Congrats Cleveland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ECBeastor View Post
    I'm not so sure Little is new to WR but instead was moved to RB as a freshman because they had Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Tate at WR that year and they had 2 RBs go down with injury. I have also never heard he has troubles with drops. By all accounts I've read, he has very large, soft hands and goes up and gets balls in traffic.

Also, Phil taylor was never a 3-4 NT but was always a 1 tech DT in a 4-3 front, which is exactly what he'll play for the Browns.

You should be excited about the Browns' picks. At least they didn't waste an early first round pick on a WR like bad teams do (Houston, Arizona, Detroit, Cleveland (under Phil Savage), and the Raiders) Because it's almost never that a WR gets 1000 yards as a rookie so they always are a 2-3 project. Phil Taylor will start and produce day 1.
    Phil Taylor is only in it for the money and has questionable personality issues. In regards to the draft, his first statement on his twitter page (now deleted) was that it was time to make the $$. Taylor is not the ideal player for any team to have starting. Further, Little can't catch, played RB as I stated earlier, and has questionable route running ability. Phil Savage did the right thing when it was needed. The Browns needed a top reciever, sure he drafted a jerk but he still was the best reciever the Browns have had in years. Am I glad that reciever is gone? Yes, absolutely, I always hated that jerk. Glad he's gone. But at least Savage had the balls to draft what the team needed.

Heckert? His idea on how to "help" the Browns is to ignore the team's needs and just draft willy nilly with no regard to ability nor to personality.
    The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Brown View Post
      Phil Taylor is only in it for the money and has questionable personality issues. In regards to the draft, his first statement on his twitter page (now deleted) was that it was time to make the $$. Taylor is not the ideal player for any team to have starting. Further, Little can't catch, played RB as I stated earlier, and has questionable route running ability. Phil Savage did the right thing when it was needed. The Browns needed a top reciever, sure he drafted a jerk but he still was the best reciever the Browns have had in years. Am I glad that reciever is gone? Yes, absolutely, I always hated that jerk. Glad he's gone. But at least Savage had the balls to draft what the team needed.

Heckert? His idea on how to "help" the Browns is to ignore the team's needs and just draft willy nilly with no regard to ability nor to personality.
      marshall was a former RB and WR fit him well, all WR will need route running polishing among other things. i mean your crazy if you don;t he brings great yac which is common for west coast #1 and he is big and fast which is not a bad thing.
      sigpic
      oakland raders gm
      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I don't like this sort of though process from football fans. It is very political IMO and is holding these players to a higher standard. Given they should be as they are in the public eye however of course he is happy to get a pay day. Wouldn't you and everyone be. But because they are ball players they are meant to be the perfect human who is all football 24/7. And if they are not they are not the ideal team mate or team player.

However I think Taylor will bust massively. He is a 4th/5th round DT IMO.

Comment

From everything I've seen on film and read in print, Little can catch.

As far as the Savage having Balls to draft a guy they needed, well if you pick #3, to me that says you need pretty much everything. And besides how can you be critical of Heckert for having the Balls to draft a guy at a position they needed (Phil Taylor) and then praise Savage? Especially when savage drafted a WR, a positon that should have about the lowest priority for a rebuilding team. A position at which any individual WR touches the ball like 6 times a game if they're the #1 Wideout. Not nearly as valuable as a guy like Phil Taylor who mixing it up on every defensive snap and averaged like 70 plays on the field a game in college.

Comment

From everything I've seen on film and read in print, Little can catch.

As far as the Savage having Balls to draft a guy they needed, well if you pick #3, to me that says you need pretty much everything. And besides how can you be critical of Heckert for having the Balls to draft a guy at a position they needed (Phil Taylor) and then praise Savage? Especially when savage drafted a WR, a positon that should have about the lowest priority for a rebuilding team. A position at which any individual WR touches the ball like 6 times a game if they're the #1 Wideout. Not nearly as valuable as a guy like Phil Taylor who mixing it up on every defensive snap and averaged like 70 plays on the field a game in college.
            Phil Taylor is a bust. The Browns FO decided that they didn't want a big fat lazy Shaun Rogers anymore. So, they drafted a big fat lazy Phil Taylor (look at how his weight has ballooned at times to nearly 400 pounds). Heckert completely ignores all of the team's needs when he drafts. One of the Browns biggest needs was WR followed by an offensive tackle. So, what does Heckert do? He drafts a WR with issues in the SECOND ROUND and then he completely ignores the offensive line untill the FIFTH ROUND.

