X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Vick Signs New Deal with Nike

Vick signs a new deal with Nike

Posted by Mike Florio on July 1, 2011, 12:14 PM EDT

The Mike Vick redemption tour continues.

Darren Rovell of CNBC reports that Nike has decided to do business again with Vick, four years after Vick pleaded guilty to federal dogfighting and gambling charges.

“Michael acknowledges his past mistakes,” Nike spokesman Derek Kent told Rovell. “We do not condone those actions, but we support the positive changes he has made to better himself off the field.”

In 2009, after Vick emerged from prison and signed with the Eagles, Nike and Vick resumed their relationship, albeit on a much more limited basis. In response to comments from Vick’s agent, Joel Segal, who said that “Mike has had a great relationship with Nike and is excited to be part of the Nike team again,” Nike came out and said that Vick isn’t really part of the team again.

“Nike does not have a contractual relationship with Michael Vick,” Nike spokesman Kejuan Wilkins told Rovell at the time. “We have agreed to supply product to Michael Vick as we do a number of athletes who are not under contract with Nike.”

Still, we sifted through the reports and the facts and determined that, even when Nike only provides product, a contract is always signed. The fact that the parties have found a way to get bast that awkwardness arguably says as much about Vick’s return to prominence than Nike’s ability to forget about his admitted criminal actions.

This time around, Vick is definitely getting paid, on top of the product. For now, the amount isn’t known.

The next question will be whether Nike will face any repercussions from customers. Our guess is that Nike did plenty of surveys and focus groups and other stuff before doing the deal, ultimately confident that having Vick sign on the bottom line won’t hurt the company’s bottom line.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eal-with-nike/
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 07-01-2011, 10:06 AM.

Considering what Nike does to human beings, I really doubt the company cares about what Vick did to dogs. And they will sell, people will buy.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
      Considering what Nike does to human beings, I really doubt the company cares about what Vick did to dogs. And they will sell, people will buy.
      I guess Vick had to find out the hard way.The way he grew up you can't keep doing the things you were doing,you have to seperate yourself from the thugs of the streets.

Growing up in the urban community dog fighting,dice shooting,women,and drugs are a very common thing.He left the hood but the hood didn't leave him.

I'm glad Tony Dungy did'nt give up on him.He became like a father figure to Vick and gave him instant credibility with the nfl and endorsement companies.I also give McNabb credit for teaching Vick how to become a professional on and off the field.

I'm glad Vick made a comeback and is remorsefull for his actions.We need more nfl and nba players to step up who grew up in the same situation, change their lives and be role models to the kids ,instead of teaching them the wrong way.

Once you make it out of the urban community,you can't keep hanging with these guys,they are nothing but trouble for you.

Props to Vick for making a comeback

Comment

I was coming here to post this.

It's been a great comeback by Vick and am very happy for him to see what he has done since he served his time. I like Vick a lot and am happy to see him return to success.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
          I was coming here to post this.

It's been a great comeback by Vick and am very happy for him to see what he has done since he served his time. I like Vick a lot and am happy to see him return to success.
          I'm glad you are the forgiving type of person,if you was not you wouldnt be on this trend.

I like Vick for changing his life around.At first i didnt like the guy because he beat the broncos so bad every time we played against him lol.

Now he can start paying some of the bills he is behind on.I believe the mistake cost Vick over 144 million.

Comment

He is also with CORE Synergy Bracelet company...one of those power bracelet companies that are said to improve balance and flexibility yadda yadda yadda

I bought two

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
              I'm glad you are the forgiving type of person,if you was not you wouldnt be on this trend.

I like Vick for changing his life around.At first i didnt like the guy because he beat the broncos so bad every time we played against him lol.

Now he can start paying some of the bills he is behind on.I believe the mistake cost Vick over 144 million.
              Yeh I forgive what he has done. He done the time and to my knowledge did not publicly sulk about it. He has done all of the right things since and deserves what he has right now.

Comment

not a big fan of vick but if he can keep his crap straight i say good for him.

Comment

This is Vick's new shoe line, made from real dog!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Not a fan of Vick at all and I do not believe for one second that he has changed.

I am dissapointed that Nike went this way but I guess the almighty dollar is priority here.

sigpic

Comment

Does Vick get to keep the money from this endorsement deal, or does he still owe millions to his creditors?
                      sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                        Does Vick get to keep the money from this endorsement deal, or does he still owe millions to his creditors?
                        I think he went bankrupt and got rid of all that debt.

Comment

He is on a payment plan, so yes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4425724

That is the easiest story to understand that I could find.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good for Vick not a fan but how guy respond playing that great last season is amazing comeback. Vick being in Jail for 2 years is pretty crazy and is inspiring story to where he is today it looks like life changed around for the better. Congrats to him!
                            sigpic

Comment

Congrats to Vick for this major accomplishment. It's nice to see people giving him a 2nd chance. And IMO, he's also earned a 2nd chance.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X