• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Vick poised to add another endorsement deal
    Posted by Mike Florio on July 12, 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
    vick Reuters

Eagles quarterback Mike Vick has recaptured his earning potential on the field. And he’s getting back his ability to generate off-field money, too.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that Vick soon could sign a three-year, $1.55 million deal with MusclePharm, which makes supplements and other workout-related products.

Though Vick has a long way to go to catch Peyton Manning in the advertising sweepstakes, no one reasonably expected Vick to ever rebuild his ability to sell products after serving time in a federal penitentiary for dogfighting and gambling. With Nike back in business with Vick, it looks like the stigma has been overcome by the sizzle.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...orsement-deal/

Leave a comment:

• JayJack
    replied
    Congrats to Vick for this major accomplishment. It's nice to see people giving him a 2nd chance. And IMO, he's also earned a 2nd chance.

Leave a comment:

• Chillez
    replied
    Good for Vick not a fan but how guy respond playing that great last season is amazing comeback. Vick being in Jail for 2 years is pretty crazy and is inspiring story to where he is today it looks like life changed around for the better. Congrats to him!

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    He is on a payment plan, so yes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4425724

That is the easiest story to understand that I could find.

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
    Does Vick get to keep the money from this endorsement deal, or does he still owe millions to his creditors?
    I think he went bankrupt and got rid of all that debt.

Leave a comment:

• Thors Hammer
    replied
    Does Vick get to keep the money from this endorsement deal, or does he still owe millions to his creditors?

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    Not a fan of Vick at all and I do not believe for one second that he has changed.

I am dissapointed that Nike went this way but I guess the almighty dollar is priority here.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied

This is Vick's new shoe line, made from real dog!!

Leave a comment:

• baphamet
    replied
    not a big fan of vick but if he can keep his crap straight i say good for him.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I'm glad you are the forgiving type of person,if you was not you wouldnt be on this trend.

I like Vick for changing his life around.At first i didnt like the guy because he beat the broncos so bad every time we played against him lol.

Now he can start paying some of the bills he is behind on.I believe the mistake cost Vick over 144 million.
    Yeh I forgive what he has done. He done the time and to my knowledge did not publicly sulk about it. He has done all of the right things since and deserves what he has right now.

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    He is also with CORE Synergy Bracelet company...one of those power bracelet companies that are said to improve balance and flexibility yadda yadda yadda

I bought two

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I was coming here to post this.

It's been a great comeback by Vick and am very happy for him to see what he has done since he served his time. I like Vick a lot and am happy to see him return to success.
    I'm glad you are the forgiving type of person,if you was not you wouldnt be on this trend.

I like Vick for changing his life around.At first i didnt like the guy because he beat the broncos so bad every time we played against him lol.

Now he can start paying some of the bills he is behind on.I believe the mistake cost Vick over 144 million.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    I was coming here to post this.

It's been a great comeback by Vick and am very happy for him to see what he has done since he served his time. I like Vick a lot and am happy to see him return to success.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSexyDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Considering what Nike does to human beings, I really doubt the company cares about what Vick did to dogs. And they will sell, people will buy.
    I guess Vick had to find out the hard way.The way he grew up you can't keep doing the things you were doing,you have to seperate yourself from the thugs of the streets.

Growing up in the urban community dog fighting,dice shooting,women,and drugs are a very common thing.He left the hood but the hood didn't leave him.

I'm glad Tony Dungy did'nt give up on him.He became like a father figure to Vick and gave him instant credibility with the nfl and endorsement companies.I also give McNabb credit for teaching Vick how to become a professional on and off the field.

I'm glad Vick made a comeback and is remorsefull for his actions.We need more nfl and nba players to step up who grew up in the same situation, change their lives and be role models to the kids ,instead of teaching them the wrong way.

Once you make it out of the urban community,you can't keep hanging with these guys,they are nothing but trouble for you.

Props to Vick for making a comeback

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Considering what Nike does to human beings, I really doubt the company cares about what Vick did to dogs. And they will sell, people will buy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X