Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsmith275
    replied
    Kind of feel bad for Derrick Anderson but seriously what is he doing arguing with some random fan over Twitter. Just let it go man!!

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    The fact he is still on an NFL roster is nothing short of amazing

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    I feel sorry for Anderson wait no I don't guy a moron.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Man, I really, really hate to quote Tim Tebow, but the line "You are a role model, just not a very good one." comes to mind.

As for the bold part, are you sure? How long is it before one of these guys gets attacked or shot at for poppin off at the mouth to the wrong person? People have been killed for less. I follow a lot of players, and some of them say some pretty nasty stuff.
    you know, i'll concede here.

i really admire that quote from Tim. He's 100% right. and what's wrong with quoting Tim? lol

also i suppose there could be some instances where someone might get upset enough to attempt an attack on a player. i think what Mendenhaal said about Osama would be a perfect example. i suppose there has to be a fine line that players need to learn not to cross.

the type of thing that Anderson engaged in, i don't think that's anything that should get the NFL's feathers ruffled over. does it help Anderson's image? no. but it only hurts him at this point.

on the other hand, one of Goodell's biggest problem children conducts himself swimmingly on Twitter. even if you don't like him, Ochocinco is a class act on Twitter. even when he gets into debates and tussles, he doesn't get out of line.

*shrugs*

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied
    Man, I really, really hate to quote Tim Tebow, but the line "You are a role model, just not a very good one." comes to mind.

As for the bold part, are you sure? How long is it before one of these guys gets attacked or shot at for poppin off at the mouth to the wrong person? People have been killed for less. I follow a lot of players, and some of them say some pretty nasty stuff.
    They think they are invincible and untouchable.

All that it takes is internet access and a credit card, and I can find out every piece of info about you and your family I need.

No one is safe.

Leave a comment:

• powderblues
    replied
    This is why I'm glad Philip Rivers doesn't use twitter or such things.

Just look at the best Qb's in the NFL:

Brady, Manning, Rivers, Rodgers, Brees

All class acts that don't act like that via the internet.

Although the Chargers have their share of knuckle heads like Shaun Phillips who tweets almost as much as he inhales oxygen.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    that's not the NFL or individual players' responsibility to tell children where they should and shouldn't go on the Internet. if parents don't want their children seeing/hearing these types of things, they can monitor their Internet usage or set up parental controls.

by now people ought to realize that not all famous people are worth looking up to. but if your kid wants to look up to a person like T.O. or whoever and you don't agree with said person, then maybe it's your job as a parent to right that ship before it sinks, not the player's.

also they banned motorcycles because of safety concerns because of Big Ben's accident. that makes sense. getting into an argument on Twitter doesn't put your ability to step on the field physically and earn your pay at risk.

Leave a comment:

• DevilSpawn
    replied
    I like Derek Anderson. He knows he sucks but he knows he's better than you. Stho sthensthitive.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    its going to come to that, sooner or later.

Children have unfiltered access to sites like twitter and facebook. If they can stop players from riding motorcycles, they can sure make them stop using twitter.
    that's not the NFL or individual players' responsibility to tell children where they should and shouldn't go on the Internet. if parents don't want their children seeing/hearing these types of things, they can monitor their Internet usage or set up parental controls.

by now people ought to realize that not all famous people are worth looking up to. but if your kid wants to look up to a person like T.O. or whoever and you don't agree with said person, then maybe it's your job as a parent to right that ship before it sinks, not the player's.

also they banned motorcycles because of safety concerns because of Big Ben's accident. that makes sense. getting into an argument on Twitter doesn't put your ability to step on the field physically and earn your pay at risk.

Originally posted by DoomTrooper View Post
    You are clearly not very knowledgeable about the finer points of PR.

Oh, how ever did the NFL survive before there was Twitter and Facebook?

i like when people make a huge generalization and assume they know what people are and are not knowledgeable in.

the point is: it's up to the player to conduct themselves in a manner in which they'd like to be perceived, but if they want to look like a child in front of fans, then that's their decision.

i understand PR very clearly, and i understand why the NFL would want to control what players say or do in order to protect their own image (right now they need very little help from players in ruining their image), but in this case it's just absurd. they have to realize that this is only helping fuel stories for the media at this point, and if you don't believe that the media is a huge part of sports then...well i don't know what to tell you.

Leave a comment:

• BluenOrnge4Life
    replied
    Wetsel: "I'm sharing this little convo with the media."

Anderson: "Ok, Thats fine. That's fine. That's fine. That's fine. THAT'S fine."

Leave a comment:

• SoundsOfSuccess
    replied
    The sad part is that... he's right.

Leave a comment:

• theMileHighGuy
    replied
    I swear, the NFL should forbid it's players from using Twitter. It does more harm than good.
    its going to come to that, sooner or later.

no. the NFL should stop getting involved in players' personal business.

of course, Twitter isn't exactly very personal, but the simple fact is: it's THEIR account, they can say whatever they want on it. obviously since they are in the public eye, people are going to notice, so some may want to watch what they say, but really: why should they have to?

if you don't like what a player or celebrity is saying, don't follow them. it's that simple.

it would be like banning them from talking to the media and that would take away 70% of what the NFL does.

personally, i applaud them for being themselves on Twitter. and really, the majority of the players conduct themselves rather well on there. there are only a few that don't know how to keep themselves in check, like Anderson for instance.

but even then...who cares? this just gives us a better insight to who they really are.

now i know i can really not care or root for or like Reggie Bush because he's shown that he's only in it for himself and is giving up on his team already etc.

or when what's his face got in trouble with the Steelers for his comments.

i wasn't aware the NFL could supersede the Constitution. i know the government likes to do this a lot, but the NFL? who are they to take away free speech? lol

if a player wants to act like a jackass on his facebook or twitter account, let him. it's better we all know their true colors anyway i think.
    Children have unfiltered access to sites like twitter and facebook. If they can stop players from riding motorcycles, they can sure make them stop using twitter.

Leave a comment:

• DoomTrooper
    replied

of course, Twitter isn't exactly very personal, but the simple fact is: it's THEIR account, they can say whatever they want on it. obviously since they are in the public eye, people are going to notice, so some may want to watch what they say, but really: why should they have to?

if you don't like what a player or celebrity is saying, don't follow them. it's that simple.

it would be like banning them from talking to the media and that would take away 70% of what the NFL does.

personally, i applaud them for being themselves on Twitter. and really, the majority of the players conduct themselves rather well on there. there are only a few that don't know how to keep themselves in check, like Anderson for instance.

but even then...who cares? this just gives us a better insight to who they really are.

now i know i can really not care or root for or like Reggie Bush because he's shown that he's only in it for himself and is giving up on his team already etc.

i wasn't aware the NFL could supersede the Constitution. i know the government likes to do this a lot, but the NFL? who are they to take away free speech? lol

if a player wants to act like a jackass on his facebook or twitter account, let him. it's better we all know their true colors anyway i think.
    You are clearly not very knowledgeable about the finer points of PR.

Oh, how ever did the NFL survive before there was Twitter and Facebook?

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    I swear, the NFL should forbid it's players from using Twitter. It does more harm than good.

Leave a comment:

• CoryWinget81
    replied

Read the comments...they started inventing names of Anderson's new children's book.

My favorite:

"Anderson in Waiverland"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X