No announcement yet.

The truth about Cutler and the NFCCG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side note... I saw a note that a few NFL players have come out and said they haven't heard of any of the players being asked to participate in these rankings.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Looks like it was a quoted twitter message.

Originally posted by "Missouribronc
    From Ryan Clark of the Steelers...

People. I do not know 1 player personally that voted on NFL top 100 players! Yes not one! @tpolamalu even asked who voted on it! #sham!

At least Kirk Morrison, Jay Feeley and Kerry Rhodes have also said they don't know anyone who voted.

I found that interesting.
    http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...87#post1292487

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
      Side note... I saw a note that a few NFL players have come out and said they haven't heard of any of the players being asked to participate in these rankings.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Looks like it was a quoted twitter message.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...87#post1292487
      LT.....I find that hard to understand......the NFL Network has some credibility, and would be foolish to promote and publicize this poll without having some meat behind it. They must have sampled the masses. Further, they must have sampled a lot of the players, because you need a lot to make a top 100.
      As for Jay.......even if the rankings have some form of credibility issue, in the NFL Network shows I've watched, when asked who was snubbed, I have never heard Cutler's name. That of course is not a conclusive assessment of the situation, but I have heard Eli's name (he has won a Ring), and even Schaub. Maybe this part had nothing to do with your comment, but I threw it in anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        LT.....I find that hard to understand......the NFL Network has some credibility, and would be foolish to promote and publicize this poll without having some meat behind it. They must have sampled the masses. Further, they must have sampled a lot of the players, because you need a lot to make a top 100.
        As for Jay.......even if the rankings have some form of credibility issue, in the NFL Network shows I've watched, when asked who was snubbed, I have never heard Cutler's name. That of course is not a conclusive assessment of the situation, but I have heard Eli's name (he has won a Ring), and even Schaub. Maybe this part had nothing to do with your comment, but I threw it in anyway.
        Yeah, I wasn't addressing the Cutler situation directly. I just thought it was interesting. Like you, I find it hard to believe that the NFLN would have lied directly about this. I think it's probably just a player making noise for the sake of making noise. Upset about Polamalu's ranking, perhaps.

I think you're right that he has garnered himself a poor reputation. I hope he gets past it someday, personally. I think that the poor reputation he earned for himself was to blame for the horrible outpouring of uninformed opinions by other players and commentators after the NFC Championship, the likes of which haven't really been seen before.

I do think that his teammates, past and present, seem to really have a different opinion of him, so I put more stock in that. Even Elway, whom he supposedly was rude to at a dinner years ago, has spoken in his defense.

Time will tell, but I think that Jay can outgrow his current perception.

Comment

Yeah, I wasn't addressing the Cutler situation directly. I just thought it was interesting. Like you, I find it hard to believe that the NFLN would have lied directly about this. I think it's probably just a player making noise for the sake of making noise. Upset about Polamalu's ranking, perhaps.

I think you're right that he has garnered himself a poor reputation. I hope he gets past it someday, personally. I think that the poor reputation he earned for himself was to blame for the horrible outpouring of uninformed opinions by other players and commentators after the NFC Championship, the likes of which haven't really been seen before.

I do think that his teammates, past and present, seem to really have a different opinion of him, so I put more stock in that. Even Elway, whom he supposedly was rude to at a dinner years ago, has spoken in his defense.

Time will tell, but I think that Jay can outgrow his current perception.
          It would have been very interesting to have Jay and John together here......I could see John mentoring him, and then after a few drinks, trying to kick his butt in a football throwing contest......"you little punk, I can still out throw ya....hey, give me another beer!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            It would have been very interesting to have Jay and John together here......I could see John mentoring him, and then after a few drinks, trying to kick his butt in a football throwing contest......"you little punk, I can still out throw ya....hey, give me another beer!!!!"

That's exactly how I picture it.

Tossing each other Ice Cold Silver Bullets.

lmao.

Comment

That's exactly how I picture it.

Tossing each other Ice Cold Silver Bullets.

lmao.
              dang it LT........even though I have been tough on Jay, there are times when my mind wanders to what could have been.....

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                the only thing i don't get is:

how was he able to walk around perfectly fine the next day, shopping with his girlfriend?
                Actually I believe that was two weeks later. Also walking in a stright line with an MCL injury is whole lot different than trying to evade Clay Matthews or Charles Woodson.

Comment

You all need to think. Ask yourself several questions. Take yourself back to the NFC Championship game on FOX. Do you know how many people are actually working behind the scenes for a Network TV sports program like that.

Hundreds of people, hundreds of meetings. I guarantee you in the production meetings they went over several storylines of both teams season so far. The packers had a ton of injuries. Check, grab the video montage of various people getting injured and get it ready to go. The Bears got a huge year out of Peppers and Urlacher, get that video ready. Rodgers was concussed, dust off the Redskins game. Cutler has had his problems with turnovers, get that video ready.

And you can bet as soon as Cutler went to the side lines with his injury, they had at least three cameras on him every single second for the rest of the game. Think it was a coincidence that they put the video of him sitting on the bench, instead of the video of him talking with the coaching staff, or talking to Caleb Hanie (both of which were confirmed by Bears players as well as FOX and other non affiliated reporters)?

And the national media bought it, hook line and sinker. Because what you had the following week was public out cries from various journalists coming up with bizarre situations. You had that idiot Bill Plaschke actually demand the Bears show the media the hospital MRIs on his leg....this fool thought it was some kind of conspiracy. Or that idiot in Miami, Jason Whitlock, saying Cutler was a quitter.......he must of not watched the other 17 games where Cutler got his brains beat out on a weekly basis. Sure, he lacks toughness.

You can question his motives for wanting to get out of Denver. Whether you like them or not, it was the best decision he mad. The Broncos, while not in free fall, are still a long ways off from being competitive.

You can question his play during that NFC Championship game. It was awful. We have seen him have awful games before.

But you cannot question his toughness, and you cannot question his desire to be out there as the starting QB. His head coach told you, his GM told you, all the Bears reporters that were there told you, many of the other non-biased reporters told you, the medical staff of the Bears told you as well did the players.

He tore his knee, he couldn't play. That did not fit in with what Fox wanted to run in their video clips....so they, in fact, made it look like something was up.

Comment

Working...
                  X