Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Derrick Anderson flips out on twitter

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Derrick Anderson flips out on twitter

    http://deadspin.com/5808580/



    Edit: Language warning.
    Last edited by LordTrychon; 06-07-2011, 07:00 AM.

  • #2
    I kinda feel bad for the guy... you know, he gets dumped on just about every chance people get.

    But at the same time, I am relieved he's not with the Broncos. Jeez.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Oh man, oh man.

      Comment


      • #4
        I swear, the NFL should forbid it's players from using Twitter. It does more harm than good.
        Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I can't help but feel bad for him, but man... the guy is just not smart.

          Comment


          • #6
            Couldn't happen to a better guy

            The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

            The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

            Comment


            • #7
              LOL



              Flame out. Crash and burn, huh Mav?
              sigpic

              Hooray, beer!

              Comment


              • #8



                Read the comments...they started inventing names of Anderson's new children's book.

                My favorite:

                "Anderson in Waiverland"
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                  I swear, the NFL should forbid it's players from using Twitter. It does more harm than good.
                  no. the NFL should stop getting involved in players' personal business.

                  of course, Twitter isn't exactly very personal, but the simple fact is: it's THEIR account, they can say whatever they want on it. obviously since they are in the public eye, people are going to notice, so some may want to watch what they say, but really: why should they have to?

                  if you don't like what a player or celebrity is saying, don't follow them. it's that simple.

                  it would be like banning them from talking to the media and that would take away 70% of what the NFL does.

                  personally, i applaud them for being themselves on Twitter. and really, the majority of the players conduct themselves rather well on there. there are only a few that don't know how to keep themselves in check, like Anderson for instance.

                  but even then...who cares? this just gives us a better insight to who they really are.

                  now i know i can really not care or root for or like Reggie Bush because he's shown that he's only in it for himself and is giving up on his team already etc.

                  or when what's his face got in trouble with the Steelers for his comments.

                  i wasn't aware the NFL could supersede the Constitution. i know the government likes to do this a lot, but the NFL? who are they to take away free speech? lol

                  if a player wants to act like a jackass on his facebook or twitter account, let him. it's better we all know their true colors anyway i think.
                  sigpic

                  DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                    no. the NFL should stop getting involved in players' personal business.

                    of course, Twitter isn't exactly very personal, but the simple fact is: it's THEIR account, they can say whatever they want on it. obviously since they are in the public eye, people are going to notice, so some may want to watch what they say, but really: why should they have to?

                    if you don't like what a player or celebrity is saying, don't follow them. it's that simple.

                    it would be like banning them from talking to the media and that would take away 70% of what the NFL does.

                    personally, i applaud them for being themselves on Twitter. and really, the majority of the players conduct themselves rather well on there. there are only a few that don't know how to keep themselves in check, like Anderson for instance.

                    but even then...who cares? this just gives us a better insight to who they really are.

                    now i know i can really not care or root for or like Reggie Bush because he's shown that he's only in it for himself and is giving up on his team already etc.

                    or when what's his face got in trouble with the Steelers for his comments.

                    i wasn't aware the NFL could supersede the Constitution. i know the government likes to do this a lot, but the NFL? who are they to take away free speech? lol

                    if a player wants to act like a jackass on his facebook or twitter account, let him. it's better we all know their true colors anyway i think.
                    You are clearly not very knowledgeable about the finer points of PR.

                    Oh, how ever did the NFL survive before there was Twitter and Facebook?

                    Lifetime Broncos/Cowboys fan.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                      I swear, the NFL should forbid it's players from using Twitter. It does more harm than good.
                      its going to come to that, sooner or later.

                      Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                      no. the NFL should stop getting involved in players' personal business.

                      of course, Twitter isn't exactly very personal, but the simple fact is: it's THEIR account, they can say whatever they want on it. obviously since they are in the public eye, people are going to notice, so some may want to watch what they say, but really: why should they have to?

                      if you don't like what a player or celebrity is saying, don't follow them. it's that simple.

                      it would be like banning them from talking to the media and that would take away 70% of what the NFL does.

                      personally, i applaud them for being themselves on Twitter. and really, the majority of the players conduct themselves rather well on there. there are only a few that don't know how to keep themselves in check, like Anderson for instance.

                      but even then...who cares? this just gives us a better insight to who they really are.

                      now i know i can really not care or root for or like Reggie Bush because he's shown that he's only in it for himself and is giving up on his team already etc.

                      or when what's his face got in trouble with the Steelers for his comments.

                      i wasn't aware the NFL could supersede the Constitution. i know the government likes to do this a lot, but the NFL? who are they to take away free speech? lol

                      if a player wants to act like a jackass on his facebook or twitter account, let him. it's better we all know their true colors anyway i think.
                      Children have unfiltered access to sites like twitter and facebook. If they can stop players from riding motorcycles, they can sure make them stop using twitter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The sad part is that... he's right.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wetsel: "I'm sharing this little convo with the media."

                          Anderson: "Ok, Thats fine. That's fine. That's fine. That's fine. THAT'S fine."
                          sigpic


                          @BlueNOrangeFTW

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                            its going to come to that, sooner or later.



                            Children have unfiltered access to sites like twitter and facebook. If they can stop players from riding motorcycles, they can sure make them stop using twitter.
                            that's not the NFL or individual players' responsibility to tell children where they should and shouldn't go on the Internet. if parents don't want their children seeing/hearing these types of things, they can monitor their Internet usage or set up parental controls.

                            by now people ought to realize that not all famous people are worth looking up to. but if your kid wants to look up to a person like T.O. or whoever and you don't agree with said person, then maybe it's your job as a parent to right that ship before it sinks, not the player's.

                            also they banned motorcycles because of safety concerns because of Big Ben's accident. that makes sense. getting into an argument on Twitter doesn't put your ability to step on the field physically and earn your pay at risk.

                            Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
                            You are clearly not very knowledgeable about the finer points of PR.

                            Oh, how ever did the NFL survive before there was Twitter and Facebook?

                            i like when people make a huge generalization and assume they know what people are and are not knowledgeable in.

                            the point is: it's up to the player to conduct themselves in a manner in which they'd like to be perceived, but if they want to look like a child in front of fans, then that's their decision.

                            i understand PR very clearly, and i understand why the NFL would want to control what players say or do in order to protect their own image (right now they need very little help from players in ruining their image), but in this case it's just absurd. they have to realize that this is only helping fuel stories for the media at this point, and if you don't believe that the media is a huge part of sports then...well i don't know what to tell you.
                            sigpic

                            DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I like Derek Anderson. He knows he sucks but he knows he's better than you. Stho sthensthitive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X