Little hasn't played football in an entire season as well. Why do you think that is? Did he not play football for an entire season because he was such a "great" football player? Or, did he fail to play because of his pompous attitude? The latter rather than the former is true. Little engaged in a fight on campus and was disciplined for it. In High School Little played at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, linebacker, safety and cornerback. His freshman year of college he played as a RB. His sophomore year of college he played RB for most of the season, but switched positions partway through the season due to an injury to Brian Tate. His junior season he played solely at the reciever position. Then, his senior season? He was kicked off the team.

His stats in college are as follows:

Freshman: 59 rushes 300 yards 2TD & 13 receptions for 99 yards 1TD
            Sophomore: 78 rushes 339 yards 3TD & 11 receptions for 146 yards 0TD
            Junior: 29 rushes 166 yards 1TD & 62 receptions for 724 yards 5TD

That is his entire college career. He has far more experience as a running back than as a wide receiver. He played one full season as a wide reciever and the rest of his time as a running back.

Comment

Phil Taylor is a bust. The Browns FO decided that they didn't want a big fat lazy Shaun Rogers anymore. So, they drafted a big fat lazy Phil Taylor (look at how his weight has ballooned at times to nearly 400 pounds). Heckert completely ignores all of the team's needs when he drafts. One of the Browns biggest needs was WR followed by an offensive tackle. So, what does Heckert do? He drafts a WR with issues in the SECOND ROUND and then he completely ignores the offensive line untill the FIFTH ROUND.

Little hasn't played football in an entire season as well. Why do you think that is? Did he not play football for an entire season because he was such a "great" football player? Or, did he fail to play because of his pompous attitude? The latter rather than the former is true. Little engaged in a fight on campus and was disciplined for it. In High School Little played at quarterback, running back, wide receiver, linebacker, safety and cornerback. His freshman year of college he played as a RB. His sophomore year of college he played RB for most of the season, but switched positions partway through the season due to an injury to Brian Tate. His junior season he played solely at the reciever position. Then, his senior season? He was kicked off the team.

His stats in college are as follows:

Freshman: 59 rushes 300 yards 2TD & 13 receptions for 99 yards 1TD
              Sophomore: 78 rushes 339 yards 3TD & 11 receptions for 146 yards 0TD
              Junior: 29 rushes 166 yards 1TD & 62 receptions for 724 yards 5TD

That is his entire college career. He has far more experience as a running back than as a wide receiver. He played one full season as a wide reciever and the rest of his time as a running back.
              Taylor may be a bust, no one knows. But calling him lazy is far from fact. The guy never came off the field at Baylor and commanded 2 and 3 blockers all game. He was drafted as a need pick to replace the $6 million contract of 32 year old, constantly injured and never practiced, Shuan Rogers who averaged MAYBE 20 snaps a game the last 2 seasons.

Little did what just about every college player you rooted for growing up did. He took a gift. But he got caught. He will take plenty more gifts when he gets to the NFL, except their they will be called endorsements and demo vehicles.

Comment

Taylor may be a bust, no one knows. But calling him lazy is far from fact. The guy never came off the field at Baylor and commanded 2 and 3 blockers all game. He was drafted as a need pick to replace the $6 million contract of 32 year old, constantly injured and never practiced, Shuan Rogers who averaged MAYBE 20 snaps a game the last 2 seasons.

Little did what just about every college player you rooted for growing up did. He took a gift. But he got caught. He will take plenty more gifts when he gets to the NFL, except their they will be called endorsements and demo vehicles.
                Sorry, but Little did not take a "gift".

