. In the e-mail Goodell outlined the NFL's final offer that was rejected, saying "it was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players."

Basically, he was responding to Goodells letter to the players.

And about your point that the Chargers have thug LBs, lol who in particular?

Here's a list of our notable LB's (the ones who get the most playing time):

Antwan Applewhite
                  Antwan Barnes
                  Kevin Burnett
                  Larry English
                  Brandon Siler
                  Shaun Phillips
                  Stephen Cooper

Out of that list, who strikes you as a thug? I'm just curious.

People seem to have a misconception of the Chargers just because Merriman USED to be on our team. Even he really wasn't a "thug", he had 2 negative incidents his entire career, the steroid use, and the Tila Tequila thing. The Tequila thing was proven to be a false accusation.

That pretty much leaves Shaun Phillips, I know most opposing fans don't like him and deservingly so, he talks a lot of smack. But I think that would make him more of a trash talker than a thug, he doesn't do any illegal hits.

Every team is going to have its fair share of trouble makers on or off the field, thats just life.

Sorry for the rant, just trying to do my part in clearing up misconceptions.

Comment

Kevin Burnett:

----------

This joker is an idiot. It is NOT the players League. If it was they would not have gotten locked out. Commisioner Goodell has tried to make the game safer for him and the rest of the player. The reason players have been fined is because they broke the rules. No one is to blame for that then the person that broke the rules. I find it funny the want more health bennifits, but complain when he tries to make the work place safer.
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      This joker is an idiot. It is NOT the players League. If it was they would not have gotten locked out. Commisioner Goodell has tried to make the game safer for him and the rest of the player. The reason players have been fined is because they broke the rules. No one is to blame for that then the person that broke the rules. I find it funny the want more health bennifits, but complain when he tries to make the work place safer.
                      Well, adding 2 more regular season games isn't exactly making it safer.

Comment

It's not just Burnett alone calling Goodell a liar. It's the NFLPA as well, but with different words, through a letter:

http://plixi.com/p/85222955

That's page 1.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...332?source=rss

In Saturday's letter, the players went through various parts of the offer the NFL made on the last day of negotiations.

"You had ample time over the last two years to make a proposal that would be fair to both sides, but you failed to do so. During the last week of the mediation, we waited the entire week for the NFL to make a new economic proposal," the players wrote to Goodell. "That proposal did not come until 12:30 (p.m.) on Friday, and, when we examined it, we found it was worse than the proposal the NFL had made the prior week when we agreed to extend the mediation."

They concluded their letter by telling Goodell that if he has "any desire to discuss a settlement of the issues" in the antitrust suit filed by 10 players — including star quarterbacks Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Brees — he should contact the lawyers representing the former union.

Goodell ended his letter by saying: "I hope you will encourage your union to return to the bargaining table and conclude a new collective bargaining agreement."

Players were upset by that line, particularly the reference to "your union" — the NFLPA renounced its status as a union and says it is now a trade association, which permits the court actions under antitrust laws; the league calls that move a "sham."

Steelers safety Ryan Clark said Goodell's letter was written "to create confusion, to create dissension among the players."

Dallas Cowboys linebacker Bradie James thought Goodell's words were meant "to divide us; it's that simple."
                        Last edited by -Rod-; 03-19-2011, 10:45 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well said, Burnett.

Comment

Working...
                          X