Whats the deal with Kolb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the deal with Kolb?

I'm not understanding why everyone in the NFL Media is in love with this guy Kolb. Yeah, he's young, yeah his arm is fairley above decent. But what is it about this kid that makes him such a darn prodigy? In the games I've seen he kinda blew.. rather hard to be honest. Will someone fill me in with what he did that made him so special?

Anything he did that makes him sooo much better than Orton or McNabb?

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
    I'm not understanding why everyone in the NFL Media is in love with this guy Kolb. Yeah, he's young, yeah his arm is fairley above decent. But what is it about this kid that makes him such a darn prodigy? In the games I've seen he kinda blew.. rather hard to be honest. Will someone fill me in with what he did that made him so special?

Anything he did that makes him sooo much better than Orton or McNabb?
    he's shown some flashes, and no doubt would have already been on a new team had all this lockout stuff not happened
    sigpic

Comment

oh and he's not better than orton, but he's got potential to be

as for mcnabb, mcnabb's old
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
        oh and he's not better than orton, but he's got potential to be

as for mcnabb, mcnabb's old
        Okay I'll throw you the McNabb one.. but still he is being judged right now based on his potential. People are expecting him to lead teams and be "the guy" based on one or two "flashes"...

I can go dig up some Ryan Leaf "flashes" if you like.. Idk I think any team who gives up the farm for Kolb is making a drastic mistake..

Comment

Kolb will be good.

Comment

Kolb is trash! He has lower ypa than all the talked about available qbs(mcnabb,orton*,palmer) he has a worse rating than orton and here's the big thing only 7 Tds and still has 7 ints! (Orton 21/9) palmers is better as well. Another huge issue FIVE fumbles on like 170 snaps, orton has 1 on almost 500! Kolb is the most overrated qb I can remember

Comment

So 12 turnovers, 7 Tds is worth 2 1sts? And ortons worth a 3rd?? I say ortons worth a 1 or a 2 and 4 and kolb is worth a 3 AT BEST who cares if he's a couple years younger he's not way younger

Comment

Okay I'll throw you the McNabb one.. but still he is being judged right now based on his potential. People are expecting him to lead teams and be "the guy" based on one or two "flashes"...

I can go dig up some Ryan Leaf "flashes" if you like.. Idk I think any team who gives up the farm for Kolb is making a drastic mistake..
                leaf never had any flashes like kolb , at the nfl level lol

also has kolb even been the #1 guy in a training camp yet? (was he last season with the eagles? i think he was, but i can't recall)
                sigpic

Comment

Yes he was last year and got his spot TAKEN with all those FLASHES he showed last year lol. Had some of the best deep threats in the leage but avg 6 YPA(one of the lowest in the league) mad fumbles and just as many picks as touchdowns. He had 2 good games the year before and 4 or 5 average to poor games this year. He is beyong overrated.

Comment

Yeah, Kolb beat out Vick AND McNabb I do believe last year.. then McNabb was traded and well.. Vick was doomed to his reputation so I guess they didn't have too much of a choice.. But its still so puzzling to me why everybody thinks he's the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to young unproven Quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by themadfanatic View Post
                      Yes he was last year and got his spot TAKEN with all those FLASHES he showed last year lol. Had some of the best deep threats in the leage but avg 6 YPA(one of the lowest in the league) mad fumbles and just as many picks as touchdowns. He had 2 good games the year before and 4 or 5 average to poor games this year. He is beyong overrated.
                      he did beat the awesome falcons pretty well lol
                      sigpic

Comment

But its still so puzzling to me why everybody thinks he's the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to young unproven Quarterbacks.
                        Not me,i dont agree.Kolb is very overated and i know he is not worth 2 first round draft picks.Imo Orton is a lot better than Kolb,and is worth a higher asking price than Kolb.

Kolb,what have you done lateley

DeSean Jackson will make any QB look like they are worth 2 first round picks.

Comment

He is no way worth two first round picks. He has potential. He is young and unproven I would not want my team to take a risk like that on him. I would agree that Orton is more attractive option to trade for. I find it funny the media hardly ever mentions him when they talk about QB who potentially will be on the market once the CBA is done.
                          sigpic

Comment

There is no way Kolb is worth 1st round pick let alone 2. He is young and has shown some flashes of being pretty good QB but is still unproven I'm surprised his value worth more than Orton considering Orton is the better QB and proven be solid QB in NFL.
                            sigpic

Comment

Kolb is extremely overrated. People seem to think he has the greatest potential in the world but that's not true imo. He gets scared in the pocket and panics which causes bad passes and turnovers. The games I watched him in last year I didn't see anything to make it seem like he has Bradford style potential which is what a lot of people are making it seem like.
                              sigpic
                              Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                              You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                              You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                              Have It All - Blu3
                              Conceited - Blu3
                              Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                              All On You - Blu3

Comment

Working...
                              X