Little got onto a fight on campus and was kicked out of the football program for it. You are thinking of A.J. Green.

Comment

Sorry, but Little did not take a "gift".

Little got onto a fight on campus and was kicked out of the football program for it. You are thinking of A.J. Green.
                  No, Little was suspended from UNC for the entire 2010 season because he accepted improper benefits from an agent. I think you are thinking of Phil Taylor.

Phil Taylor was dismissed from Penn State in 2008 becuase of an off campus fight that occurred in 2007.

College kids fighting is not very uncommon. Ever been to college? There are several fights every weekend at the bars on large campuses like Penn State. He has exactlly the type of mentality you need manning the defensive line.

Comment

[QUOTE=johnlimburg;3786605]I don't like this sort of though process from football fans. It is very political IMO and is holding these players to a higher standard. Given they should be as they are in the public eye however of course he is happy to get a pay day. Wouldn't you and everyone be. But because they are ball players they are meant to be the perfect human who is all football 24/7. And if they are not they are not the ideal team mate or team player.

However I think Taylor will bust massively. He is a 4th/5th round DT IMO[QUOTE]

I find that an odd opinion since he was present at the NFL Draft to walk out on the stage. The NFL surveys every team before they invite players, SO apparently numerous teams gave the impression he was a top 25 player on their boards.
                    Last edited by ECBeastor; 05-18-2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

No, Little was suspended from UNC for the entire 2010 season because he accepted improper benefits from an agent. I think you are thinking of Phil Taylor.

Phil Taylor was dismissed from Penn State in 2008 becuase of an off campus fight that occurred in 2007.

College kids fighting is not very uncommon. Ever been to college? There are several fights every weekend at the bars on large campuses like Penn State. He has exactlly the type of mentality you need manning the defensive line.
                      Yes, I do go to college and am working on my Master's Degree. I have never been in a fight at college. High School though is another matter. See, in college students want to be there because they are paying for it. In high school kids don't give a damn and are in fights all the time.

Sorry that I mistook Taylor for Little. Taylor ballooned up to 390 pounds and is well known for skipping workouts. I remembered that much about him but i suppose i mistook the fight for Little. Nevertheless, both Taylor and Little have personality issues and were horrible selections.

What is next? Taylor going to pull a Romanowski in training camp and attack a player on his own team?

Comment

Yes, I do go to college and am working on my Master's Degree. I have never been in a fight at college. High School though is another matter. See, in college students want to be there because they are paying for it. In high school kids don't give a damn and are in fights all the time.

Sorry that I mistook Taylor for Little. Taylor ballooned up to 390 pounds and is well known for skipping workouts. I remembered that much about him but i suppose i mistook the fight for Little. Nevertheless, both Taylor and Little have personality issues and were horrible selections.

What is next? Taylor going to pull a Romanowski in training camp and attack a player on his own team?
                        If Taylor has half the career of Romanowski then I would say the pick was well worth it and an absolute success. I mean c'mon 2xtime All-Pro, 4x Super Bowl Champion. You want that guy on your squad.

Comment

If Taylor has half the career of Romanowski then I would say the pick was well worth it and an absolute success. I mean c'mon 2xtime All-Pro, 4x Super Bowl Champion. You want that guy on your squad.
                          No, I don't want a punk on the Browns. I was using Romanowski as an example of a player that has no regard towards anybody including his own teammates as he viciously attacked one of his own teammates.

Comment

I find that an odd opinion since he was present at the NFL Draft to walk out on the stage. The NFL surveys every team before they invite players, SO apparently numerous teams gave the impression he was a top 25 player on their boards.
                            Yeah I know that. I was just saying his true talent is 4-5th round. That is where his play at the end of the college football season had him graded. However he had one good senior bowl game and a good combine which means jack crap and he is a top 35 projection. I see that as the biggest red flag a player can have. Elevating his stock after the season is done by more than 3-4 rounds. Plus he may have a foot problem which may affect him down the road.

Comment

Hopefully Cleveland is looking up and not down. As they do have Peyton Hillis!

Comment

Working...
                              X