Derrick Anderson flips out on twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    that's not the NFL or individual players' responsibility to tell children where they should and shouldn't go on the Internet. if parents don't want their children seeing/hearing these types of things, they can monitor their Internet usage or set up parental controls.

by now people ought to realize that not all famous people are worth looking up to. but if your kid wants to look up to a person like T.O. or whoever and you don't agree with said person, then maybe it's your job as a parent to right that ship before it sinks, not the player's.

also they banned motorcycles because of safety concerns because of Big Ben's accident. that makes sense. getting into an argument on Twitter doesn't put your ability to step on the field physically and earn your pay at risk.
    Man, I really, really hate to quote Tim Tebow, but the line "You are a role model, just not a very good one." comes to mind.

As for the bold part, are you sure? How long is it before one of these guys gets attacked or shot at for poppin off at the mouth to the wrong person? People have been killed for less. I follow a lot of players, and some of them say some pretty nasty stuff.

Comment

This is why I'm glad Philip Rivers doesn't use twitter or such things.

Just look at the best Qb's in the NFL:

Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees

All class acts that don't act like that via the internet.

Although the Chargers have their share of knuckle heads like Shaun Phillips who tweets almost as much as he inhales oxygen.
      Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        Man, I really, really hate to quote Tim Tebow, but the line "You are a role model, just not a very good one." comes to mind.

As for the bold part, are you sure? How long is it before one of these guys gets attacked or shot at for poppin off at the mouth to the wrong person? People have been killed for less. I follow a lot of players, and some of them say some pretty nasty stuff.
        They think they are invincible and untouchable.

All that it takes is internet access and a credit card, and I can find out every piece of info about you and your family I need.

No one is safe.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post

you know, i'll concede here.

i really admire that quote from Tim. He's 100% right. and what's wrong with quoting Tim? lol

also i suppose there could be some instances where someone might get upset enough to attempt an attack on a player. i think what Mendenhaal said about Osama would be a perfect example. i suppose there has to be a fine line that players need to learn not to cross.

the type of thing that Anderson engaged in, i don't think that's anything that should get the NFL's feathers ruffled over. does it help Anderson's image? no. but it only hurts him at this point.

on the other hand, one of Goodell's biggest problem children conducts himself swimmingly on Twitter. even if you don't like him, Ochocinco is a class act on Twitter. even when he gets into debates and tussles, he doesn't get out of line.

*shrugs*
          sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I feel sorry for Anderson wait no I don't guy a moron.
            sigpic

Comment

The fact he is still on an NFL roster is nothing short of amazing
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Kind of feel bad for Derrick Anderson but seriously what is he doing arguing with some random fan over Twitter. Just let it go man!!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X