The truth about Cutler and the NFCCG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about Cutler and the NFCCG

There was a lot of very unflattering comments tossed in Cutler's direction by all kinds of folks in the aftermath of the NFC Championship Game, especially in regards to his toughness. It seemed odd to me that a QB who was known, as much as anything in fact, for his toughness would be questioned thus. Everything one heard about his career, right from Vanderbilt, suggested a guy that if nothing else, was tough as hell.

The source for a lot of his critics was a 5 second snapshot that Fox Sports showed. What I found recently was a clip of a sideline reporter for the local CBS station (I think) who was around Cutler and the Chicago coaching staff when the whole incident played out.

Give it a listen, especially the early part of the clip. It is very, very revealing.

CLIP
    Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

I heard Nick Collins on THE HERD the other day... He was asked who was the worst QB, or at least the easiest to read... What QB he loved playing against and had no problem figuring out... He said Jay Cutler.

Comment

Jay Cutler is easier to figure out than Sanchez or Clausen or Jason Campbell

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
        I heard Nick Collins on THE HERD the other day... He was asked who was the worst QB, or at least the easiest to read... What QB he loved playing against and had no problem figuring out... He said Jay Cutler.
        Not sure if your post belongs in this thread
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Anyone questioning Cutler and his toughness needs a serious reality check.

This guy played pro football as an UNDIAGNOSED Type 1 diabetic. He could have been killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
            Anyone questioning Cutler and his toughness needs a serious reality check.

This guy played pro football as an UNDIAGNOSED Type 1 diabetic. He could have been killed.
            Agreed. That's the thing that puzzled me - you can question Cutler's accuracy or ball-security or some other weaknesses of his, but to question arguably the thing he's most known for was just stupid.

Anyway, if you listen to the clip, you will hear the reporter (who admits to not being a big Cutler fan) talk about how much Cutler did to go back in the game. He fought with the coaches and trainers to go back in on a knee that Olin Kreutz says was "wobbling around". The reporter also talks about the Giants game when Cutler was concussed and walking to the wrong sideline and still insisted on going back to the huddle.

The clip gives one a version the national coverage just did not.

Comment

As much as I despise Cutler I've never questioned his physical toughness. Mental and emotional toughness, well that's another story.

All the Bears fans I personally know have been ripping Cutler up and down. I love the fact that there are still Denver fans - a "6" in Cutler's book defending him, whereas many of the Cutler rated "9" fans don't have his back.

He may be physically tough, but he made his bed, I don't feel sorry for him one bit for what he's going through.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                As much as I despise Cutler I've never questioned his physical toughness. Mental and emotional toughness, well that's another story.

All the Bears fans I personally know have been ripping Cutler up and down. I love the fact that there are still Denver fans - a "6" in Cutler's book defending him, whereas many of the Cutler rated "9" fans don't have his back.

He may be physically tough, but he made his bed, I don't feel sorry for him one bit for what he's going through.
                The 'bed' he made was having fans complain about his mental outlook as you're doing.

That he earned and should have to deal with.

The bias that he's faced due to coverage, etc. about his being too wimpy to go back in... that wasn't really something he's earned, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                  The 'bed' he made was having fans complain about his mental outlook as you're doing.

That he earned and should have to deal with.

The bias that he's faced due to coverage, etc. about his being too wimpy to go back in... that wasn't really something he's earned, IMO.
                  He had 90% of this fanbase behind him. He was the next big QB. I'm not saying the spat that lead to his trade was 100% his fault, but I blame Cutler 100% for how HE handled it. McDaniels was no saint, and he is to blame for his actions, but Cutler basically got out of town as quickly as possible, insulted the fans on the way out, and showed little respect for the oranization that drafted him.

If the same thing happened here in Denver, 90% of us would have had his back, passionately I'd venture (the fact that so many still support him so passionately supports this).

He directly insulted the Denver fans, and showed no respect for the Denver Bronco organization. That's what I blame Cutler for. He went to a fanbase that he preferred, and that supposedly superior fanbase has ripped him to shreds. He wanted them, he can have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
                    Jay Cutler is easier to figure out than Sanchez or Clausen or Jason Campbell

lmao
                    That was the reason Josh McDaniels got rid of Jay,he was easy to figure out.So we drafted Tebow who was hard to figure out.I guess thats the theory lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post

Jay probably couldnt take the hits,they were crushing him in that game.I understand what your saying Powder,i'm still pissed off at Jay by the way he acted.I was one of his #1 fans while he was here in Denver.

Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 06-30-2011, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                        Jay probably couldnt take the hits,they were crushing him in that game

Indeed they were.....
                        The fact that Lovie Smith went with Caleb Hanie a guy who had previously completed only 8 NFL passes over a 16 vet in Todd Collins at the most important stage of the season for the Bears told me everything......

The only chance Chicago had was to put someone in with some mobility in order to combat the fierce defensive pressure GB brought all day. Cutlers injury had him immobilized, Collins is a statue, Hanie came in and played well becaue of his legs buying time. I like Cutler and I wish he could have finished that game but the game dictated the neccesity of a mobile QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
                          That was the reason Josh McDaniels got rid of Jay,he was easy to figure out.So we drafted Tebow who was hard to figure out.I guess thats the theory lol.

Comment

Originally posted by red 19 View Post
                            Indeed they were.....
                            The fact that Lovie Smith went with Caleb Hanie a guy who had previously completed only 8 NFL passes over a 16 vet in Todd Collins at the most important stage of the season for the Bears told me everything......

The only chance Chicago had was to put someone in with some mobility in order to combat the fierce defensive pressure GB brought all day. Cutlers injury had him immobilized, Collins is a statue, Hanie came in and played well becaue of his legs buying time. I like Cutler and I wish he could have finished that game but the game dictated the neccesity of a mobile QB.
                            Orton won't last six games with that offensive line. The Green Bay pass rush was having a field day against the Bears Oline.

Comment

the only thing i don't get is:

how was he able to walk around perfectly fine the next day, shopping with his girlfriend?
                              sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Working...
                              X